The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from the Cadillac Ranch (or close to it) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nickbtx
View Profile
New user
Just East of the Cadillac Ranch
21 Posts

Profile of nickbtx
I'm not new here, but this is my first post; I guess that makes me a lurker. Smile My family and I had a small stage show in the 80s and 90s in West Texas and during that time I was a member of the Lubbock, Texas IBM Ring. Career forced a move and I lost touch with the gang. Since that time many of the magicians I got to know, and learned so much from, sadly have passed, e.g. Dean Ponton, Don Yelvington (Dean's business partner), Fred and Ann Story, Bill Mayes, and I'm sure others...sigh. Anyway, I'm within a couple of years of retiring and I hope to dust off a few of my favorite effects and start entertaining and annoying friends again.

I promise not to (intentionally) ask any stupid questions nor will I point them out when someone else does.

Nick
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
623 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@nickbtx,

Thanks for introducing yourself. Now start responding to threads and helping those of us who can profit from your knowledge.

Dave
nickbtx
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of nickbtx
Thank you, Dave. I'll jump in where ever I feel I can be helpful. I already like it here. Smile
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1040 Posts

Profile of Russo
Yes all. helping others makes them happy, making others happy makes you happy -
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
575 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Welcome.
illusiveleon
View Profile
New user
Lubbock, TX
3 Posts

Profile of illusiveleon
Hey Nick! Welcome! The Café shows me as a new user but I have been on the Café since 2007. I live in Lubbock, TX now... noticed you spent some time there. I am familiar with Amarillo since I was born and raised in Borger... you should know where that is. I am retired (2yrs now) and able to spend more time with magic. Lots of great new stuff and books out nowadays... but I have plenty of OLD stuff and books that are still great! I have been a member of SAM since the '70s but never IBM. I saw your post mentioned a Lubbock IBM ring. I need to check on that. Keep magishing!
Shows me as a new user but I have been on Magic Cafe since 2007.
I have been a magic hobbyist / performer since the '70s.
As iron sharpens iron... so one man sharpens another!
nickbtx
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of nickbtx
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, illusiveleon wrote:
I saw your post mentioned a Lubbock IBM ring. I need to check on that.

Hi Leon,
Thanks for the welcome! I don't believe the Lubbock ring is active any longer. At one time Lubbock was very active and even hosted a convention, I think it was the TAOM, but that was decades ago. Is The Joker still open? That seemed to be the place where local magicians would hang out.
Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from the Cadillac Ranch (or close to it) (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL