The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2664 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What is the effect.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, David Klass wrote:
I have it. It’s ok but I still need convincing that the method isn’t too transparent.

That’s an interesting comment. I’ve been following this from the start not to get sucked into the hype that has gone crazy on FB, also interesting to see this independent unbias comment. I too am holding off until more real world, honest, non friendship, independent reviews come in.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5840 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can take David Klass’s comment as truthful and unbiased.
He has it and his knowledge of magic and routining is seriously top notch, I massively rate his opinions Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I'm unbiased also. I paid full price for the app yesterday.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
The issue with that clip is you have no way of knowing if it was actually cognito being performed or if its even a real performance.

100 percent.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I bought it. Really enjoy it so far. I haven’t performed it for anyone outside of my fiancé. And it’s got her stumped. There’s a ton of room to play with this and I’m venturing that area now. Completely customizable. As for justification, all I can say is it does it’s job and it allows you to work on your patter/vocals/chomps. If you don’t like the many different variations of explanations given by Lloyd, then use your own creativity. ( that’s technically part of being a performer ) Because in my eyes that’s a huge plus about this tool. Customize it to fit your style

I try to be as honest as I can about every product I buy and I would have paid way more for it. It definitely will have its place in a lot of performers acts/gigs. It certainly will be in mine.

One thing I NEVER do, is compare products to existing products in a way that says “ well, there’s better products out there “. I try to look at each purchase as something that I will either use to aid me in my style of magic or will replace an existing routine. This addresses both of those for me. It’s really quite baffling. And..... there’s already been an update that added an additional method of gaining the information. I’m not trying to sell anyone on this in any way.

But.............
I am excited about COGNITO. I can only see it improving from its already impressive state.

Absolutely “0” regrets.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Great to hear other reviews coming in. Lonnie, David or anyone else can you synopsise what the effect is. I understand Lloyd was a little wary giving too much info because it wasn’t actually released which was fair enough, now that it has been put to market can someone please explain the effect as a spectator would see it. This is not giving anything away as it’s a description of what the effect is and how it looks when performed.
Thanks
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
344 Posts

Profile of geggy
Love this...3 pages of venom..hype and whatever...about a new app that nobody dares to describe...hilarious 🤣
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1571 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I currently own 13 different magic apps. Most of which get only little use. I got one will what a while before I spend any more money on an app that will most likely either be similar to one I have or I only use a couple times before I decide there are other ways to do the same thing. This is probably a good app especially for one who might not have many but it’s pretty hard to get excited about another app at this point for me anyway.

Ron
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
344 Posts

Profile of geggy
[quote]On Oct 16, 2021, geggy wrote:
Love this...3 pages of venom..hype and whatever...about a new app that nobody dares to describe...hilarious 🤣 [/quot
To be fair it's called cognito, not incognito so nuff said
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Great to hear other reviews coming in. Lonnie, David or anyone else can you synopsise what the effect is. I understand Lloyd was a little wary giving too much info because it wasn’t actually released which was fair enough, now that it has been put to market can someone please explain the effect as a spectator would see it. This is not giving anything away as it’s a description of what the effect is and how it looks when performed.
Thanks

It is a method to peek something. It has to be out of a limited number like cards for example. For you to peek what it is they have to go through a process that is slightly different depending on which input method but either way it’s pretty unjustified and in the main one you have to ask them a lot of questions. It does require them to do something odd for all of the methods
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4471 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Used it at a wedding today. Will keep on using it, does it’s job extremely well and very easy to use.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2368 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,
Later on today I will review the app and post 2 video reactions on two of the routines.

Stay tuned.

Alex Alejandro.
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
So usually when I’m aboard the hype train it crashes. Other times I‘ll get off the hype train just a little bruised and disappointed. I tend to stay away from them normally. I know better. That said this hype train was a hype train for a reason. The people driving it were using Cognito and knew how good it was but couldn’t tell us the destination. Looking back now I see why. I get it. Hype that lived up to the hype.

Lloyd Tom Barnes , Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc. and anyone else on the Cognito team has created something truly beautiful here. Just when you thought there was a magic app for everything Cognito comes along and shows us differently. I don’t want to say too much because I know it’s early access but for the price just trust you can’t go wrong. You will 100 percent find a use for this. Even if it’s just to be the cool guy at a party or to get a gig. Yes it’s a gig getter!! It uses one of my favorite things in all of mentalism and flips it on its back completely. Quite literally splits it down the middle.

Honestly what are you waiting for?! Those few reaction videos are real. That’s how people react to Cognito. That’s the reaction I got today after performing it. That’s another thing. Rarely do I perform app magic after just purchasing it. We all know the drill. Cluttered outdated tutorials. Very hard to learn. These app usually have a huge learning curve. If I had to compare it as far as learning goes I would compare it to DFB. Not as far as what it does don’t get me wrong. But as easy as it was to learn DFB this app is on the same level. I honestly wasn’t expecting the reaction I got. I knew I would get a good reaction, a great reaction but what I witnessed was what I call a you just ****ed my world up for a second reaction and now have me questioning reality. Sounds to good to true right? It’s not. It’s really not. 

In these days where we all throw money at the wall towards all these magic products that end up sitting in a drawer. Or in the case of magic apps sitting on our phone unused. With the price being so low what’s to lose? It actually doesn’t matter because you’re not gonna lose anything.😃Cognito is completely underpriced IMO. I think others would agree. It’s simple you will enjoy it. Oh and one of the best parts is the ability to customize it. Let me say it here now, once this app fully releases just wait for the amazing stuff we will see within this group.

I purchased through Saturn Magic(I know someone will ask lol). That’s another thing. The Saturn magic team and Mark Traversoni really showed what they were made of this weekend. A huge thanks to them for getting this pushed out and making us happy. Hopefully they are sleeping 😴. I wasn’t going to write a complete review. But I get passionate about the things I love. So here it is❤️. I’ll end it by saying every once in a while something comes along into this magic world and it’s there to stay. Cognito is one of those things. This in my opinion is Lloyds best work and remember he created one of the best gaff decks to date. Don’t worry I won’t ramble on about that🤣 Trust me I can.
Stefan_Wonder
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Stefan_Wonder
Would love for any users/reviewer to address the different looking gallery/photo, compared to the real/normal gallery/photo apps.

Here is a link to 3 major gallery/photo apps in Android: http://imgur.com/a/7oUqpR4 and Cognito doesn't look like any of them.

I know people might not notice it, but I feel like people will (maybe even subconscious) notice something is off.

Question related to that, is it possible to add our own screenshots and remove the top bar? So I can screenshot my own gallery app.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I don’t know what it is but can you use PeekSmith with it , thanks
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, cardbiker wrote:

I’m not one hundred percent sure it depends if peeksmith can receive text messages
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, cardbiker wrote:

I’m not one hundred percent sure it depends if peeksmith can receive text messages

Thanks for reply
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I bought it. Really enjoy it so far. I haven’t performed it for anyone outside of my fiancé. And it’s got her stumped. There’s a ton of room to play with this and I’m venturing that area now. Completely customizable. As for justification, all I can say is it does it’s job and it allows you to work on your patter/vocals/chomps. If you don’t like the many different variations of explanations given by Lloyd, then use your own creativity. ( that’s technically part of being a performer ) Because in my eyes that’s a huge plus about this tool. Customize it to fit your style

I try to be as honest as I can about every product I buy and I would have paid way more for it. It definitely will have its place in a lot of performers acts/gigs. It certainly will be in mine.

One thing I NEVER do, is compare products to existing products in a way that says “ well, there’s better products out there “. I try to look at each purchase as something that I will either use to aid me in my style of magic or will replace an existing routine. This addresses both of those for me. It’s really quite baffling. And..... there’s already been an update that added an additional method of gaining the information. I’m not trying to sell anyone on this in any way.

But.............
I am excited about COGNITO. I can only see it improving from its already impressive state.

Absolutely “0” regrets.

That’s good to hear

But could you in simple terms advise what is the basic effect as after reading 4 pages it’s still not clear to me

Unless I am missing something!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1438 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Does it really feel like you are just scrolling through the camera roll?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL