The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon's Bandwidth: No No No No No No No Maybe Yes (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Some more newness from John Bannon and Big Blind Media.

The Bandwidth series features John Bannon tricks geared towards performances via Zoom or video conference, and the first release was Zoombaya. I just noticed that the second release is now out, and is another download they're selling at £6.99:

Bandwidth: No No No No No No No Maybe Yes
https://bigblindmedia.com/collections/ev......n-bannon

Here's the ad copy:

A BBM EXCLUSIVE VIDEO DOWNLOAD - ‘No No No No No No No Maybe Yes’ is the second release in John Bannon’s killer new series of self-working yet jawdropping card routines. This BBM exclusive video download will absolutely floor people in person, and because you never touch the cards once it also slays over video chat!

So, what’s ‘No No No No No No No Maybe Yes’ all about?

From a borrowed, shuffled deck in use, your spectator peeks a card at a freely-chosen number.

They “burn” a random and unknown number of cards into the center of the deck.

Now the spectator cuts & mixes the deck

Remember - you don’t know their card. You don’t know their number. AND you’ve never seen or even touched the cards!

Now you ask the spectator to call out the names of the cards from the top of the deck -and impossibly you nail the chosen card. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

Works with a borrowed, shuffled deck in use (even an incomplete deck)!
● No setup needed - 100% impromptu
● No sleight of hand
● You NEVER touch or see the cards
● Works over video call / phone call / in person / on stage!
● Perform from the other side of the world
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Cant find a videotrailer for this effect.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
That's a long name for the trick.
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
"Page not found"

Either a glitch or it's no longer available.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hopefully no longer available seeing as zoom shows are no longer the norm in the United Kingdom.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2021, IanL wrote:
"Page not found"

Either a glitch or it's no longer available.

I just noticed that the page is back up again now:

https://bigblindmedia.com/collections/ev......n-bannon

I think they're doing some final edits to the official trailer, but you should be able to access the page again. They must just have taken it down temporarily.
Jon Strum
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jon Strum
This trick is as strong in person as it is on Zoom, so you'll find it a nice addition in face-to-face or virtual performances. That is, except for Pegasus as he rarely finds anything to be a nice addition.
"Do you like card tricks?" he asked.
I said no. He did five.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Is this based off one of the old telephone tricks? I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think slim king had something similar on one of his projects, but it’s been a long time and I don’t remember who all is credited I wonder how this particular version stacks up against the competition?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2021, lunatik wrote:
Is this based off one of the old telephone tricks? I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think slim king had something similar on one of his projects, but it’s been a long time and I don’t remember who all is credited I wonder how this particular version stacks up against the competition?

Without seeing the video, that too was one of my thoughts... If so, gotta give him some credit for thinking of it from a different perspective.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I decided to pick it up, it's pretty decent. It's a lot different than what was performed for me, the performer has the spec read out the cards and the performer writes down the cards to figure out what theirs is (I still can't remember how it's done, but the method was awesome)

For Bannon's, most magicians will recognize what's happening in the first phase and the second phase, but the specs will have no clue. I personally wouldn't tell the spec the name of the trick as it kind of gives a hint as to how it's done (for those who own it, will know what I'm saying)

Overall, I'm happy with the trick, it doesn't have to be done over zoom, you can do it in-person just as easy. The other one that I previously mentioned has to be done over the phone or zoom as you wouldn't want them to see you write all the names of the cards.

Now if I can just figure out which version it was!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Its such a shame that it CAN be done in person... Pegasus will be so disappointed. Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Smile Smile Smile
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Folks - if you haven't picked this up yet, you should deffo give it a look. it's 100% self-working, impromptu, works from a borrowed/shuffled deck in use and you never have to touch or see the cards! there are so few routines like this that are actually fooling! check out some of the love we've been getting for it:

"I love this routine. I have sat at my table and done it over and over again and each time I am stunned when the card comes up." The Magic Portal

"A definite 'Yes' from me. We know virtual card tricks can fool, but how many make a smile appear on their faces?" Curtis Kam

"No No No... don't buy it as I want it all to myself. Another great Bannon remote effect. This can be done in person, remotely, requires no skill, and has an intriguing method. Highly recommended." Tim Trono

"Good trick? No. Great trick? Maybe. Fantabulous trick? Yes!" Raj Madhok

"John Bannon is a master of effects that combine maximum impact with minimal effort. Do I recommend "No No No No No No No Maybe Yes?". Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Maybe…Hell Yes!" Steve Friedberg

"John Bannon can create trick titles and plots unlike most others, and because of these differences, he is able to connect with every kind of spectator, making him or her enrapt to the unforeseen possibilities and puzzlements he produces." Jon Racherbaumer

"Dai Vernon often said to me that, 'Simple magic is great and great magic is simple.' He also would say, 'It is not the effect but rather, the journey to it.' John embraces both sentiments with this fun effect." Howard Hamburg

"A virtual fooler with a fun presentation and deviously disguised method. Pure Bannon." John Guastaferro

"The entertainment factor on John's new trick is exceedingly high for such an easy to perform trick. And you can perform it over Zoom or the phone as easily as you can in person. This hits all the buttons." Charlie Randall

Check it out at https://bigblindmedia.com/products/bandw......n-bannon
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I’m assuming if done over the phone and not in person you must ask them to tell you something in order to know your k.y c..d? Similarity’s to Dai Vernons out of sight out of mind from the description.
Regards Gaz 😊
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I’m assuming if done over the phone and not in person you must ask them to tell you something in order to know your k.y c..d? Similarity’s to Dai Vernons out of sight out of mind from the description.
Regards Gaz 😊

nope, you never know the card until they call it out. No key card
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks sounds very nice Gaz 😊
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It's a nice easy to perform effect, I would say lower the price by about $3 Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I had the pleasure of watching John perform this live last week at a zoom lecture along with some other great magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon's Bandwidth: No No No No No No No Maybe Yes (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL