The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic With False Teeth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fishsticks
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
70 Posts

Profile of Fishsticks
My grandmother died several years ago and some of her stuff has been in our attic a long time. We were cleaning it out last weekend and I found her old false teeth and I thought, This could be use in a magic trick!

What could I do with them? Any ideas?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
That has got to be one of the funniest questions I've heard in a long time!

Bill Cosby used to tell a joke about how a grandfather used to take his teeth out for his grandkid as a magic trick and the kid asked if he could do it with his nose.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You could do the classic perpetual dentures from the mouth each time dropping the produced set into a giant Polident filled tub.Smile
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Ddie fechter used to produce a set of false teeth at the end of his sponge ball routine (see "Lou Gallo, Underground Man", by Kaufman). He concluded with a funny line...don't worry if you break them...I have a friend who works at the morgue. I know, it doesn't read so funny, but it always got lots of laughs!

Mike
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
That remind me of a joke I used when performing Professor's Nightmare for about 200 people in a competition: "Did you know, if you were to stretch me small intestine from here(Melbourne) to Sydney(somewhere else), [pause]I'd be dead?[Pause for laughs to nearly subside] It's true!"
99% laughed like anything!

As for the false teeth, I can't think of much other than an appearance (chance for comedy there), disappearance (as above) etc.

I'm not really a comedy magician, I just like people to laugh as I perform on the odd occasion. But NEVER offend, despite the opportunities you get with ESP (Entertaining Silly People).
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The obvious would be to add them to the razor blade string or the paper stream. Of course palm 'til you produce. I wouldn't put them in the mouth...hahaha.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Rig 'em up to do SKULLOCATION card trick.

I think producing them as a final load under a bowl is great... I gotta go find the set we have in storage... (was saving 'em in case I had my teeth pulled).

Can you imagine what a nuisance that must be? ARgh...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Go to magicvideodepot.com
Check out my tribute to Mickey Silver called SILVER SNACK and you will see false teeth in use.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Not to take anything away from Seabrooke's great routine, but...

Have a card selected (F****). Use a set of Buddha Money Papers. Wrap the whole thing up in a Glorpy hankerchief. Add the real, or motor-wound, "choppers." Let them go to work and reveal that they have "chewed out" the identity of the card!

Regards,

Paul (remember to floss) Green
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
Just a quick joke about false teeth.

I was traveling on a plane and I noticed that an elderly man sitting next to me wasn't eating his meal. In reply to my query he explained that he'd forgotten his false teeth. To that, this other neighbour piped up, 'Don't worry, I've got a set in my pocket.'
To cut a long story short (while typing it not when saying it), he gave him 5-6 sets of teeth to try out until he found one that fit. After the meal the elderly man asked him, 'How come you have all them sets of teeth, are you a dentist?'

'No,' he replied, 'an undertaker!'
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
That's a good one, meilechl. My wife's a dental hygienist and she chuckled when I told her. That's a good indication it must be really funny to real people. She's my harshest critic. Smile

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
If you affixed them to some sort of framework you could load them into your hat. Now dip your hand into the hat and remove it with teeth clamped onto the fingers!!

Tom
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Some people hear music through their fillings. Perhaps you could hear the name of a chosen card.

Dog-gone-it...I forgot that false teeth don't have fillings. Maybe you could add some with a silver paint pen. Then you could say that the owner of the teeth had such bad teeth, even their false teeth had fillings. Or do a haunted dentures effect where you place the teeth on someone's palm and they can feel a slight movement (a signal from poor old Uncle Harry from the great beyond) when the correct card is named. You would just need a simple arrangement using something that rhymes with invincable bread. Perhaps you could work something out using the X effect as described by Knepper. Just holding Uncle Harry's teeth allows a participant to pick up on his vibes and know the chosen card, etc. There are a couple of ways to shoot a small stream of water. You hold the teeth in a handkerchief and talk about how the reason you are doing this is because Uncle Harry always liked to get a mouthful of water and spit water out between his two front teeth and see how far he could make it go. As you say this, let loose with the fine stream of water. Your audience will feel it and instantly make the connection.
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
How about repeat false teeth to pocket and finish off with a production of jumbo teeth.

Multiplying teeth (manipulation style)

A classic pick a tooth effect!

Zombie with teeth instead of ball.

Split fan productions of teeth by the backpalm.

Hope these ideas help.
If you need more, I will post more later! Smile

Thanks

kukram
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic With False Teeth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL