The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone use a "suitcase table"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
There's a handle on top but when you open the case, the handle comes forward and is not on top anymore.

I believe most people that use this table use it as a "table" when it is opened.

A small bit of latch hardware does end up right at the edge on top that could get in your way a bit. It's easy to get around and not a problem.

I sell the big ones for $300 and the small ones for $270. That includes shipping to a mainland US address.

Outside the US, it might be possible to get them shipped for $330 and $300 but I'm not exactly sure.
You'd have to PM me for info.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
George Kimmery at Chalet Magic from Limestone, TN made my table. I bought it at auction from Becky Blaney ("Zaney" Blaney's daughter) 20 years ago. She had gotten her use out of it after about a dozen years and I have used it in hundreds of shows across the U.S. since then. It's very rugged and would have been worth ten times it's price to me. George also made an "anvil"-type case for the suticase table. It protects the table and wheels and allows me to ship it anywhere. Both are good investments.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I own the suitcase table with the top hat and gloves. It has the gold design. I love it! It's perfect, except you need something to cover the hole where the handle usually sticks out...because when you open it up and store tricks on the little shelf, people can see through. The gold/purple design is pretty much a splattered paint type of thing...looks great. If you're performing card tricks on the table, you don't need one but I would recommend a cloe-up pad, as the design makes the table a bit bumpy. I've spread cards and done tricks on it before and nothing has gone wrong. A great table.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Hi Chance,

Do you have an update on your table? What about price range?

I'm considering Joe Lefler's table, but am very curious about yours.

Thanks.
bnadworn
View Profile
Regular user
Western New York
131 Posts

Profile of bnadworn
For years I have been working out of a variety of different sized suitcases and different tables. Recently I have started to make one out of an old trunk that I had in the garage. I put 4 wheels on one of the sides and use it standing on edge. When open it is still stable. I then made a board that fits the entire inside (about 2 x 3 feet). I remove that board and place it on the opened trunk and I have a table. I plan on covering it with a thick black cloth which will extend in front of the trunk with the word "Magician" written in glittery letters on it. The trunk is 3 feet high and not too heavy. The table top/board can be made so that I can use it as a utility since it is supported on the edges but not in the center. Shelves and dividers of light weight material are being added as well.

One benefit (as mentioned by others) is to be able to set up and break down in a very short period of time. Especially at kids parties where I usually have to do an "escape" once the performance is completed to stop the kids from trying to grab everything in sight. With this set up I can finish a trick and it will go immediately back into its place.

This would be used for most of my shows and parties and allows me to make one trip from the car with everything I need for a show.

- Brian Nadworny
"They say the hand is quicker than the eye but I won't believe it until I see it."
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Well, here is an update on my Wacky Wolf Suitcase Table.
It has been set on the back burner for now. I am battling several issues and have to find alternate materials to achieve maximum strength yet keeping it lighter than others.
All the additional features will increase the price considerably however..I am not trying to compete with the existing tables. This will be a full production custom table giving you a literal stage setting unlike anything else. So, to those who want to really stand out from the pack...it will be well worth the investment.
I will try to have pics ready by the end of Feb 2005. I will be taking orders until I have enough pre-orders to justify a run ( at least 6 units )
Thanks for the interest!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi
I think that they are great to have. I would be lost without my roll-on case.

Ricardo the Magician
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Any ideas about ballpark price range for this?...just wanted to know as this sounds like a really amazing thing...another wolf's magic update letter would be great for those of us who love your stuff and want to plan our budgeting accordingly...i'm wondering about the wizkote machine and whether to wait and the blow yur stack...anything else out there for us to drool over

ps. love my abc gumball machine and chicken sword

Quote:
On 2005-01-05 22:21, Chance Wolf wrote:
Well, here is an update on my Wacky Wolf Suitcase Table.
It has been set on the back burner for now. I am battling several issues and have to find alternate materials to achieve maximum strength yet keeping it lighter than others.
All the additional features will increase the price considerably however..I am not trying to compete with the existing tables. This will be a full production custom table giving you a literal stage setting unlike anything else. So, to those who want to really stand out from the pack...it will be well worth the investment.
I will try to have pics ready by the end of Feb 2005. I will be taking orders until I have enough pre-orders to justify a run ( at least 6 units )
Thanks for the interest!
Chance
joespc
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of joespc
I have the Ten Second Table from David Charvet Studios. It has lots of storage room, and an open top for easy access to your props.
http://hometown.aol.com/dcstudios/tables.html
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Looks good!
Aptaker
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
113 Posts

Profile of Aptaker
The Table I use is home made asnd is very good how ever you can't really store your show in it when it is packed up. It can be found in Mark Wilson's Complete course in magic and holds my props nicely when opened up however it is about 36 inches long 12 inches wide and about 5 inches. It is about the size of four suitcases and is not bulky or heavy due to teh fact that it is made of plywood. It is a great table. It can be easily modified also, I've drilled some holes... attached some hooks... wired some lights etc... It also has instructions on how to make a shelf and black art table top. I'm currently working on 2 more tables. One a large close up table for more intimate close up performances as well as a small suitcase that when oppned would be a full size table to hold props. Regarding where to put your props after the show, I have a small carry on bag that I bulldog clip to the side of my table at tabletop height. Done with an effect... just drop it in the bag. At the end of my show I can zip up the bag and walk off. I can leave my table knowing that theres nothing to find. I go to the car, put the bag in and my assistants (aka mom and dad) pack up the table.
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Aaron
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Hi Chance,

It's March - any pics for us yet Smile

Cheers,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
magiccarpet
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magiccarpet
I made a suitcase table like the photo. If you do not tip it over everything
stays in place. I have rollers on the bottom so I can roll it around.
The only downside is that it can get heavy, but it can set up vary fast.
When you have a lot of kids around you when you are packing up you want to get it done fast. I store the effects I use the most in the table also.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Any update yet on this table, Chance?

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
As someone who always wanted to spend my money on tricks rather than accessories when he was a kid, I cam up with my own "suitcase table."
Bought one of those cheap black storage trunks from K-Mart (still about 20 bucks, I think). The props pack in the case, which I turn on its side and use as a table during the show. I added removable shelves inside and narrow ones inside the lid to hold props, as well as a hook under the "top" to hang load bags. (I'm no carpenter, but so what, the specs never see that part. The props go back on the shelves when I'm done with them, and I don't think anyone questions not being able to see underneath my working surface, because it's a trunk, after all. I added a Magic is a vanishing art" sticker on what became the front, and suppose you could add travel stickers or whatever as well. It looks cool, beat up and well traveled. I thought about adding casters so I could set up and just roll right on, but find I didn't need to. I can carry the whole thing out sideways when I don't have the performance area to myself for a few minutes before the show.
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
I love it because of the Velcro on the outside
Magically yours,
Brent Smith
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I'll be building a suitcase table with me dad sometime soon. I think $250+ is too much money for one of those, I can build one for under a hundred.

Right now I use the following:

Keyboard stand
Suitcase
Clear short, but wide rubbermade container
Small folding table
Foamboard display board for blocking my work prop area.
CD Boombox.

that's six things to carry, but all of my props would fit in a suitcase table with room to go. I would still probably use my suitcase and stand.

I had a magician come to one of my birthday parties with two suitcase tables.
-Matt
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Mcharese, you built your own Cellini table! Congratulations!

Matthew W, did you judge the performer/performance by the number of tables he carried, or the magic he performed?

Steve
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Both.

He had two suitcase tables, but his show was only a half hour. I little amount of time, for the amount of stuff he had.
-Matt
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
I think an open-top "case" or performance table makes much more sense than a case that opens. You can reach down into the case and grab/steal as you replace items without going behind the top of the case. Chalet Magic's Laflin table in the ideal item; expensive but high quality. Duane Laflin's videos/dvds on gospel magic have tremendous ideas for performing, putting a show together, etc, whether you do gospel magic or not; highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone use a "suitcase table"? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL