The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Dipping Fingers in Molten Lead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
I no the secret to puting your fingers in to molten lead but is it the same as puting it it to your mouth? and how old is this act
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24298 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No.

It goes back a couple of hundred years. It was called "The Human Salamander."

Don't try it unless you no what you are doing. Lead is poisonous. So is Wood's Alloy.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
TAIT, leave it alone. You are not yet experienced enough for things like this. Learn to do the things you claim to do in a proper manner.
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Ok I will do as you say.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Just a tip, the "lead" used is another far different mtal. in one case, a pure metal, in another, an alloy. The oldest method used yet a third.
Thanks for listening.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
sonicimpulse99
View Profile
New user
Michigan
2 Posts

Profile of sonicimpulse99
This really isn't just a magic trick anyway. Physics professors do it all the time when teaching about thermodynamics.

I remember my physics teacher explaining why it worked the way it did (he said he'd never do it himself, though, but some of his professors had). If only I had paid a little more attention in class. Still, I wouldn't recommend trying this.
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Profile of Matthew the Magnificent
The ''formulae' that I read, more than 40 years ago, so don't ask, listed an alloy of about 5 different metals... at least two of which are 'toxic' and at least one of the 5 would be pretty hard to come by... but I am wondering WHAT method you have seen for 'dipping in molten metal'... I have seen two, and one of them I would NEVER try...

Both effects were published in a tiny and 'ancient' booklet... dating back to the 20's at least... ancient being a relative term...
Many years & Many experiences in Magic and Related Arts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Dipping Fingers in Molten Lead (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL