The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Flux Cards - what are you working on? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Reefster
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Reefster
Hey guys, been fooling around with arts and crafts and crating gimmicked cards, ive been working on a nice magnet set of cards for myself, pretty happy the way they are coming along can trap up to 10 cards between them. have some ideas on additional ways to use the with some additional modifications too fool around with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xTVaP54mks

im looking to buy some more professional tools as peeling isn't an issue its more so the stirationas and crovers from peeling that I need to iron out no pun intended lol. any advice on hand pulling do I go waster slower? I peel at an angle and slowly supporting thicker side on table with my fingers.

anyone have any tricks on this? tool such as eion splitter jig worth it?

Made some more cards to test my consistency

https://youtube.com/shorts/xYvmmIrxCVE?feature=share

What type of stuff are you guys working on?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5228 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You should be supporting the thin layer on the table and peel steady. Speed doesn’t matter as mush as hesitation does (that is what leaves the wrinkles).

I have all of Eoin’s jigs and use them now but that advice I learned from Blake Vogt’s speed splitting videos he put out some years back and it served me well until Eoin made me lazy 😜😉
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Reefster
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Reefster
Thanks I think perhaps it’s the hesitation as in pull a bit then stop any tricks to a stead pull? Just go for it I guess eh
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5228 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://www.blakevogt.com/shop
$10 will get you all your answers

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2810 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Gary Plants had a video on making gaffs that was good, I believe Marty Martini also has a video.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5228 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Blake’s Split Sessions V1 & V2 address his issue directly. Although both of those videos are 100% great resources (and where I started).

Smile Smile
Reefster
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Reefster
Thanks guys will have a look! Appreciate the direction
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Flux Cards - what are you working on? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL