The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » WTB: 20th Century Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Where can I buy the best quality version? Thanks.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have had very good comments about the quality of my sets. I would be happy to talk with you further if you wish.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
774 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Nat, if your looking for quality don't buy the one
from uday. I own a set, they're fine for me because of the way
i vanish the "silk". But if you intend to compress them they're
Not for you.

I Don't know what they are but they're not silk.
They are durable though.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
I appreciate the tips and references - will write. Thanks.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I'm a big fan of ANY silk effect or item from Richard Hughes! I've bought from him.... and everything is FIRST QUALITY.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
What a fantastic routine 20th Century Silks really is!

I purchased my very first set somewhere between 1968 and 1970 and they were from Tannens. Great quality made set and the silks were just a touch thick (not made from 100% silk) but held up nicely and a great set.

Since then, I have purchased a few other sets including one from Rice, one from Royal, and one from Tenyo. The Rice and Royal sets are excellent!

Anyway, a good presentation of this effect is a thing of beauty. I always preferred using a really nice glass to hold the silks. Method of silk vanish can be many things as long as it is done in a clean fashion.

By the way, if I had the opportunity to perform it now, I would use the Royal set. All 3 brands are no longer available. There are lots of others but they all use a sold color center silk and I prefer one with a design.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks for your comments.
Coincidence: my old set is from Tannen's as well, probably purchased in the mid-'60s, pocket type with a 12-inch silk in the middle and one to vanish...I have used it for years and with wear and tear, I looking for another (or perhaps I should make one up), I like the small center silk because I can use a thumb tip for the vanish - quick and easy! My routine uses a top hat to hold the two silks by a volunteer - "who does the magic!"
Regarding the brands, I think SEO has the Tenyo model...like your preference to use a design silk. Take Care!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » WTB: 20th Century Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL