The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » QuickStack 3.0 by Doug Dyment (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pyppo100
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
I know the first version of Doug Dyment's QuickStack: what are the differences from the QuickStack 3.0 version published in his book Calculed Thoughts?

Best regards!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2314 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The portion of the algorithm that determines the suit of a card has been changed to make it simpler/faster, and the value ordering in each bank has been modified to make it more compatible with other uses of the methodology. If you have the new book, you'll find all this explained in considerably more detail on page 90.

At its heart, though, it's still a memorized deck. If you've memorized the original, then there's no compelling reason to change; if you haven't, then I'd recommend memorizing the updated version.
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Pyppo100
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2021, ddyment wrote:
The portion of the algorithm that determines the suit of a card has been changed to make it simpler/faster, and the value ordering in each bank has been modified to make it more compatible with other uses of the methodology. If you have the new book, you'll find all this explained in considerably more detail on page 90.

At its heart, though, it's still a memorized deck. If you've memorized the original, then there's no compelling reason to change; if you haven't, then I'd recommend memorizing the updated version.

Thank you very much!

You have a private message! ;-)

Best regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » QuickStack 3.0 by Doug Dyment (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL