The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2021, Magic__Ian wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2021, muffin wrote:
The group is for the app, not the beta testers.


Gotcha, so it is marketing then. Thanks.


Oh no, not marketing! Heaven forbid!

You doing okay over there, man? Need any help?
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Whatever you do, don't watch sport. Little spoiler for you...there's lots of marketing on the shirts, equipment and around the venue. They are secretly trying to get you to buy something. It might even be an app! Steer well clear adphobics. You're welcome.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2901 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, dyoung wrote:
Lunatik - but they could be faced with some marketing... like 2 for 1 offers... or a poster for something?! What would they do now?! Its probably best if they don't leave their basement.



My oh My!! At least they'll keep GrubHub in business
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
For now I only hope that Murphys and L. Barnes will maintain the app.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
It seems only friends and family were chosen for Beta Testing.
Even A.M who is a friend of the developer. Come on guys.
Has any “normal user“ been selected?
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
It seems only friends and family were chosen for Beta Testing.
Even A.M who is a friend of the developer. Come on guys.
Has any “normal user“ been selected?


This is wholly untrue. Some BETA testers were known to us but the majority, although you may know them, we did not. For example, Michael Murray. I may have spoken to him twice in my entire life before hand but I knew that he is someone with great experience, especially with mentalism apps. So when he applied to be a tester, the same way as everyone else, he was selected and his input has been invaluable.

In fact, to be entirely accurate; 7 of the BETA testers chosen, I've never even crossed paths with. Period. I can also assure you that none of my family were chosen either.

Please check your facts in future.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Also, wouldn't you WANT Murray to be a beta tester? That man is a beast for coming up with great ideas for everything!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Murray is a gold nugget I agree.

So far I have only seen people who have already sold products through Murphys themselves or who are friends of friends (Miclea ~ Riley).

Michael Murray is great. It wasn't about that.
It was about the 700 people in the group who raised unnecessary hopes.

Maybe we will get to know the other beta testers with more quotes and videos soon.

FB groups are apparently the new presale.
I'm curious to see what will come out in the end.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I contacted Lloyd. After vetting a few things about me he was gracious enough to let me have a look (I had also mentioned my previous testing experience from other developers who had trusted me).

It's a great app. You'll enjoy it. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Good news Nathan. I’m glad they chose you. A wise choice along with Michael. Obviously had I joined the Facebook group I would’ve been chosen too but I prefer to give others, of a similar stature, a chance.
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Cognito has now been (pre-)released - can be purchased blind, i.e.: without any further information, from most magic shops. Main release, which will include a trailer and an informative product description, will follow on the 22nd.

Reviews on the Facebook group are overwhelmingly glowing.

If you do consider purchasing, it seems some magic shops (notably Penguin) are having problems getting the instructions / relevant links to people, so may be worth waiting or opting for another store.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
For the record, there have been NO PROBLEMS with customers purchasing and receiving there license key at MJM Magic: https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/cognito-a......441.html
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
I don’t really care if it’s bad marketing or great marketing in a sneeky fashion. I just want to know if it’s good. Nothing else. And I don’t know that yet.
But I can say that in over 40 years in professional magic I have never had a better reaction than the lady in the clip. I’m just not sure what that tells me but I’m assuming the magician:
1) got it right
and
2) it was written on a certain part of his body

And If that’s true… I’m still IN!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, bobser wrote:
I don’t really care if it’s bad marketing or great marketing in a sneeky fashion. I just want to know if it’s good. Nothing else. And I don’t know that yet.
But I can say that in over 40 years in professional magic I have never had a better reaction than the lady in the clip. I’m just not sure what that tells me but I’m assuming the magician:
1) got it right
and
2) it was written on a certain part of his body

And If that’s true… I’m still IN!!!


The issue with that clip is you have no way of knowing if it was actually cognito being performed or if its even a real performance.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I have it. It’s ok but I still need convincing that the method isn’t too transparent.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, David Klass wrote:
I have it. It’s ok but I still need convincing that the method isn’t too transparent.


Very interesting. And that’s why you should not be in a hurry to purchase.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, David Klass wrote:
I have it. It’s ok but I still need convincing that the method isn’t too transparent.


I agree. For me its far too much procedure that doesn't make much sense. There are much better methods with and without apps.
Stefan_Wonder
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Stefan_Wonder
Reading some comments, it really looks very good! Probably going to buy it, only thing that is holding me back is some comments on problems with the Android version and some parts of it doesn't look good to me (based on the demo in the app).
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, Stefan_Wonder wrote:
Reading some comments, it really looks very good! Probably going to buy it, only thing that is holding me back is some comments on problems with the Android version and some parts of it doesn't look good to me (based on the demo in the app).


There’s always problems with Android devices. I take my hat off to any magician with an Android phone. It must be an absolute nightmare.
Stefan_Wonder
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Stefan_Wonder
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, Stefan_Wonder wrote:
Reading some comments, it really looks very good! Probably going to buy it, only thing that is holding me back is some comments on problems with the Android version and some parts of it doesn't look good to me (based on the demo in the app).


There’s always problems with Android devices. I take my hat off to any magician with an Android phone. It must be an absolute nightmare.

O yeah, definitely. Have to say I applaud the makers for even making an Android version! It's a pain in the ... with all those different phones out there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL