The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 shell game working surface preference (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
396 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I am starting to learn the 3 shell game. I've noticed a few closeup pads don't offer enough padding. what I mean is that there is a very noticeable jump w the shell in placing or removing the perfect pea. with some pads the little extra padding in the matt lessens this jump of the shell a lot.

my question is, is there a close up pad you prefer over others? or maybe I'm doing something wrong and just need some advice.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1971 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I use a bathroom rug from walmart.... best close up mat ive ever used...specially for the shells...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2774 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The pea being used could add to the jump if it's solid.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
347 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
The closeup mats that I highly recommend are Pattrick's Magical mats. https://www.pattricksmagic.com/magical-mats
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
The only downside to Pattrick's mats are the way he folds them for shipping, and the creases that result from that folding.
On my mat from Pattrick, those creases are still there two months later ... with no real assurance that they'll ever come out.

The mats should be rolled loosely, and placed in an appropriately sized cardboard tube for shipping.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
347 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Mr. Bones,

You should talk to Pattrick. He is a great guy. I have bought many mats from him without any problems.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
223 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Hey Mr Bones, I am sorry you had difficulty with one of our mats.
Here is what I know, We NEVER fold our mats during shipping. I always try to ship flat, except when the mat is really long.
I would like to address that with thicker foam layers there is a tendency for mats to crease., and all mats when rolled should be rolled with the fabric side out.
Even then there is a chance for creases.
I am currently making a video for anyone to be able to remove wrinkles from mats, no matter where you buy them.
The thinner the mat the easier it is to roll properly.
All you newer magicians heck out our Matts with the folding option, problem solved !!!
So Mr. Bones I encourage you to write me info@pattsmatts.com or call me 419-297-3037 and I will be happy to rectify your mat issue with a repair or replacement.
Thank you very much for your comments. It's better than being mad and not saying anything.Magically Yours, Pattrick Przysiecki
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 shell game working surface preference (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL