The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..18~19~20 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have android and searched cognito magic and it's there as a free download,so I'm guessing you then purchase a license within the app.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, Steve Haynes wrote:
I have android and searched cognito magic and it's there as a free download,so I'm guessing you then purchase a license within the app.

Hey Steve,

You need to purchase the license from an online magic dealer. Such as https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new......ructions

If you've already registered in the app, it won't work. You need to log out. Activate your license after purchase and then log back in Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,

I have no affiliation to this app, but know that if you purchase, the ideas that are forthcoming from other members will be massive.

Plus Michael Murray is going to share all his ideas as well, plus Christian Grace.

I think that for the amount of money the app costs, you cant go wrong.

This is going to completely transform this app into something else entirely.

Reminds me of Michael Murray/Manos/Rasp trick, where you purchased the book, but then Michael was always adding ideas, as was Manos, and it completely changed it from the original.

Same holds true for this app. I cant wait for all the other possibilities one can perform and do with this app.

Just my thoughts, that you cant go wrong purchasing this app, and you have nothing to lose. You will find something you will like, once the outpour of routines and ideas start to flow.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
As I’ve said before, this will probably be a candidate for trick of the year. It’s that good. Wait until the official release date Friday. ( actually Thursday from a post made by Lloyd on fb ) people are about to find out why there’s so much hype behind this product. As of right now it’s in my top 5 favorites for app magic. You will use this and blow your specs away.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1194 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I installed Cognito on my iPad too. It mostly works great, but some of the settings options get truncated on the iPad (for some weird reason). Still, it is completely useable on the iPad and it makes it easier for the spectator to see all of the playing cards (or whatever).

Mark
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
62 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Help me please! I bought this days ago from MJM, joined Facebook reluctantly. I have the COGNITO App on my iPad. The problem is that I tried to join the group but for days it says * Your Membership is Pending* so I haven’t seen jack!. Do I need do something in the app settings? It says to click to copy peeking url and another says click to copy app/peek/story. When I click these, it simply goes to my clipboard. When I click *Perform* it takes me to a page of options for selecting a routine to perform. That also doesn’t do anything. What am I missing?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1194 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The first thing you should do is go to the link that Murphy’s supplied, enter the password, and watch the tutorial. You should have received an email from Murphy’s at the email address you used to purchase and activate the app. Watch the tutorial. The Facebook group is the icing on the cake.

Frankly, it sounds like you downloaded the app but didn’t activate it yet.

Mark
gtesoro
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of gtesoro
Sent you a PM @slightlytipsymagic
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Oh ok - thanks. But what is the logic or justification for going through photos/process to get a yes no answer to then just show them the thought of card at the end?

I think this is where the fun of being creative comes in. A great way that was shared is you can say let’s see how fast you can spot your card. Obviously if they spot it then you know it’s a yes. Your time them. That said so far from my experience no one has ever questioned it. So if that is a worry I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s almost like why do we have them write something down and stick it in a wallet. Makes no sense when you think about it. I think that a fact Of you revealing what they were simply thinking of completely covers up how are you got there. That’s just from me doing it a few hundred times.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Writing something down makes absolute complete sense. So that they can show others, so they can’t change their mind after they have committed their thought to memory.
So they can’t deliberately screw the effect up etc so you want them to show others. To isolate their thought the list goes on, all completely justified from my years of experience imho Gaz 😊 This reminds me of one of those phone effects where you say pick a card and it’s the only one missing. I realise this is better but the fact every kid or anyone with a smart phone knows that one so they will get the phone is the method it’s as simple as that imo
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1897 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Downloaded the app, definately not "App of the decade" for me. It's a nice modern twist on a old classic but it doesn't excite me... Maybe custom presets will bring more fun to the table but I really think marketink overhyped this app.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good app, a good trick but by playing with it a few days, it's not something I can see myself using. Maybe the Facebook group will bring more interesting ideas and convince me more.
Get yourself Stamper, the perfect walkaround packet trick: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
The effects can be dressed up in any way to make it creative which is fine, but it still leads back to logic and justification why they/you are swiping through the photos to get a yes or no. If it can be justified logically enough eg using the premise of how quick can they see the card etc, then yes it may fly as you are justifying the reasons for having to go through the photos. Also just because people are polite and don’t call things out at the time, doesn’t mean to say they don’t think it and talk about it after.

There are only a few effects eg the drawing doodles etc I guess you could use the logic of how quick can you see your choice etc, but to simply be swiping through and asking if they see it yes or no, or instructing them that if it’s a yes hold the phone to your chest and think about a memory etc I just don’t think personally it’s layered or hidden enough as a method UNLESS just justification on each photo to know is logic enough and makes sense that will arouse suspicion.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Going back to logic or justification I don’t understand where the logic or justification is to even dream up an app that in the current market is about 5 years behind in terms of a layman’s brain and about 15 years of a magician.
The good thing about this thread it’s made me realise how good Powerball 60 is again Gaz 😊
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1462 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, Alex DLF wrote:
Downloaded the app, definately not "App of the decade" for me. It's a nice modern twist on a old classic but it doesn't excite me... Maybe custom presets will bring more fun to the table but I really think marketink overhyped this app.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good app, a good trick but by playing with it a few days, it's not something I can see myself using. Maybe the Facebook group will bring more interesting ideas and convince me more.

Christian Grace has come up with an absolute belter of an idea with it and Michael Murray is at the moment making a video of some of his ideas which if it is anything like his usuall brilliance will make this app worth having.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1194 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Benke Smith is quite excited about Cognito and is working on routines of his own (which he is sharing in the Facebook group). He's already got PeekSmith working with the app so the magician can get his peek without looking at the phone or tablet. There is discussion of possibly allowing yes/no inputs to be made via a remote. If both of those things happen (PeekSmith and remote input), the magician wouldn't even need to touch the phone or tablet. The spectator would do all of the swiping between screens.

Mark
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Benke Smith is quite excited about Cognito and is working on routines of his own (which he is sharing in the Facebook group). He's already got PeekSmith working with the app so the magician can get his peek without looking at the phone or tablet. There is discussion of possibly allowing yes/no inputs to be made via a remote. If both of those things happen (PeekSmith and remote input), the magician wouldn't even need to touch the phone or tablet. The spectator would do all of the swiping between screens.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for commenting. I just want to make something clear to anyone reading the thread. Aside from one input (which is mainly for when the magician performs it on themselves as in the explanations), the spectators do everything. The magician shouldn't be handling the phone other than to hand to it to them. It's one of the beautiful features of Cognito.

But also yes! Benke combing this with PeekSmith etc. is brilliant and if enough people want BT Remote integration, we can make that happen.

Lloyd Smile

P.s. Has anyone else seen the new Snaps by David Jonathon preset that James Buchanan Cowan has created. Absolutely WILD.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Elite user
UK
405 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Is this likely to an app in the Inject 2.0 mould i.e. a constant battle to get features to work in light of Google updates and changes, with limited support from app creators unless you’re on Apple? Lloyd seems like a top bloke so I doubt it, but just wondered if this is self-contained and not dependent on a largely uncontrollable external ecosystem.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Is this likely to an app in the Inject 2.0 mould i.e. a constant battle to get features to work in light of Google updates and changes, with limited support from app creators unless you’re on Apple? Lloyd seems like a top bloke so I doubt it, but just wondered if this is self-contained and not dependent on a largely uncontrollable external ecosystem.

Thanks man! I appreciate the good words. This isn't relying on Google or things as such. So we're able to stay up to date with no issues. If you check the Facebook group too, the developer Joshua Riley, has pushed out more updates than I can count in just the first week alone and has a reputation for always keeping his work up to date Smile
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Here's another unpaid or affiliated, independent review:

Also, due to overwhelming demand, the launch has been pulled forward to today so that dealer will have all of Friday too to handle the extra volume of sales. This mean that the full trailer including a full uncut performance will go live today. Noon California // 8pm Ldonon // 6am Sydney

Catch the premier here:

If you'd like to see and import the brand new ideas and presets shared by Christian Grace, Angelo Carbone, Michael Murray and many, many more. Please visit the Cognito Facebook Group // Cognito Facebook Group

And lastly, the team over at Vanishing Inc have decided to curate Cognito for their store and is available now:

Cognito Available at Vanishing Inc
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/mentalism/cognito-app/

Cheers,
Lloyd
tomd
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of tomd
It’s a good app for the price. I stopped using “powerball 60” years ago as it wasn’t something I could easily fit into my small wallet, so I basically had to carry it around separately if I wanted to perform it, then I lost on of the tickets and I gave up. So it’s nice that a modernised version of this principle has come out that’s going to be with me wherever I go.

On the other hand, I’m not really on the hype train like others (yet). A lot of people have put their routines into the group and the app itself comes with quite a few, but to be honest the majority of them can already be done better by either another app or method. For example; there’s a routine on the app that allows for you to peek a date that someone is thinking of, and while the premise is relatively cool, off the top of my head i’d use Ithump over this for peeking a date.… Or you could use one of many classical methods for obtaining that information. I’ve noticed that there’s been a really big emphasis on not having to “type, write, click or zoom into anything” on this app, which is technically true. But I hardly think that’s all that important if there is a good motivation for doing any of those things. I have a really good motivation for a spectator to type a date into a calculator, and as a result it’s just far more effective than having them scroll through 9 photos to get to the same result.

There’s also a routine for divining a star sign, and yes the idea and input method are cool… but there are better, quicker, and in my opinion “more pure” methods for obtaining a star sign secretly. I think the method used in Xeno lite is more efficient, or if you want to go prop less, anything Peter Turner. There’s a Marvel Movie routine and a state routine, but neither of those interest me so I’ve not even played with them.

There are a couple of routines that involve playing cards, and surprisingly they are my favourite. Normally I’d say that using an app with this much potential on playing cards is a cop out (and that’s probably still sort of true), but I have to say that the 52 cards hides the method much better than some of the other routines I’ve seen with far less options, and the reveal is really cool. Like, it took me by surprise, the reveal is reallll nice.

As mentioned above, Christian Grace has gone above and beyond when it comes to motivation with this app, and has shared his routine on the FB group. Hands down the best routine I’ve seen yet, but with a massive caveat… it requires a gimmicked deck, and a table. The best part about magic apps in my opinion is the convenience that comes with it, so while I love the routine I won’t use it. I don’t have any interest in carrying around that particular gimmicked deck. But it does give me hope for the future, because this app does have a lot of potential that “Powerball 60” couldn’t possibly muster.

So yeah, the vast majority of my hope with this app is with “what it could be”, rather than what it is now. On my phone (iPhone 8 plus) there are a lot bugs to sort out, but it’s not even officially released yet so that’s expected.

I’ll sum up my thoughts in a TLDR fashion: Great price point, useful and clever modernisation of an old principle, very customisable…. But I’m not sure whether it’s actually for me. Do I want to go through the process of attempting to motivate/justify a relatively long winded process of flicking through photos when I could just say “hey write this down”? I think the answer totally depends on the routine. But if the routine only requires a method for peeking information, I don’t think I’d use this app. Im far more interested in the reveal that sneaks up on you, I really like that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL