The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » If You Had $3,000 To Invest Into Your Business (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21000 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair, and in the spirit of full disclosure Mindpro and myself have been biting around the edges of doing SOMETHING for about 12 years, maybe more. I have seen the quality of the work he does with others up close. I have just spent time talking with him and I would have an idea and he would flush it out in ways that were unimaginable to me just from talking.

Now again I can not stress enough if you are not willing to put in the work, don't bother. No joke. NONE of it is self working! It really amounts to him giving you homework assignments. Which if you DO them it works out really great. If not it is a waste of time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10225 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I think this is a great example of what coaching and/or working with a consultant is all about while addressing some misperceptions. It has always been funny to me that many performers always seem to think "coaching" (when brought up or discussed) is always for someone else. Beginners seem to think "well I'm just starting out, but this must be for those with more experience." Those that have been doing this 5, 7, or even 10 years or more seem to think "well I've been doing this for 5, 7, or even 10 years or more, so coaching wouldn't really help me much, this of for more beginners looking to get properly established."

And really longtime pros ALWAYS think "I've been doing this for 20, 45, even 50 years, there isn't anything he could possibly show or teach me that I don't know or haven't already experienced." Wrong!

I laugh at all three because they are all incorrect. I've worked with many on all of these levels and more including nationally touring headliners, celebrity performers, and even some I would consider "legends" in their industry, and all have been blown away at "how much they didn't know" or what they've learned/gained. Many have no clue that besides general entertainment business education and training, I have very specific education and training on specific markets and venture such as the school and education market, live entertainment fundraisers, the wedding market, kids entertainment, entertainment agent and agency education and training, press and media education and training, speaking, stage hypnosis, and more.

Also, members here seem to think I only work with magicians, when in reality I work with most different types of entertainers, and also entertainment venues including nightclubs, theaters, restaurants, PACs, churches, social clubs, fairs, festivals, and so many others.

Also different entertainment markets - kids markets (yes, there are far more than just kid's birthday parties), corporate, festivals, fairs, cruise ships, resorts, comedy clubs, colleges, trade shows, and about 25 others as well.

As I said in the "Coaching" thread, there are so many misperceptions about education, training, and coaching it is crazy.

I think this is also a great example that someone who is already a brilliant and experienced performer in several performance styles and disciplines, can still gain so much from opening up and accepting such a resource. I know when I say it it sounds like I'm bragging or tooting my own horn, but it is true in literally every sense, literally almost every meeting we've had and the majority of phone discussions, major breakthroughs occur, he has been blown away with not just the information I have presented, but it's value, and some of it can even be business-changing or career-changing. It usually isn't information you would get or find anywhere else, and it is completely tuned in to apply to his specific business and business interests. As I've said before, it is truly the most direct type of learning and education available, and the best investment one can make in their performing career and entertainment business.

Kudos to Danny for being open-minded, checking his ego and experience at the door (all performers have this ego, that's why we are performers), and seeing the value in learning and education. It will make a huge difference in his business and future business ventures.
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
391 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Good to hear your coaching pays off for folks,
also, I didn't know PACs had entertainment venues,
you are referring to "political action committees" right?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10225 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No, Performing Arts Centers.
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
391 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Thanks, that makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Funny enough I have about 3 performing arts centers within 10 minutes of me,
never noticed they abbreviate there name to "PAC".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21000 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They may not. Many do with them regularly do use it as a shorthand.

But you are probably right that most political action committees do not run entertainment venues.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10225 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2022, Fedora wrote:
Thanks, that makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Funny enough I have about 3 performing arts centers within 10 minutes of me,
never noticed they abbreviate there name to "PAC".

Yes, it is an industry term. I don't typically hear it used by the public or on the consumer level.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7506 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
In western Canada, a "PAC" is a parent's group at a school. The acronym stands for Parent Advisory Committee.

For school shows, sometimes a school PAC would book me, and sometimes the Principal.

Used in western Canada (and maybe elsewhere) instead of PTA.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21000 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would spend $3,000 on a Thesaurus apparently.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:

But you are probably right that most political action committees do not run entertainment venues.

Then what do you call the major political parties? Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21000 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not entertaining in the least.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
You're right. It is hard to even laugh at them anymore.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21000 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Any of them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » If You Had $3,000 To Invest Into Your Business (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL