The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Beyond Stebbins Project - Craig Petty (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Available now from Alakazam:

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/index.php?m=c......STEBBINS

This project is a clearly a work of passion for Craig. It comes with a digital download of just under 3 hours and a special deck of cards. You could refill this deck yourself if it were to need replacing.

There are several routines using just the Stebbins set-up and I thought these were all excellent. Craig really needs to stop looking at his hands so much though, although that's not really the remit of this review.

Then comes the section involving special routines using the special deck. For me, the cynic in me thinks it's really an unnecessary extra to perhaps make the project more marketable to the "what's new?" brigade but it has to be said there are some decent routines in this section. None of them would make me want to carry the deck around but there may be occasions when I'd want something special to hit people over the head with and I can see me using one of the routines.

I'm hooked on Stebbins, I did the Dan Harlan Penguin class on it a couple of months back so I'm pretty conversant in it's uses and history but even so I think this is a very worthwhile project from Craig and would highly recommend it.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
I completely agree and even if those of us that haven’t or no longer use stebbins,then I would recommend getting the Beyond Stebbins project by Craig petty and as mentioned also the special deck that comes with it which allows you to perform some miracle routines.

Also you can use your own deck with the stebbins set-up which includes some knockout routines.

Craig has given the stebbins a new breath of life Imho.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
One of the most amazing things about this project is not only does it use the Si Stebbins stack in some interesting ways but the deck is completely gaffed yet it’s 100% examinable and can be handled freely by the spectator.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey for the reviews guys. I am so proud of this project. I think there are so many opportunities with the Stebbins stack that people overlook.

But this project was designed to not only unlock the power of Stebbins but add a new concept which when combined with Stebbins make routines possible which were never possible before. I’m also very proud of the way the deck is gaffed. It’s completely examinable but it’s gaffed to the hilt. It’s one of those moment that give me warm and fuzzies inside.

Anyway there are several routines and concepts which will allow you to perform several routines which are super practical. No table required. Instant reset. Easy to do. No sleight of hand.

Any questions please let me know.

Craig.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Congratulations on the release, the Stebbins is quite wonderful.

Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, David Numen wrote:

I'm hooked on Stebbins, I did the Dan Harlan Penguin class on it a couple of months back so I'm pretty conversant in it's uses and history but even so I think this is a very worthwhile project from Craig and would highly recommend it.

There is a also a 3 Vol. project by Woody Aragon, are you familiar with it?
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, Maxyedid wrote:

Quote:

I am indeed although last time I counted it was 4 Volumes!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Gene Anderson's Si Stebbins card routine is one that comes to mind when I think about the stack. I got to watch him do the routine live and I remember thinking it was the best thing I saw at that convention.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, Maxyedid wrote:

Quote:

He was allowed by Woody to use a routine of his in this project. All the other stuff is different.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Having finally memorized Mnemonica (thanks to the MemDeck Trainer, and Craig's great video on memorized deck magic), my aged noggin will explode if I try to memorize another stack. So, do I need to memorize the Stebbins stack to use this?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I recommend this project highly. I purchased it even though I already owned the "Si Stebbins Unplugged" e-book mentioned by Craig. For the price you get the nearly 3 hour video of Craig's handlings and also a ready made gaffed deck plus free shipping. Video contains additional hints and suggestions for handling and other gimmicks you can add to the deck. All this at a very reasonable price.

Craig's project has a lot of nice routines. I particularly like the "Word Up" effect. It's three card mind reading is excellent.

I'll add that the effects will work with any cyclic stack. For some effects I prefer the "eight kings" stack as it avoids the +3 arithmetic sequencing of the cards.

Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Having finally memorized Mnemonica (thanks to the MemDeck Trainer, and Craig's great video on memorized deck magic), my aged noggin will explode if I try to memorize another stack. So, do I need to memorize the Stebbins stack to use this?

The stack is quite easy!

Phil
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Turns out to be a moot point. Alakazam shows product is sold out.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Turns out to be a moot point. Alakazam shows product is sold out.

Restock is on its way, I heard.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks, Phil. Went ahead and ordered it.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
There is no need to memorise Stebbins for this project.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. Thanks for the continued support. Just to answer a couple of the questions that have been mentioned on this thread and in other places

Firstly you do not need to memorise the Stebbins Stack at all. None of the routines require any memorisation. The principle is used take aspects of the deck and use them in a different way. There is one routine that requires a crib however this is completely motivated and covered during the course of the presentation.

Secondly if you have routines that you already use with a Stebbins Stack you can still do them with this deck. The deck is daft in such a way that it doesn’t restrict any other routines. However the principle being used is available for you at any moment. It means that you can routine tricks together into a longer act without needing to worry about switching decks in and out.

Hope that helps, any other questions please let me know
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Where can we read the contents of this project please ?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2021, qkeli wrote:
Where can we read the contents of this project please ?

Hi, no effect descriptions but here is a list of contents with time tags I put together
Regards
Phil

“Beyond Stebbins” by Craig Petty and Alakazam

Video Time Tags

Trailer: 0:00:00
Intro: 0:03:35
The Si Stebbins Stack: 0:04:58
The Gimmicked Deck: 0:15:46
Stacking the Deck: 0:19:10
Deck Displays: 0:23:57

The Routines

Perfect Ritual: 0:34:52 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck
Word Up: 0:52:20 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck
Stebbins ACAAN: 1:11:25 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck
Prediction vs Mindreading: 1:27:25 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck
Threesome Redone: 1:38:29 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck + crimp
Beyond ACAAN: 1:56:27 gaffed deck
Vanishing 4 of a Kind: 2:10:50 gaffed deck
Easy Twin Souls: 2:20:00 gaffed deck
Psychic Deck: 2:28:18 gaffed deck
Si Stebbins Quartet: 2:34:47 regular Si Stebbins stacked deck

Outro: 2:52:14
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks, Craig. I plan on learning the Stebbins stack anyway. Should not be hard at all.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Learning Stebbins takes a few seconds Smile So you should be alright!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Beyond Stebbins Project - Craig Petty (67 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL