The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » If You Had $3,000 To Invest Into Your Business (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10264 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The title of the thread is the question. Today, if you had or were given $3,000 to invest into your business what would you spend it On? How would you use it? What would you hope to accomplish with this? Why?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7466 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Mindpro -

I'd spend it this way:

1. Show Clothes (new suit or tuxedo) - I would like to refresh my look (maybe starting to not pass the "DNA test"*)
2. AudioApe - I'd like a new audio management tool (my current PA system is fine)
3. LED lights - probably without a stand, position on the floor for mood lighting my backdrop at certain shows
4. Mago - I'd like a new CRM tool
5. Photo shoot - my promotional photos are about 5 years old (getting outdated)
6. Stamps - So I can do some direct mail

So, I'd spend some on the impact of my show, and some on marketing.

I have a wish list of new tricks and illusions, of course, but I think the other elements will make a bigger impact first.

- Donald

P.S. * I read an article a few years ago that talked about about performers themself this question: "Do my props / clothes / PA system / backdrop / personal cleanliness / etc. pass the DNA test?" In this case, DNA stands for "Dirty 'N Awful".
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
726 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I would direct the entire amount to marketing. instead of trying to decide for myself the direction to take, I would hire the best marketing manager or company I could find at that price.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20726 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would send a PM to Mindpro to find out exactly how much coaching I could get for $3,000.

Then I would parlay the extra money made from that for more coaching!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2321 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
The answer to this has changed many times throughout the years, and continues to change. At this point in my career I’m tempted to say I’d invest the 3K in the stock market!

Years ago, I had a mentor that would constantly encourage me to invest in marketing and forget about the tricks. It was excellent advice, and its what I needed to hear at the time. Its so easy to get wrapped up in the tricks because that’s where the fun is. Marketing is work! My hard work throughout the years has brought success and I have just about all the work I could ask for. No, I don’t make Copperfield money, and never will, but I’m paying the bills and have a retirement account. And most importantly I am doing what I enjoy.

So, to answer your question, I’d invest the 3K in some cool tricks! Not because it’s the smartest thing to do, or because it would bring me the best return on my investment, but because its fun!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10264 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:
I would send a PM to Mindpro to find out exactly how much coaching I could get for $3,000.

Then I would parlay the extra money made from that for more coaching!

Yes! Now there's a sound investment plan and a very wise man.

Thanks guys for sharing as it is always interesting to see different ideas and perspectives on how one could best use and apply an injection like this and to which aspects of their business.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
971 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:
I would send a PM to Mindpro to find out exactly how much coaching I could get for $3,000.!

Have you experienced his coaching?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20726 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Have you experienced a joke?

Prior to the internet and everyone being the world's foremost authority that was a light hearted comment and not intended to be serious.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
971 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Asking for coaching from Mindpro was a joke?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, Keith Raygor wrote:
Asking for coaching from Mindpro was a joke?

I believe the joke would be if Danny had that extra 3k, to ask Mindpro for coaching, for others though, I believe it would probably be a sound investment.
Not sure if Danny does coaching, but that too would be a good investment.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20726 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In reality Keith knows full well what was happening. Light hearted banter that he just want to troll. Cool if that is the goal well played.

As for coaching from mindpro yea it is well worth the time effort and money. He has programs, he has materials, a wealth of real world experience in many many more markets than I know of personally. His students are testimony enough.

As for coaching from me that is a poor investment. I do not have the focus, patience or discipline to help others. I would be a poor teacher to say the least. I am great for sharing information and advice, but paying me would be silly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Though I am happy to be an amateur hobbiest, I do enjoy learning and in these threads of tricky business, there has been much valuable information shared by both you Danny and also Mindpro. Thank you.
Grace Olivia
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Grace Olivia
I will use all of these funds to optimize the website and issue shopping subsidies to encourage customers to become repeat customers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » If You Had $3,000 To Invest Into Your Business (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL