The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..18~19~20 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10249 Posts

Profile of pegasus
However, these screenshots are on your camera roll in order, so as far as they’re concerned you’ve already predicted their card, or anything else ahead of time as it’s the last photo on the roll.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree that improves it Pegasus, best wishes Gaz 😊
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, pegasus wrote:
However, these screenshots are on your camera roll in order, so as far as they’re concerned you’ve already predicted their card, or anything else ahead of time as it’s the last photo on the roll.

So if that’s the case as in the effect is here are 20 cards on a photo think of one, then the next is my prediction (basic example) why or what is the justification reason for going through another 3/4 photos asking if it’s in that photo or not - to then scroll next and it’s the reveal? Just trying to understand the logic and justification why you would need to go through the process if you have already made the prediction as the last photo? Im just trying to look at this from spectator perspective and what they may think.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Power Ball 60 has that justification. You are asking them to think of their fav lotto number and then to go through and see which tickets would be winners for them and losers.
You never see the numbers and they are placed faced down into 2 piles. So very justified and of course diabolical method getting the info from the bar code with the most basic maths in the world.
Anyway for the right performer to the right audience any effect can play well but introducing a phone for an effect like this is not for me.
That’s just my opinion as I only like phone magic when it’s seemingly never ever in play Gaz 😊
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
That’s what I mean, but yes with powerball you have that in a way invisible justification built in. But really struggling to know what logic or justification there is to scroll through photos to get yes or no answers to then show a photo you apparently predicted from the beginning as it’s already in your camera roll (what they think) so to them, why not show a photo of 20 cards to think of one then you scroll to the next photo to show the reveal. I’m all for buying this if it’s as good as people are saying and just hope what I am describing is not what happens. Because if it is in a nutshell what I have described, unless I’m missing something I just can’t see how people are going crazy about it. Forget how clever the workings to get the choice on the last photo in the roll are because in a way it’s irrelevant - it’s how it looks to a spectator and what they think… but then you have videos of people freaking out ala sansmind vid reactions to this 🤷🏻‍♂️
LankyHobo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, Roberto W wrote:

So if that’s the case as in the effect is here are 20 cards on a photo think of one, then the next is my prediction (basic example) why or what is the justification reason for going through another 3/4 photos asking if it’s in that photo or not - to then scroll next and it’s the reveal? Just trying to understand the logic and justification why you would need to go through the process if you have already made the prediction as the last photo? Im just trying to look at this from spectator perspective and what they may think.

No, they think of a card BEFORE seeing any photos. Any card of 52. And then you show them the photos and go through the process.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Oh ok - thanks. But what is the logic or justification for going through photos/process to get a yes no answer to then just show them the thought of card at the end?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Gee Magic had a great app effect I loved called Mental Picture, but atlas they never after many years kept up with the latest iOS updates which was more like you are saying Robert.
They could name any number or playing card and you handed them your phone and they opened your photos and the last photo on your genuine album was a picture of you the performer holding an A4 piece of paper with the prediction written in Sharpie and obviously pre dated and stamped hours before the performance.
The input method was diabolical too, that was an app I did love in a casual situation when I had nothing else on me sort of scenario Gaz 😊
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes they are a few camera roll prediction apps out there and in essence this is kind of the same thing in as far as you have a prediction in your camera roll they see. Again unless I’m missing something and hope I am, just wanting to know what motivation or logic there is as a process to simply show the photo you already had there as your prediction, but for people to go through the yes/no process to get to the prediction?
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
320 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
Oh ok - thanks. But what is the logic or justification for going through photos/process to get a yes no answer to then just show them the thought of card at the end?

My thoughts exactly. Let's hope we are missing something.
If Michael Murray and Oz Pearlman are enthusiastic about it, then it probably is something good.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Let’s also hope when the trailer comes out, it’s not just a collection of ‘good’ reactions all compiled together. What we want to see and I'm sure I’m speaking on behalf of 99.999% of us (same as any effect) is a simple demonstration/performance of it and how it looks from a spectator perspective. Save time producing fancy cinematic openings and just post a uncut, unedited performance of how it looks and what it does of a performer performing it to a spectator pleeeeease if that’s ok 🙂
Thanks
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
Quote:
That’s what I mean, but yes with powerball you have that in a way invisible justification built in. But really struggling to know what logic or justification there is to scroll through photos to get yes or no answers to then show a photo you apparently predicted from the beginning as it’s already in your camera roll (what they think) so to them, why not show a photo of 20 cards to think of one then you scroll to the next photo to show the reveal. I’m all for buying this if it’s as good as people are saying and just hope what I am describing is not what happens. Because if it is in a nutshell what I have described, unless I’m missing something I just can’t see how people are going crazy about it. Forget how clever the workings to get the choice on the last photo in the roll are because in a way it’s irrelevant - it’s how it looks to a spectator and what they think… but then you have videos of people freaking out ala sansmind vid reactions to this 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had the same questions as everyone else in this group before getting this app. When I got the app and performed it on a few people - it was fantastic. The justifications are covered well in the tutorials/instructions. Just an FYI, swiping is not the only input for this app. You can get a peek when the phone is in your audience's hands and they do not need to type or write anything. The principle is used very cleverly.
-blitzavi
stp
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of stp
As mentioned earlier and as extra confirmation. If you have an Android (in my case a Samsung S21), you don't want to buy this now. The gallery etc look very fake and zooming doens't work at all. Seems to be Apple only, but they shouldn't have created a half working Android app.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, stp wrote:
As mentioned earlier and as extra confirmation. If you have an Android (in my case a Samsung S21), you don't want to buy this now. The gallery etc look very fake and zooming doens't work at all. Seems to be Apple only, but they shouldn't have created a half working Android app.

There's an update coming this afternoon which allows Android users to choose their own styling so it'll look like your exact device. The only reason we didn't do this initially is that there are so many different UI designs for Android that we chose the most common and recognised one. Either way, this afternoon the fix will be with you. Also, if you don't like the UI styling for it, you an turn them off entirely in the settings already Smile
stp
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of stp
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

There's an update coming this afternoon which allows Android users to choose their own styling so it'll look like your exact device. The only reason we didn't do this initially is that there are so many different UI designs for Android that we chose the most common and recognised one. Either way, this afternoon the fix will be with you. Also, if you don't like the UI styling for it, you an turn them off entirely in the settings already Smile

Ok, I am curious. Hope it will fix the zoom issue as well (which doesn't work).
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
Quote:

Which Android device do you use? I own a Pixel 4 and even though the gallery looks slightly different, no one suspected the phone was even in play during my performances. It depends on the performance but looks like a new update is going to address this.
-blitzavi
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
Quote:

They do not need to say YES/NO for the input mechanism if that helps. Get the app to know how it works. Smile
-blitzavi
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, blitzavi wrote:
Quote:

They do not need to say YES/NO for the input mechanism if that helps. Get the app to know how it works. Smile

I’m not asking for info to know how it works as I know the various input methods so far thanks inc sw**pe and p*****ty etc. The process whether it’s you actioning the input or them needs to know/action if it’s a yes or no if their selection is on that particular photo then move on to the next. What I’m referring to is logic and justification for the actions to get to the final reveal screen or you deciding to reveal.
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I’m not asking for info to know how it works as I know the various input methods so far thanks inc sw**pe and p*****ty etc. The process whether it’s you actioning the input or them needs to know/action if it’s a yes or no if their selection is on that particular photo then move on to the next. What I’m referring to is logic and justification for the actions to get to the final reveal screen or you deciding to reveal.

Yes, I have a few presentations for the playing cards, and zodiac signs using the available methods and they work beautifully. I guess it depends on your performance and what you are trying to do in the end. The discussions in FB are great. There are some great thinkings and ideas there. Smile
-blitzavi
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I have a few presentations for the playing cards, and zodiac signs using the available methods and they work beautifully. I guess it depends on your performance and what you are trying to do in the end. The discussions in FB are great. There are some great thinkings and ideas there. Smile

I agree. I feel much of the discussions on the café give very little to the buyer.

The real gold is in the user groups. I have the app and it is great and would recommend joining the FB group where the ideas are growing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COGNITO App // BETA Testers Wanted (275 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL