The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Moment by Andy Nyman (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
717 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
You could definitely have the blue prediction on the blue card and the red prediction on the red card in fact that is what they say to do. I just remember my first thought as soon as I saw it again this might simply be thinking as a magician is I bet in the opposite deck there's also a magician card that says the same thing regarding that particular color of deck. So I thought about it last night and came up with the idea of marking the opposite color on the magician card. And actually tell a little story that throughout the years you lost or misplaced one of the magician cards but you have found that particular one that you kept and the prediction that you made on it is 100% right all the time. And being that it's the opposite color of the card you show I believe it helps to do away with the idea of two cards in play. Now I may be wrong but I actually tried this out today and it went over very well. One person even commented it's too bad you still did not have the blue card to show that you pick blue all the time. Unbeknownst to them had they picked the red deck I would have done the same thing and said people always pick the red for some reason. In this particular case I don't think I could have asked for any better outcome. But like I said this may not be for everyone it's just something to think about.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Am employing the “switch-a-two”. The magician card is brought out before the colour choice. Depending on response, it is either left on table or placed in pocket. Bringing out the aged magi card first, allows you to introduce the trick, talk about this old card you saved from your childhood matching card game… this particular magician came from the “characters” (or whatever) card game set.

And so, I recently found a “Circus” themed set of the playing cards…

Which colour do you want to use?…

Carry on with routine and either leave magi card on table or leave it sticking out of your pocket as per “switch-a-two”.

Or if you are an unspeakably lazy magician… just pocket the incorrectly called card and proceed with the routine without the 50/50 reveal.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2781 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Very nice thinking on this! Thank you for sharing that.

Good magic to all,

Eric
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
178 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Does anybody remember the old slide a coin off the table and make it vanish slight? You could essentially do the exact same thing here with the magician card if needed but instead of a vanish, just switch it out. This is very easy to do and it looks quite deceptive since there is absolutely no heat on that card. Since this is an effect that requires a table, you might as well take advantage of it. No gimmicks necessary.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
jdaven2122
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jdaven2122
Hey all... I got this a few days ago and just love it. Had just one thought in the presentation to explain why there is a blue deck and a red deck. Just a small detail but back in the day when Barnums circus was traveling, they had 2 shows traveling simultaneously by train... a Blue line train and a Red line train. Thus the 2 color sets. That is a true story btw.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2022, jdaven2122 wrote:
Hey all... I got this a few days ago and just love it. Had just one thought in the presentation to explain why there is a blue deck and a red deck. Just a small detail but back in the day when Barnums circus was traveling, they had 2 shows traveling simultaneously by train... a Blue line train and a Red line train. Thus the 2 color sets. That is a true story btw.

That is great.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ProperCharlie
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of ProperCharlie
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2022, jdaven2122 wrote:

That’s fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Dave W UK
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dave W UK
Simple and easy to perform allowing concentration on your presentation, beautifully produced cards and an epic effect. I love this.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2781 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Every time I perform this I think back to the time when I almost did not purchase this! Man I am so glad I bought this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
Great trick, I like it too.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Hi all,
I often come up with ideas and touches for effects we sell (some good some not so good) but have decided to start releasing these thoughts to all owners of the product as a FREE tip sheet. Here is my first one on Andy Nymans great effect The Moment. You can download it here http://digioh.com/em/10639/185620/auwqt9fsrd?demail=.EMAIL$

Please note you will be required to input the password you use to access the tutorial video, so only download if you have the effect and the password.

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Peter Nardi
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2022, Alakazam Magic Official wrote:
Hi all,
I often come up with ideas and touches for effects we sell (some good some not so good) but have decided to start releasing these thoughts to all owners of the product as a FREE tip sheet. Here is my first one on Andy Nymans great effect The Moment. You can download it here http://digioh.com/em/10639/185620/auwqt9fsrd?demail=.EMAIL$

Please note you will be required to input the password you use to access the tutorial video, so only download if you have the effect and the password.

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Peter Nardi

That's fantastic, thank you Peter.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
The Moment is one of the best effects of 2021, in my opinion. I love just about everything that Andy Nyman creates, and The Moment is at the top of my list. I have wonderful childhood memories of going to the Clyde Beatty Circus with my grandparents, which makes my presentation really personal. I perform Circus in Your Hand as a second phase; that gets really strong reactions as well.

Peter, thank you so much for sharing your handling!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
480 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
How about using a Z-fold wallet for The Moment.
I posted my idea in the Secret Sessions, because of the details about the wallet and the working of The Moment.
Here:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
178 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I thought about the z wallet but it just adds an unnecessary prop into the equation. Andy's original way of doing this is really good and if there is more of a crowd in play, that's the way I prefer. If it is just one on one or a small group and the situation is right, there is a clean way to bring out the magician card and show it as the first item to be seen, then show the two packets. They choose the color and you simply set the magician card and unchosen packet off to the side. In that moment, it's done. No gimmicks or extra props.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
For me, the thing that makes the switch/deal mechanic deceptive is demoing it face up initially (where it really does mix the cards). I'm going to routine this so that both stacks are set to allow a face up jumble before leading in to the spec driven one.

I think that will strengthen things considerably.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
480 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, sevenup wrote:
I thought about the z wallet but it just adds an unnecessary prop into the equation. Andy's original way of doing this is really good and if there is more of a crowd in play, that's the way I prefer. If it is just one on one or a small group and the situation is right, there is a clean way to bring out the magician card and show it as the first item to be seen, then show the two packets. They choose the color and you simply set the magician card and unchosen packet off to the side. In that moment, it's done. No gimmicks or extra props.

No, there is no ADDING here. Instead of two plastic holders you just have one container, the small mini wallet.
And Andy uses two pockets to hold The Magician Cards. With this wallet you carry evrthing in one place.
And I don't think you have to mention it, but every experienced peformer understands that you are just handling the wallet casually, so it is not taking an important part of the handling! It is just another container for the cards.

...but each to their own, I guess... Smile
Hutch
View Profile
New user
England
15 Posts

Profile of Hutch
Matthew Macfadyen is a very good actor.
Hutch
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
737 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I overlooked this when it first came out , great effect , glad I picked one up.

Cards are great , packaging amazing , and the routine simple yet deceiving.

Thumbs up from me .

Regards Carl.
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Wow gotta get this, love Andy Nyman's work and teaching.

I love Andy Nyman. His trailer is so soothing. I’ve only performed the trick for my wife. She was fooled, however, she is a very supportive and caring wife. I’m not sure I like the premise of the trick. I’ll have to perform it for a lot more people to get a sense of how good it is.

To me, the teaching of the trick by Andy is worth more than the trick itself. The psychology, scripting and insight are fantastic. I’d love to hear Andy lecture on any topic.
upnxrawk
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of upnxrawk
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2022, carlwag wrote:
I overlooked this when it first came out , great effect , glad I picked one up.

Cards are great , packaging amazing , and the routine simple yet deceiving.

Thumbs up from me .

Regards Carl.

I almost did the same. Glad I came to my senses and picked this up. This one always gets a great round of applause at the end every time if done right
Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Moment by Andy Nyman (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL