The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bi-Section (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Hi,
I just bought Bi-Section and put it together. I was wondering if anyone had any different ideas for presentation.
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
I would be interested to see if anybody likes it.
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
I don't think there is really too much more you can do with this trick.
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Use your imagination and there is so much more you can do with it. Play around with it and you will see.
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
It lends itself very well to routining.. you start clean, end clean and have a nice wow effect in the middle. Try and think of other related things you can do with the sheet or around the theme of making body parts vanish.
sandman
View Profile
New user
Texas
98 Posts

Profile of sandman
I think you could do it with the sub trunk while standing on top about to do the switch you lift the curtain up and instead of your assistant there you vanish half your body then when you reappear you body say oops wrong trick. This will probably get a laugh. then go ahead and to the switch. Hopes this helps.
Sandman
Presentation is 99% of all magic
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
If you have read Harry Potter, think SPLINCHING
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
How about this: Do it surrounded! Use a hoolahoop and turn it into a circular curtain. How about a costume change as well? State that you are going to change your appearance...when you come back up you have a totally different shirt/jacket on!

or

Your on stage with your two beautiful assistants. You invite someone up on stage and hand them a sword. At this point you can do a couple of different things...you can have your assistants cover you with a large cloth and have the volunteer stab your upper part (just hope they don't make a mistake! how about coloring the cloth?) and then they lower it to show half your body gone...or start out with a pocket sawing in half and then have your assistants cover you. Have the volunteer cut through the cloth (mark it so they know where to cut!) and your assistants lower it to show your body is gone! If you attach the gimmick to the cloth somehow so that it is hidden when the cloth is raised, you can even show your upper body! But then again...that's more stage.....how about doing it with a friend as your assistant while walking around...take out a pocket knife or something and have your friend cover you with something...I wouldn't reccommend a jacket for this one, unless you don't mind Smile. Let your imagination flow...even if it sounds IMPOSSIBLE to you...write it down! You'll surely find something that suits you. Good luck!
If it is to be, it is up to me.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Peter Loughren has a new illusion out called Head Rush. I think it's like Bisection with your head. Do the two together.
onetrickydude
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
3 Posts

Profile of onetrickydude
You could also do something like lightstorm by Andrew Mayne to cut thru your body before the upper half vanishes, you could also rig the gaff with smoke cotten.
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
John Quincy Adams (1767 - 1848)
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Combine Division to cut yourself. Pocket sawing to further separate yourself. Then bisection to vanish half your body. A gratutitous sawing-in-half routine. And I do not think Peter's head rush is anything like bisection. The effect is closer to pocket sawing.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Has anyone tried the HEAD RUSH illusion and if so, is it any good or effective
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
It comes out today! I'm still debating on wheter I will spend the money or not.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

It looks amazing. But still waiting on review. He has some neat stuff.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I love it, I just need to sit down and build it. I have known how it works for a long time, but I bought it a few weeks ago. Using a jacket will take practice as oposed to a curtian. I think it is amazing.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
jester99
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
17 Posts

Profile of jester99
I agree...Andrew Mayne's effects are really amazing.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Well, let us know how the head rush goes. Good luck.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Sorry, I was talking about Bisection. My parents have been getting on me about spending money. They are getting tired of driving me to the magic shop a few times a week to volunteer. They are trying to get me to save for a car.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Well if you save for a care then you can go to the magic shop more then a couple times a week. then sve up for some magic and get them when you have the money. Best of luck

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
369 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I am looking to use Bi-Section for a Halloween gag. The instructions are unclear as to how to best secure the various components of the gimmick, particularly how to bond metal to fabric.

It seems to imply hot glue will work. Just looking to confirm before I goop it all up. Any recommendations?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bi-Section (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL