The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2999 Posts

Profile of 252life
And Let’s Go Bran....err::.Facebook Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2308 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Benke Smith just shared his latest project for Cognito. Integration with TimeSmith! Absolutely brilliant!

Mark

Yay!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1242 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here’s my performance of ACAAN following lecturing at the Glasgow Magic Circle last night - https://youtu.be/I16kieqVIek
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here’s my performance of ACAAN following lecturing at the Glasgow Magic Circle last night - https://youtu.be/I16kieqVIek

Nicely done!
bernardo_jas
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bernardo_jas
Unfortunately I have some reluctance to buy this app. There are apps that seem to be really good, but this one, I don't know why, is not one of the apps that convince me the most. Anyone who can convince me?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, bernardo_jas wrote:
Unfortunately I have some reluctance to buy this app. There are apps that seem to be really good, but this one, I don't know why, is not one of the apps that convince me the most. Anyone who can convince me?

I think there’s enough information within this forum to give you an educated idea if it’s for you or not. I like it personally. But I also recognize others views. So it’s up to you.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2999 Posts

Profile of 252life
I don’t come on here to convince people to buy things. The content of the thread, as Lonnie stated, should be more then enough.

-Theodore Annemann
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1011 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

That is a great performance -- and shows a much more streamlined version than Lloyd's original ACAAN presentation. I'm still really enjoying how extensible the app is, though I do wish they'd set up a better system than Facebook for sharing the various alternatives. It's so difficult to follow there.
alchemy92
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of alchemy92
Can you Cognito perform on the spectator's phone?
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1011 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, alchemy92 wrote:
Can you Cognito perform on the spectator's phone?

It wasn't in the original release, but they've now explained a way that you can for certain effects.
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

That is a great performance -- and shows a much more streamlined version than Lloyd's original ACAAN presentation. I'm still really enjoying how extensible the app is, though I do wish they'd set up a better system than Facebook for sharing the various alternatives. It's so difficult to follow there.

We've got something in the works that will help with organising all the custom routines, it's been a very big undertaking for me over the last few weeks, you'll see why very soon hopefully Smile

Joshua Riley
Developer of Cognito
alchemy92
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of alchemy92
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
There have been a number of bugs, but they get fixed pretty quickly. The proximity input doesn't work well for me though.

I think the best thing they could do is move the bug and feature management away from Facebook as it's a nightmare trying to understand whether something has already been raised or whether they're already working on a fix or feature - I'm not a Facebook fan, but it certainly wasn't made for this.

Joshua is really great and responsive in fixing the bugs - like all new products there are a few teething issues, but credit when credit is due, the issues are fixed very quickly!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10246 Posts

Profile of pegasus
For now. When the sales drop off so does the support, in many cases.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2999 Posts

Profile of 252life
The power of positive thinking 🤔

-Theodore Annemann
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2021, pegasus wrote:

Exactly how long do you think it makes sense to provide ongoing development once you don't have ongoing revenue Peg?

How many years would you go on working without pay, just curious?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10246 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2021, Morganjj wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2021, pegasus wrote:

Exactly how long do you think it makes sense to provide ongoing development once you don't have ongoing revenue Peg?

How many years would you go on working without pay, just curious?

I agree totally. That’s why I’ve always been an advocate of knowing in advance that in order to receive updates you’ll have to pay a small fee.
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
I think that's fair, but also I think you've got to be a bit buyer beware with all this stuff. If sales slip, support will.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10246 Posts

Profile of pegasus
DFB was a classic example of pushing the devs for updates which finally arrived with improvements that required an in app purchase. That made it worthwile.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1157 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
New version of Cognito released today. Several new features. See official Facebook group for details. I suspect Lloyd will post here too, eventually.

Mark
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1011 Posts

Profile of no2ss
The Facebook group was so hectic and confusing I gave up following it. I do hope they set up a better system for communicating with users.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL