The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey,

We at Murphy's Magic are soon to release our premier, in-house, Magic app. To make sure the app as good as it can be for launch, we're looking for BETA Testers.

We are looking for competent and experienced magicians to test Cognito for bugs and give general constructive feedback. Please note that in order to be approved for testing you will need to sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement).

If you'd like to be considered, please head to our Cognito App Facebook Group to apply.

Join the group and apply:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cognitoapp

- L.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1504 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Sent 😜
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Sent!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Marketing: Lure 700+ magicians into a fb-group, choose 1.4% beta testers and later sell the app to 98.6% of them.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree. Ridiculous.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2021, pegasus wrote:
I agree. Ridiculous.

Why's that ridiculous? It works.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I feel that any type of marketing should be banned, along with attractive packaging and well shot videos. A photocopied sheet of typewritten instructions in a ziplock bag, and stuffed in a drawer of your local magic shop and no one is allowed to mention it, is all that's permitted.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Well said dyoung. In fact anyone who produces new effects should not be allowed to let anyone know at all. If they market their new product with the cheek of trying to get someone to buy it, they should be deemed evil and their product banned.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
BETA Testing is now closed.

I can see that some of you think this was a marketing stunt. It wasn't and it's not. We made the BETA process open to all applicants so that by the end of the process, the app would be well vetted and tested by people who weren't just friends of the team. This would ensure people were going to tell us if there was any nasty bugs without worrying about hurting our feelings.

We looked at a multitude of options for people to apply to become testers; such as Google Forms etc but ulitmately Facebook was the most accessible option for the large majority of applicants. It's easier to apply, collate and communicate via the most widely used platform on the web, so we simply made a group. It's obviously not marketing but if you think so, then that's your prerogative. If you have better options for ways to do this, then please offer them up as we could potentially use that advice in future.

Whether you think it's a hype campaign or can see that it was the most accessible way to handle the application process is beside the point, the only thing that matters is that the BETA has been successful in its sole mission; to ensure the app is working as smoothly as possible for launch day.

Thank you to all of the applicants who were kind enough to offer their time to help debug and also add new ideas to Cognito.

More information will be released after we receive approval from Apple and Android. There are also more announcements and live performance footage of the app over at the Facebook Group.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Honestly Lloyd, you shouldn't have to defend yourself. Even if what you were doing WAS marketing then it's your right to do it. Creating a buzz and an interest in something is not immoral. Even if the setting up of beta testers created the knock on effect of a marketing campaign, then good luck to you.
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
The hoops people here go through to find malice where none exists are remarkable.

That a bunch of prominent posters basically start from the position that all creators are scum and need to be put in their place makes the Café feel gross.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2021, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
BETA Testing is now closed.

I can see that some of you think this was a marketing stunt. It wasn't and it's not. We made the BETA process open to all applicants so that by the end of the process, the app would be well vetted and tested by people who weren't just friends of the team. This would ensure people were going to tell us if there was any nasty bugs without worrying about hurting our feelings.

We looked at a multitude of options for people to apply to become testers; such as Google Forms etc but ulitmately Facebook was the most accessible option for the large majority of applicants. It's easier to apply, collate and communicate via the most widely used platform on the web, so we simply made a group. It's obviously not marketing but if you think so, then that's your prerogative. If you have better options for ways to do this, then please offer them up as we could potentially use that advice in future.

Whether you think it's a hype campaign or can see that it was the most accessible way to handle the application process is beside the point, the only thing that matters is that the BETA has been successful in its sole mission; to ensure the app is working as smoothly as possible for launch day.

Thank you to all of the applicants who were kind enough to offer their time to help debug and also add new ideas to Cognito.

More information will be released after we receive approval from Apple and Android. There are also more announcements and live performance footage of the app over at the Facebook Group.

You should feel shy from yourself!
Beta testing closed after 10 people selected out of 700+!
What a joke!
I don't know if you are still working with E or no, but it is the same immoral dirty marketing tricks, this rubbish is total disrespect.
I regret my early reply here and I will never buy such app or anything associated with your name, I rather buy from honest creators who respect their clients and treat them well.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
Calm down there fella. The app will be out soon. People joined the group as they were excited to hear more, and some might have wanted to be a beta tester. I don’t think it’s worth getting upset about and as for immoral come on.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Must be difficult to even leave your house when you see evil marketing schemes everywhere. Smile
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
The group is for the app, not the beta testers. Joining the group was a prerequisite to becoming a beta tester. They were clear they only needed ten. What’s the big deal, leave the group and disengage if it is upsetting you. The fact Michael Murray is excited by it (as a beta tester and respected member of the community) is why I am looking forward to hearing more.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Would be great to see a unedited, uncut performance of it either here or on the group if possible please. Don’t worry about spending time making the opening a cinematic production, we just want to see a quick real world raw performance of it and what it does from a spectator perspective.
Thanks
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

"I refuse to be marketed to. If you try to promote your product or I even detect a hint of you promoting it, I will not buy it."
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
No worries Ian. Hope you can sleep now.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2901 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Apparently we have some people on here that are clueless and have nothing going on in their personal lives to complain about some marketing. Leave your basement for a couple of hours, get out of the house, enjoy the weather or something lol
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Lunatik - but they could be faced with some marketing... like 2 for 1 offers... or a poster for something?! What would they do now?! Its probably best if they don't leave their basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL