The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Name of packet force request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I am trying to recall a force with a small amount of cards. I am blanking on all the details so please forgive in adavance if I am mixing forces up.
I recall something where you have a a small aount of cards and you table one and put on the bottom of a stack until there is only one left.)
I cant recall if the spectator is giving the choice. Maybe two cards are presented each time? Honestly I am all jumbled up. ("I have forgotten more than you know kid")
I recall this is a considered a basic or one 101 type of force and I heard the common name it should ring a bell
Any ideas what I might be recalling (mis recalling)?

Thanks in advance
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
I think it's George Sands Lucky 13 Force aka Prime Time Force
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I cant find what that looks like but that name does not ring a bell
It was considered a 101 type of force.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I do not remember the name of the force, but I believe I know what force your speak of.
The spectator places the top card to the bottom of the stack, the next two cards are tabled, one card to bottom and next two tabled... The spectator does this until only one card left.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
OK, it might be the Down and Under Deal aka the Australian Deal or Deal and Duck Deal. In a (preferably small) packet you position the target card. From the top, you deal one to the table, the next one to the bottom and loop round until there’s only left in hand: the target card.

If it’s the force you’re looking for, here’s the formula to determine the position of the target card:

Remember those 4 key numbers (all multiples of 2): 4, 8, 16 and 32. Once you know the number of cards in your packet, subtract from it the nearest key number and multiply the remainder by 2.

Let’s say your packet has 11 cards, 11 – 8 = 3. 3 x 2 = 6. You have to position the target card 6th from the top.
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
I don't see how the procedure described by Wravyn could force a specific card, but it reminds me of the procedure used in one-to-one poker deals, like Bannon's Power of Poker to force a range of cards.

Another simple and effective force is the PATEO force.Performer and spectator alternatively present to each other 2 cards to chose from until only one remains on the table.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Thanks I know I saw this on some youtube a long time ago I had a known name I heard before but never saw it . I don't work with cards allot.

I am looking for a card version of forcing 1 of 6 cards. I do not wish use the hot rod force or force die. The cards are 8.5 x 11"
So I was thinking there would be a good way to hand them the cards they do the deal and end up with the last card being the chosen card.
cigmas
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of cigmas
Powermagic

Claudio appears to give you the solution to your problem three posts above your last post.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Get 5 duplicates of your force card and on the face of each dupe, apply some rubber cement toward the inner end. Glue each dupe to the back of a regular card. Do that with all 5 dupes and 5 x cards. Now you have “6” cards (5 doubles and 1 single card). In performance, the spectator can touch or point to any card, free choice. You find a reason to cut it to the top, then turn your head as you give them a peek at their card. Lift the outer short edge up with the right fingers - they can even do it themselves. Very fair force. Wish I knew the credit of the top of my head, but I recall it being in an effect that Barry Govan had in lecture notes some 20 yrs ago.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Upon reading your last post, perhaps my suggestion would not be great using cards of the size you mentioned.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Sorry guys that is not it. I guess the force, something that is on youtube someplace is not as common as they made it seem.
this was 101 type of force . No rubber cement or double cards. Just a way to force.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
It sounded like Claudio explained what your initial question was regarding. Perhaps the youtuber called it something different due to bad crediting or disguising the real name of it?

The double card/rubber cement method that I provided above is just another way to fairly force one of six cards - since you said you were looking for a way to force one of six cards.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Down And Under would definitely do what you need - and fits your description. But it's an entirely mechanical process - the spectator does not make any choices.
I agree with Francois that PATEO would be a great solution. (You can use it with any small collection of objects, not just cards).
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Yeah, I thnk it was the down under but then one would need 8 cards and the force on the bottom for it to work. Or would have to have it at the 4th postion for 6 cards.
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
78 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, Powermagic asked:
Or would have to have it at the 4th postion for 6 cards.

You likely already figured this out-but, yes, that’s it.
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Mark the force card if needed and maneuver it to the bottom while apparently mixing the cards face down. Hold the cards face down by the long edge with one hand. Using the fingertips of the other hand, push the bottom card back towards yourself half an inch. Pull the second-from-bottom card out and move it to the top. Repeat this. Ask the spec to stop you at any time. Whenever they say "stop" the bottom (force) card has been chosen and it can either be revealed immediately, or you can set it aside to reveal later. A little fanning powder makes the glide easier to execute.
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2022, martonikus wrote:
Mark the force card if needed and maneuver it to the bottom while apparently mixing the cards face down. Hold the cards face down by the long edge with one hand. Using the fingertips of the other hand, push the bottom card back towards yourself half an inch. Pull the second-from-bottom card out and move it to the top. Repeat this. Ask the spec to stop you at any time. Whenever they say "stop" the bottom (force) card has been chosen and it can either be revealed immediately, or you can set it aside to reveal later. A little fanning powder makes the glide easier to execute.

I am not sure who invented this force, but I learned it from the late great Aldo Colombini.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Name of packet force request (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL