The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Sandwich Peek by Scott Creasey (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
659 Posts

Profile of Scott
I shared this on the inner thoughts forum a few days ago, but thought I'd put it here as well for those who don't have access.

About 15 years ago I had three residences as a table hopping mentalist and decided I needed a workable business card peek that suited my performance style.

I sat down with a stack of cards and after about a week of playing, managed to take some old principles and combine them to create something that worked for me.

I've been using it ever since. However as with most things in life it evolved over the years and I adapted it or use with not only business cards, but the double blank cards I favour, Tarot cards and on the odd occasion I've used it with playing cards.

It's a very simple and very versatile technique that up until now I had kept to my self. But I've decided to share it and so have added another no frills instant download video to my website. In the 48-minute video you will learn the full peek and the psychology behind every move, before we move on and explore a number of variations.

If you fancy taking a look, you can watch the short preview video, read the reviews and order your copy here https://www.mentalmagicism.com/store/p44......eek.html

In the mean time here are a few snippets from the reviews it has received so far.

Quote:
Very nice handling. So deceptive and smooth.

This is a fantastic full billet peek that is oh so deceptive. I love how it can be used with business cards, double blank playing cards, regular playing cards, tarot cards and more. - Bill O'Connell

Quote:
Just watched Scott Creasey's new Sandwich Peek download. Very clever and very useable peek. Great work, will be making it up later (won't take 5 mins). Great thinking from the brilliant Mr Scott Creasey. - Thom Chesser

Quote:
Yes this is pretty sneaky stuff, very clever, love it! - Renzo Baroni

Quote:
Another brilliant worker idea from the man that continually creates miracles with all the basic props we have....if you can call a marker pen and a stack of business cards Props. - Greg Arce

Cheers

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
949 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I'm intrigued, but the video seems quite confusing to me: I don't quite understand what it's trying to convey - it seems you place a card in the middle of the stack then spread through the stack faces towards you? But this can't be what the video intends to show...

Sorry Scott - I think I'm just being dumb here! Can you explain a little more?
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I understand your confusion and would have preferred a proper peformance but based on what I know of Scott's work, he's presumably placing the hot card in the middle...attains his peek...and then can spread thru to get the hot card showing it is where it was meant to be.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
659 Posts

Profile of Scott
Yep sorry guys,

David has described the routine correctly.

The video may be a bit confusing but then I was just showing snippets, if I'd shown more it would have given the game away.

Same with a full performance which I very rarely put in my video's for a number of reasons.

First off I've done next to no live performances over the past two years, and even when I do them I don't take someone along to film mainly because I am focusing on the audience.

So why not get some mates round and perform it or go to the pub and film it? Well to be honest I feel that if a demo isn't performed before a paying live audience at a gig then it is very difficult (IMO) to know if what you are seeing is the 3rd, 4th or even 5th take required to make it look good, or if the camera is set to hide bad angles etc. It happens, I know it happens because I know guys who have spent all day filming performances in order to get the one that works perfectly and gets the best reaction.

Secondly this is a close up technique but I no longer do table hopping, trade shows, restaurant work or much of any other sort of close up because I simply don't enjoy it any more. For the past 12 years I've concentrated on public speaking gigs, private readings and intimate private standup gigs.

Finally, although I have been approached a dozen times by various dealers who produce Spielberg quality videos asking if I'd like to come into the studio, my answer has always been no. My attitude is keep it small and keep it simple.

Cheers.

Scott

no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
900 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Scott -- totally understand the desire not to film a video and your detailed explanation of why... but I'm still a little confused about the peek. Can you give a little more detail? I've purchased nearly everything you've ever put out so I'm sure I'll purchase this as well, but I was also more confused by the video than helped by it, so I'm curious if there are some more details?
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
659 Posts

Profile of Scott
OK.

You take a stack of business cards show them on both sides, hand one to a volunteer, to draw a picture, write a word, print a number or even write a question, there are no restrictions.

The the stack is turned blank side up and their card dropped drawing side down on top. It is then fairly cut to the centre of the stack, but it is drawing side down so that it remains reversed in the middle at all times.

You get your peek and reveal the information, but you can show their card still reversed in the centre whenever you wish.

Finally you run through the cards and remove their card from the middle of the stack. They see you remove it from the middle and you hand it back to them.

The reset is instant so perfect for table hopping which is what I devised it for. The moves are simple, the gimmick is common place and every stage is justified.

You can use it with business cards, tarot cards and playing cards, well just about any sort of card you wish and I give a few examples.

I prefer to work it on a table and I explain why in the video, but it can be worked in the hands for strolling close up work.

It is a no frills, no bull, instant download 48 mins video priced at 12 pounds so approximately 16 dollars.

Hope that helps.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
659 Posts

Profile of Scott
I have just read what I wrote above which sounds like typical dealers spiel, (although it is exactly what the audience see).

And reading that description, I think I've priced it to low. Smile

jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
949 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2021, Scott wrote:
I have just read what I wrote above which sounds like typical dealers spiel, (although it is exactly what the audience see).

And reading that description, I think I've priced it to low. Smile

Exactly what a dealer would say ;-)
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
What’s really valuable with The Sandwich Peek, which may be hard to grasp from the video, is the way the handling is structured there is absolutely no heat on when you get the peek. This is because the subject’s card is clearly and fairly cut to the center of the stack, then cut a few more times, then shown to be face down in the the middle of the stack just before you get your peek. All with very natural and normal moves. Nothing sneaky or suspicious.

The way Scott has structured this is brilliant.

I love wallets, but no wallet needed here, for a very easy to execute and invisible full billet Peek.

STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is this similar to underlooked by Arthur? Regards Gaz 😊
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1291 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Is this similar to underlooked by Arthur? Regards Gaz 😊

My thought as well - Underlooked by Arthur is a great peek. However, always on the hunt for another peek - aren’t we Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The Sandwich Peek is nothing like Underlooked. Completely different methods.

They are both very good.

STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5157 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for clarifying Stunninger, best wishes Gaz 😊
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Thanks for clarifying Stunninger, best wishes Gaz 😊

My pleasure, Gaz!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Sandwich Peek by Scott Creasey (15 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL