The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
PaulW
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulW
I have to say I am disappointed with this purchase. The video is 1 hour 21 minutes and contains not one live performance.

Having never see this effect performed I found the instructions had to follow, I might have to watch it several times over to fully understand what is going on.

Pity but I feel it was over hyped.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
That’s odd that of the hour and 21 not a live performance. Which is strange as even the mini teaser of the girl freaking out, that effect was the zodiac performance so it had to have all been filmed. So yes I guess that one alone could have got included.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, PaulW wrote:
I have to say I am disappointed with this purchase. The video is 1 hour 21 minutes and contains not one live performance.

Having never see this effect performed I found the instructions had to follow, I might have to watch it several times over to fully understand what is going on.

Pity but I feel it was over hyped.

Before buying you should have known that the purchase is without any performances. It clearly states that in the fb group which is why we had early access to it. This Friday is the official release which will have performances. If you’re having any issue setting up your routines or with the way the methods work, I’d recommend reaching out to Lloyd or post any issues you may be experiencing in the fb group. There are tons of people who are willing to help get you sorted out.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2374 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
2 video reactions to Cognito:

1) Chaos Reveal from Phone

2) Chaos Peek with physical cards, where the card turns over in her hands without me touching the cards

Chaos Reveal

Here is the link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uuHhVrNq36I

Chaos Peek with Physical Cards, where card flipping over in her hands without me touching the cards

Here is the link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mvxlHiH_Zno

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1980 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Not taking anything away from this app but isn't this just an app version of Paul Carnazzo's telepathy cards/Kioku by Outlaw Effects/The Big Revelation by Wayne Dobson? Curious if these sources are credited?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2374 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So what exactly is Cognito and what are you getting?

Well we all know Cognito is an app created by Lloyd Barnes/Owen Garfield and developed by Joshua Riley

I am not sure how much I can say now, since the app was early released without a trailer last Friday 15th, but it will be released on the 22nd.

I already uploaded two reaction videos to it, so the app works.

It was relatively inexpensive, like 30 bucks around there, and the cool part about it is that this app is going to grow into a beast, because later on many people’s ideas and routines will be shared.

I have had about 10 people contact me about an effect I combined with Cognito where the card flips over in the girls hands without me touching the cards.

I have not revealed the secret yet, I will, it’s not hard to do, and out of the 10 people, that had all bought the app, only 2 told me that they didn’t like it.

That is a pretty good track record 8 good, 2 not so good.

To say the method is transparent is not true, unless you go out and try it and build an engaging presentation around it.

Cognito is a tool, what you do with it is up to you, and I am sure those that have it can vouch for how it lets your creativity run wild, there is so much you can do with it.

Anyway, it’s not a new idea, the principle is old, but the way in which it is presented I think is new. I thought the method at first was also transparent, but we already know the secrets, don’t look at it through the eyes of a magician/mentalist, look at it through the eyes of a laymen, and build a good solid presentation for it, and people will not question anything about the app or phone.

For the price you can’t go wrong, be honest how many times have you spent at least 30 bucks or hundreds of dollars, and the trick is either at the bottom of the drawer, or sold to someone else.

I’m sure once you all go out and perform it for those that have it, you will get the reactions I received from it, from the videos I posted.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4496 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It hits the top 5 list for best apps for me. I did this at a magic lecture just this past weekend while people were jamming and a fellow magician was fooled, liked the effect, bought it, and likes the app. It's one of the best deals I've gotten in the past few years. All while being super easy to use. The main effect I can tell I could put it down for a long time and pick it back up again without thinking, that's how easy the method is.

I understand Gaz is having issues with things being on facebook groups but that is the nature of the beast when you are dealing with apps and the developer letting the community know it's updates in real time which has already happened. People like Benke Smith, Michael Eaton, etc, are coming in with new ideas and suggesting features. It is worth it to join up as while the main effect stands, why limit yourself? Yes, the main effect does stand alone and my spectators were talking about it well after the trick was over so do what you will Smile
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1662 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Okay… here’s the truth about the app.

https://www.magicreview.org/post/cognito-app-review

That’s probably the most in depth review you’ll ever see on an app.

Madison
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1163 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I purchased Cognito this morning. OMG, there are SO many outstanding ideas being floated in the Facebook Group! Including new ideas on input methods and peeks. Benke is already working on a way to use PeekSmith for the peek.

FABULOUS app!!!

Mark
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2901 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks for the review madison

anyone has a review specifically Peekless Peek (Horoscope)?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4496 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, lunatik wrote:
Thanks for the review madison

anyone has a review specifically Peekless Peek (Horoscope)?

I haven’t done it but it is a fantastic idea to naturally know what their star sign is with no electronic peek, you don’t even need to get the phone back. I believe it is a Michael Murray idea from what I remember and it is great! Maybe a small bit of memorizing, nothing hard but depending on what the spectator does you will know what the star sign is.

Unfortunately from where I see it, this is a little incomplete as Lloyd says in the instructions you have to create the “asset” yourself. So probably come up with your own instructions/pages at the end. Which hopefully someone will create and share in the Facebook group cause I’m not that kind of guy to create that. So it’s an idea in which I wish was fully included.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
So is this primarily performed with the performers phone?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1662 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, Blindside785 wrote:
Unfortunately from where I see it, this is a little incomplete as Lloyd says in the instructions you have to create the “asset” yourself. So probably come up with your own instructions/pages at the end. Which hopefully someone will create and share in the Facebook group cause I’m not that kind of guy to create that. So it’s an idea in which I wish was fully included.

This information is incorrect. The peekless peek is a full routine that comes pre-loaded in the app.

Madison
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4496 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:

This information is incorrect. The peekless peek is a full routine that comes pre-loaded in the app.

Madison

I stand corrected, the instructions state otherwise. Good to know!

Thought it still looks like you need to make your own END slides, am I wrong here as well?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1662 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
Thought it still looks like you need to make your own END slides, am I wrong here as well?

Nope! Everything is pre-made and ready to perform “right out of the box.”

The peekless peek has two methods. One that is a Michael Murray contribution and one that is a Lloyd Barnes contribution. Lloyd’s version is the one included in the app, and it is actually more practical than the method suggested by Murray. I believe that’s the cause of the confusion.

Madison
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, cardlover wrote:
So is this primarily performed with the performers phone?

No. Your own.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of rasp
Pegasus' answer is incorrect. This has to be used on the performer's phone, not the participant's phone.

Unless Pegasus read the question incorrectly and that is what he meant when referring to 'No. Your own'.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes I think he thought the question meant their phone
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4131 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, MadisonH wrote:
Okay… here’s the truth about the app.

https://www.magicreview.org/post/cognito-app-review

That’s probably the most in depth review you’ll ever see on an app.

Madison

Thanks a lot, that is a great review! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, rasp wrote:
Pegasus' answer is incorrect. This has to be used on the performer's phone, not the participant's phone.

Unless Pegasus read the question incorrectly and that is what he meant when referring to 'No. Your own'.

Yes. Sorry. I meant. Yes, your own. Lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL