The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
“Best app of the decade. “ Craig Petty.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, pegasus wrote:

I’m really not sure how anyone could possibly say that. It’s not even the best one this year
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:

Don't forget these:

“This is far more than an app, this is a tool that will open up a world of routining possibilities! First impressions… ******* awesome!!!!” - Michael Murray.

“Cognito is genius. What an incredible tool with limitless possibilities. 11/10” - Christian Grace

“The more you play with cognito, the more powerful it becomes. A versatile way to silently decipher a free thought.” - Rory Adams

"Wait, what?!? Hahaha. Love it! So, so smart." - Mark Elsdon

"Cognito is a real world practical way to perform incredible mind reading feats, anytime and anywhere!" - Oz Pearlman

Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1925 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

Don't forget these:

“This is far more than an app, this is a tool that will open up a world of routining possibilities! First impressions… ******* awesome!!!!” - Michael Murray.

“Cognito is genius. What an incredible tool with limitless possibilities. 11/10” - Christian Grace

“The more you play with cognito, the more powerful it becomes. A versatile way to silently decipher a free thought.” - Rory Adams

"Cognito is a real world practical way to perform incredible mind reading feats, anytime and anywhere!" - Oz Pearlman

Smile

That’s all well and good but what is the basic effect

Also why not just put it in the App Store instead of going via Murphy’s
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:

I’m really not sure how anyone could possibly say that. It’s not even the best one this year

Well, that’s 1 persons opinion. Which I and many others don’t share. I believe it’s going to be one of the best apps released this year. Candidate for TOTY In my opinion.

As for why it’s just not fully released:
There was so much hype surrounding COGNITO that Lloyd was kind enough to ask the group if there were people that wanted to purchase it without a trailer. ( pre-release ) Guess what? There were enough people that wanted it before next Friday. So he gave us access to test the hype train out for ourselves. The product matched the hype IMO.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4646 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Another phone app that will propberly not work with all the dam IOS updates by apple, I am sick of buying them only for them not to continue to work, just me I know. So many people are aware these days of something to do with your phone anyway, last night I used a pen and a note pad, people were amazed as just using a basic ole school priciples ,like Free Will and One Ahead.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

Don't forget these:

Smile

That’s all well and good but what is the basic effect

Also why not just put it in the App Store instead of going via Murphy’s

Go to the App Store and it is all explained. Can’t copy and paste unfortunately.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1922 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I purchased it yesterday and love it. To say "its just XXX" is untrue. Lloyd took an old principle and added a lot of new touches to modernize and advance it further - which is the hallmark of what a great magic product should do. In fact, I think it is the best application of this principle yet as some of the inputs really hide the method so well. Its also customizable so you can create your own routines using the app, which is great. I havent experienced many bugs yet (im on iOS) but even if I did, that's to be expected with the launch of a new app and that always gets sorted relatively quickly (we are still in early access remember). Its a steal at the price and I highly recommended it. Great job Lloyd, Owen and Joshua!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
This gets more intriguing by the day… literally opposite ends as in one minute a review is best app ever and big names giving this a quote, then the next not very strong and quite transparent in method. Guess this could be said for a lot of effects in comparison, but really looking forward to a uncut, unedited performance of how this looks from a spectator point of view to try and understand what both ends of the spectrum in comments could mean.
I’m really hoping (same as most) that by watching a demo (not cut) we will have the reaction like the girl on the vid thinking wtf…maybe
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
A great conclusion is this. Craig Petty who speaks his mind like me and we respect each other said “this is the best app in the last 10 years”.
Next day he says Mark Kerstein is the king of magic apps with the best creations available.
I believe he is correct on Mark and also Greg Rostami is the other Daddy.
The best thing about Craig is he respects opinions good or bad and gives them good and bad just like me Gaz 😊
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
A great conclusion is this. Craig Petty who speaks his mind like me and we respect each other said “this is the best app in the last 10 years”.
Next day he says Mark Kerstein is the king of magic apps with the best creations available.
I believe he is correct on Mark and also Greg Rostami is the other Daddy.
The best thing about Craig is he respects opinions good or bad and gives them good and bad just like me Gaz 😊

I also thought the timing of when that Interview came out was funny
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
So according to Craig, this is better than wiki, inject, TAP etc hmmm - I dunno, maybe he thinks it is and if he stands by that, it’s a pretty bold statement.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2373 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys

Anyone know how I can add in videos on here

I have 2 reaction videos I want to upload from Cognito

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Here’s the deal. If you get this app and perform it and don’t get a reaction then it’s your presentation. I know people don’t like hearing that but it’s true with this. My point is it’s not the app. The app does what it’s set out to do. It’s like someone giving you a Taylor guitar and it sounding you like crap, you’re simply playing it wrong. The app is simple. Very complex in its inner working but simple. Again like a guitar. Some wood and six strings but not easy for anyone to pick up and play something worth listening to. The difference here is Cognito is easy to use.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2373 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
The two reaction videos I want to post are great.

Just need to find out how to post them on here as I have never done it

Plus tomorrow I will have time since sending my daughter back to school so no more online classes and I can properly review the app.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, BMWGuy wrote:
The two reaction videos I want to post are great.

Just need to find out how to post them on here as I have never done it

Plus tomorrow I will have time since sending my daughter back to school so no more online classes and I can properly review the app.

Alex Alejandro

Upload them to YouTube and provide the link here.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I would definitely buy this especially at the price point. I’ve been on the Facebook page and I can assure you this has been very, very well received. I’m not sure if the price will go up, or not but as it stands this is mega cheap.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
It's a really good app - the best part for me is the ability to add your own content and routines and it has multiple methods, some of which can be totally hands off (all in the spectators hands).

There are a few minor teething problems and inconsistencies between iOS and Android, but the team seem pretty responsive so far.

At this price point, I'm very happy with the purchase so far.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
So I’m guessing as I still can’t see a clear description of the effect and just trying to read between the lines of what the effect is, this is a bit like Max Krause menta-list in a way? But this in Summary is you showing a photo of say 20 things on and ask someone to think of an item. Then you scroll to the next photo with say 5 items on and ask if their selection is on there - they say yes or no, you scroll to the next photo with about 5 items on and ask again getting a yes or no etc then on the last photo they scroll to show their selection. Is this in a nutshell the effect?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes Roberto it’s cards scattered on the floor on the image and you ask is their card seen there etc etc. Of course it gets the job done but I only like using a phone when it is never seen and totally not in play.
This is basic maths so I personally would never use a phone for something so easy that can be hidden exquisitely with say Power Ball 60 where the cards are turned face down and the bar code system is genius.
As with all such effects you have to rely on the spectator giving the affirmative they see their card as sometimes they miss it and you are screwed.
With effects like this and Power ball 60 I do the following.
I make them write the number down on my business card and show it to someone else and then pocket it while my back is turned. Then of course 2 people shouldn’t miss it and of course they have your business card at the climax.
I only use it as a wallet filler and on occasions it’s been handy to have and has played quite well and takes up little space Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL