The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card effects using dice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

effkay
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of effkay
Hi all,

Does anyone have any good effects that use dice? I like dice as a fun accessory that involves the audience. I already use them a bit to create a random card to cut to but it’s not always coherent in the plot.

Any effects would be great!

Thanks
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
MIKO!!!

I love that effect and have for many decades.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2314 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Two of my pieces -- "Major Arcanum" and "Couplet" -- use dice. They can both be found in Calculated Thoughts.
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4022 Posts

Profile of JanForster
"Do you believe in chance?" - see my second Penguin Magic Lecture ("Live Act") ... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ltrblst
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Giobbi in Card College has a very simple routine, "The Mind Mirror", with a small stack, and the spectator can shuffle the pack!
-- Lut
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3576 Posts

Profile of Julie
Try Aldo Colombini's DIE SPELL: "Using a die and four jumbo cards a spectator selects a card among those four. That card is the only one with the words PICK ME on its back (or the name of the spectator, Happy Birthday, your phone number, etc)."

Of course, you don't have to use jumbo cards, poker size is fine.

Julie
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5062 Posts

Profile of landmark
In these kinds of effects use imaginary dice--it clears up a lot of potential problems from the start.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3576 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, landmark wrote:
In these kinds of effects use imaginary dice--it clears up a lot of potential problems from the start.

Another point of view is by implementing a physical die/dice you have added a red herring to the mix that may further confound onlookers as to any mathematical solution to your mystery.

Julie
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
Doug Conn offers three effects using dice and cards; Coincidice, Fourtunate and Random Specificity on his DVD and download Pinky Swear . The download can be found at https://connjure.com.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1128 Posts

Profile of mlippo
If you don't have it already, I would recommend you Roberto Giobbi's book Sharing Secrets.

Not only you will find a trick with cards and dice (on page 91), but 52 chapters on magic theory (which is, obviously the real scope of purchasing that book).

Mark
Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2021, JanForster wrote:
"Do you believe in chance?" - see my second Penguin Magic Lecture ("Live Act") ... Smile ... Jan

This is a brilliant effect. Uses a couple of really ingenious principles, which could be applied in other situations too.

You would need to buy some special dice - but it would be a good investment.
gregg webb
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Eddie Joseph had a nice one. Check him out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card effects using dice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL