The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18~19~20 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No problems here with my iPhone Smile
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, psychod wrote:
Okay, really stupid question but here goes: I just purchased the app from Vanishing Inc. Downloaded the app and registered it and got the okay from Murphys that it was registered. When I try to log on I keep getting the message "Alert-There has been an error logging in!" I have checked both my e-mail as well as my password several times but I keep getting the same message. I also checked to make sure that I gave Murphys the correct e-mail address and password. If anyone has any idea as to what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate the advice. I had thought I was fairly computer literate but I guess not!

Dave

There are technical issues with our server at the moment, we're hoping for it to be fixed when the I.T Department start work at 9am California time.

Apologies for this outage.

Joshua Riley
Developer of Cognito
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
354 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, Pixelated wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Anyone know how to import on the Android version of the app? Files shared on the Fbook group are unopenable or not detected by the app. A few other Android users are reporting the same issue. Frustrating as there's genuine gold being shared.

I found that if you click 'files' at the top of the group, and download the files from there, they work. Trying to do it from the posts didn't work for me.

Are you on Android too? Clicking the files section doesn't work either for me. Any other Android users experiencing this?
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
92 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2021, pegasus wrote:
No problems here with my iPhone Smile

How nice for you.
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'll mention here that login issues with the app should be fixed now, you should be able to log back into the app if you were previously having issues Smile

Joshua Riley,
Developer of Cognito
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2017 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Took the plunge and was worth the money.

Peekless peek all the way ✅
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2901 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have the registration code, but can't find a place to enter it in the app. I have 2 options on the home screen, Demo and Settings. I’ve also have registered my email and password in the app. I'm probably blind
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have just bought this and the link takes me to Murphy's and the Cognito image but nothing seems to happen. I am using Android. If anyone could enlighten me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Neil
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of NeilS
All sorted.

I would also like to mention how responsive and helpful Saturn Magic have been. Excellent service, as always.

Neil
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
354 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Still unable to get files I've downloaded to appear in my Cognito Library via the Import function. As per with magic apps, it seems like there's not much support for Android users despite a fair few of us (not all) experiencing similar issues. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come: another IoS-first app with Android support/functionality an afterthought.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quite rightly Android users should be seen as an afterthought imho.
Security is rubbish, easily copied and too many platforms to mess about with.
Just buy a second iPhone for magic apps if you want the best of the best with the best future continued support.
One name should spell it out to you Marc Kerstein! Enough said Gaz 😊
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Quite rightly Android users should be seen as an afterthought imho.
Security is rubbish, easily copied and too many platforms to mess about with.
Just buy a second iPhone for magic apps if you want the best of the best with the best future continued support.
One name should spell it out to you Marc Kerstein! Enough said Gaz 😊

Total agreement. Any serious magician would own an iPhone.
Stefan_Wonder
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Stefan_Wonder
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Still unable to get files I've downloaded to appear in my Cognito Library via the Import function. As per with magic apps, it seems like there's not much support for Android users despite a fair few of us (not all) experiencing similar issues. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come: another IoS-first app with Android support/functionality an afterthought.

This has nothing to do with the Cognito app, but is a problem with the Android Facebook app. Unless you really have another problem, maybe another file browser could help you out.

Quote:
ANDROID PHONE USERS (SAMSUNG, ONEPLUS, XIAOMI, PIXEL ETC)

I still see a lot of people having issues with importing .cognito files. They can't locate the files on there phone after downloading it from the Facebook group.

This isn't a problem with Cognito, but with the Facebook app. Follow one of the options below:

Option 1: Download the file from the Files page at the top of the group. You can't search here, but recent files are at the top.

Option 2: Go to Facebook in your phones browser and download it from the posts.
You could copy the link from the post in the app (3 Dots at the top right of the post > Copy Link) and paste it in your browser.

Option 3: Download the file on your computer and send or (automatically) sync it to your phone, for example with Google Drive or Dropbox.

****ting on Android hasn't helped anyone.

I had some doubts on the Android app in the first place, but it works perfectly fine for me.
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
Little workaround: Open Facebook with your Chrome Browser and download the files. They will appear now in the download folder.
nbuzza
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of nbuzza
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2021, magictechy007 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2021, alchemy92 wrote:
Man, thank you so much Lloyd for this super weapon!! It's awesome and Michael's work is brilliant on this as well!! Can we get support for Notifier 2 from illumti magic as well, this would rock!! I have there RFID reader and want to combine Cognito and RFID so I have two different methods

I would love this as well - but I would prefer native integration so I don't need to run both Apps. Is it possible that Cognito could send messages directly to Notifier 2?

Hi Guys,

We have Cognito integration available already in Unifi and Notifier - you just need to use the Web Polling Option in Unifi and copy and paste the URL from the Cognito App. I will post a quick tutorial on the integration shortly.
Nathan Buzza

Illuminati Magic
www.illuminati-magic.com
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
354 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2021, Stefan_Wonder wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:

This has nothing to do with the Cognito app, but is a problem with the Android Facebook app. Unless you really have another problem, maybe another file browser could help you out.

Quote:
ANDROID PHONE USERS (SAMSUNG, ONEPLUS, XIAOMI, PIXEL ETC)

I still see a lot of people having issues with importing .cognito files. They can't locate the files on there phone after downloading it from the Facebook group.

This isn't a problem with Cognito, but with the Facebook app. Follow one of the options below:

Option 1: Download the file from the Files page at the top of the group. You can't search here, but recent files are at the top.

Option 2: Go to Facebook in your phones browser and download it from the posts.
You could copy the link from the post in the app (3 Dots at the top right of the post > Copy Link) and paste it in your browser.

Option 3: Download the file on your computer and send or (automatically) sync it to your phone, for example with Google Drive or Dropbox.

****ting on Android hasn't helped anyone.

I had some doubts on the Android app in the first place, but it works perfectly fine for me.

Thanks for the workaround ideas. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and the Samsung browser and not had any luck. And that's through the Facebook website, not app. From what I've seen on the Fbook group, it's an issue affecting a small number of Android phones, so guess I'm just unlucky. Happy to wait until it's sorted with they've said they're working on.

As for the blanket 'serious magicians only use IoS b/s'...it's hard to know where to start. Based on quite the assumption - any 'serious magicians' out there willing to admit using Android? Regardless, there are a million reasons why
serious human beings won't touch Apple with a bargepole.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I can see why people only make apps for ios and I'm happy a lot of them are only made on ios. But if someone makes an android version it should work correctly.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
315 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I like the app and it’s potentials. One problem for me though. When I try and open the peek link on my Apple Watch, I get a message saying I can’t open that page, only on an iPhone. It is an older watch, and my OS is 4.3.2. Anyone else experiencing that issue? Is there a workaround or alternative? Thanks!
LankyHobo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2021, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
I like the app and it’s potentials. One problem for me though. When I try and open the peek link on my Apple Watch, I get a message saying I can’t open that page, only on an iPhone. It is an older watch, and my OS is 4.3.2. Anyone else experiencing that issue? Is there a workaround or alternative? Thanks!

If you have series 1 or 2 it won't work as it doesn't have a browser function.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of NeilS
When it comes to instruction, I much prefer reading and studying the printed word. This way I can read when I want to, pause, go over the material and if need be make notes.

I was really delighted to see that a pdf giving instructions has just been released. This makes like so much easier (for me, at any rate) and have just printed out the document.

Thanks guys.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL