The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Triggering a Ping? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
GOAL: A toe, ankle, or armpit pressure switch-controlled MP3 player for close-up use, to repeatedly play on command a brief quiet "ping" (mp3 file) during a routine, with both hands otherwise occupied, using my concealed phone as the MP3 player. Ideally the control would be wireless but wired is okay if need be.

I own a SoundzAmazing unit that I loaded the "ping" file into, which was good for its day but too cumbersome for what I want. (Come to think of it, I wonder if its armpit pressure switch would work with an iPhone 12, plugged in through a dongle, to trigger the sound file? Anyway . . .)

Could someone with knowledge of such things please guide me?

You don't need to pretend that I'm essentially ignorant of the technologies and know-how for rigging this up--I am! Smile

Thanks in advance!

TT
ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
I might have at least partially answered my own question. iPhones have a setting called "Switch Control" that can be toggled on and off, which enables the phone to be controlled via an adaptive switch. This is so people with disabilities can navigate an iPhone.
There are both wired and wireless adaptive switches available.
Warrants some looking into, I think!

TT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Triggering a Ping? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL