The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Extreme Burned By New Bills? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
72 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I just picked up Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded....I know, a little late to the party...been around for awhile.
Before I put time into making the gimmick, I want to ask something.

I know it is best to use nice new crisp bills. I have a bundle of new dollar bills and twos.

The new fives, tens, twenties, fifties, and hundreds are of a new design as everyone knows.

I was going to make the change either from ones or twos to one of the higher denominations but I am wondering if the difference in the design colors will act as a tell and ruin the effect.

Has anyone had a problem with this or is it something not to worry about?

Sanders also mentions 3D Cash which is a 3 denomination change but I cannot find it available anywhere. I kind of figured the gimmick is not much different than any of the others....just another denomination

Is a 3 denomination change overkill?.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
224 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I too didn’t like the color difference between the ones and the new $100.00. I use older $100.00 version that are the same color. I try to use newest bills possible because they hold up longer. In my opinions the $1.00 to $100.00 is strongest reaction.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
62 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Hey Andrew, are you looking for Mark Allen's 3D-Cash Magic Trick DVD? There’s one listed on eBay now for $18
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1272 Posts

Profile of imgic
I create some play money based on Monopoly money (see attached). Use linen paper for proper consistency. And create a jig to cut bills out to have consistent sizes.

I scanned real dollar bill to match the color, which, surprisingly looks more yellow on the play money but when edges are aligned, its a match.

This works out as I can easily customize bills for an event to then hand out.

Also found that changing $1 into $100 raises more questions that amazement. While busking, I don't want people wondering why I just don't change small bills into large.

Click here to view attached image.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1975 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Ones to twos is just as effective.
Wait a minute, let me get my kid, he's never seen a two dollar bill.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, imgic wrote:
I create some play money based on Monopoly money (see attached). Use linen paper for proper consistency. And create a jig to cut bills out to have consistent sizes.

I scanned real dollar bill to match the color, which, surprisingly looks more yellow on the play money but when edges are aligned, its a match.

Also found that changing $1 into $100 raises more questions that amazement. While busking, I don't want people wondering why I just don't change small bills into large.

Those look great!
I would buy a set off ya if you sold em:-)
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1272 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2021, AJ MAJIC wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, imgic wrote:

Those look great!
I would buy a set off ya if you sold em:-)

Sent you PM...and now email
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3325 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I don't understand the problem with the color of the new bills.

As long as the edges of the bills are the same color nothing looks amiss. Right?

What ama I missing?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan, USA
279 Posts

Profile of TomB
You can use prop money. They look like 100s.
madmalone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of madmalone
Any ideas about using Euros?? every denomination has a different color and size!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Extreme Burned By New Bills? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL