The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » It's Your Choice by Paul Brook - New Hardback Book (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hi all,

Hope you're well.

My dear friend Paul Brook is due to release another book this coming January. It's called It's Your Choice. Paul has put a newsletter out about it recently and the book can now be preordered:

https://www.heknows.co.uk/shop/its-your-choice

I don't know too much about it but have greatly enjoyed his previous releases (especially, for me, Nix4 and Certified Mentalism) and fully trust that this will be fantastic, too. Looks like a deep-dive into a single technique, which exactly is the kind of book I really, really enjoy reading.
My review will come once it's available to read.

Stay safe everyone. I dearly hope the situation for entertainers around the globe will improve soon.
Until then, hopefully Paul's writing will manage lift our spirits a bit. <3

All the best,

T.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I will soon review this book in my Breakfast Mentalism and I can’t wait to reading it!!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Can’t wait - this sounds dynamite.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2021, TimonK wrote:
Hi all,

Hope you're well.

My dear friend Paul Brook is due to release another book this coming January. It's called It's Your Choice. Paul has put a newsletter out about it recently and the book can now be preordered:

https://www.heknows.co.uk/shop/its-your-choice

I don't know too much about it but have greatly enjoyed his previous releases (especially, for me, Nix4 and Certified Mentalism) and fully trust that this will be fantastic, too. Looks like a deep-dive into a single technique, which exactly is the kind of book I really, really enjoy reading.
My review will come once it's available to read.

Stay safe everyone. I dearly hope the situation for entertainers around the globe will improve soon.
Until then, hopefully Paul's writing will manage lift our spirits a bit. <3

All the best,

T.

Hey Timon Smile

I join you in hoping that this global pandemic becomes more under control and we can all start entertaining in the ways we are used to.

While I cannot go too much into the method it is indeed a 'deep dive' into a single method. The amount of work that I have put into this single method means that it is way more than the initial effect it started life as.

In this book I hold nothing back, it is more than 260 pages long (some +40,000 words), which should give an indication of how much detail I go into. Yet, I have cut pages and sections out that I did not feel were necessary. When I write, "possibly the most versatile opening effect in close-up mentalism" I do not do so lightly.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2021, lucavolpe wrote:
I will soon review this book in my Breakfast Mentalism and I can’t wait to reading it!!

Hey Luca Smile

Looking forward to your thoughts on this, I really think you will love it!

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2021, saysold1 wrote:
Can’t wait - this sounds dynamite.

Hey Brett,

It's been my bespoke opening effect at corporate gigs and my tradeshow goto (fully customisable for the company product/message) for so long now, that's how much I like this.

I know you are going to get a real kick out of this Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hey Everyone Smile

Since releasing this information yesterday I have had a lot of people emailing and messaging me with questions.

After responding to every single one of these questions in detail I feel like my fingers are of fire.

In my attempt to protect the secret of the effect, which is the correct thing to do for those who purchase it, it turns out I may have been a little too vague.

I've now updated the website with a more detailed description of the effect, along with more examples of what the method is NOT.

Hope this helps Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Oxon, UK
108 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Paul, I like your work and I'm hovering over the buy button but I am not fully certain what the routine is. As this is a public forum I have sent you an email with particular questions but have not had a response.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2021, Bryce wrote:
Paul, I like your work and I'm hovering over the buy button but I am not fully certain what the routine is. As this is a public forum I have sent you an email with particular questions but have not had a response.

Hi Bryce,

Appreciate your continued support of my work, thank you 😊

I've responded to all of the emails and messages I've received so far. If you have a question that is suitable for an open forum, feel free to ask here. It's likely going to be relevant to someone else reading it. If it's not suitable for an open forum, then drop me a PM on here.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
Looking forward to another real world worker from Paul!
I didn’t even think twice about buying this right away. Paul is super thorough in effect development with multiple presentation angles and the effects have more than likely to have been refined over and over again.

Killer cover too! I can’t wait to read this.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
woho
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of woho
Looking forward to get this book.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
It took me a long time to track down a second hand copy of Nix4 after I missed the boat with that one, so made sure I pre-ordered.
MindAgent
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of MindAgent
Read the info a few times and it sounds like an updated version of Choose Me?
tgaffney
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of tgaffney
I ordered same day it was announced

Based my purchase 100% on past great stuff
I have bought (and more importantly used) in the past

Can't wait to add this to my toolbox
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Is non-limited the same price as limited edition?

Cheers.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, Machina wrote:
Looking forward to another real world worker from Paul!
I didn’t even think twice about buying this right away. Paul is super thorough in effect development with multiple presentation angles and the effects have more than likely to have been refined over and over again.

Killer cover too! I can’t wait to read this.

That's very kind of you to say, thank you Smile

Glad you like the cover, I think it's pretty cool too. But I must say, even though there are a few Bizarre presentations inside the book, the cover doesn't denote the type of content, remember this is a method that can work with ANY PRESENTATION STYLE. I've had a few people ask me if the material is strictly occult based...well, that depends on the time of day you perform and with what materials Smile

A few people who have seen the front cover in the early development stages didn't even notice that there was three hands.

It's nice when even the book cover is fooling! Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, woho wrote:
Looking forward to get this book.

Not sure if you are one of the pre-orders, or if you are waiting for the release date?

Just remember that there are some very cool pre-order bonuses for those who jump on board early.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Paul is on my list of creators whose work I’ll happily blind buy as I’m as sure as you can be that I’m going to love it. This was no different, and looking forward to the release date!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
****. I think I have to invest another 150£
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, Pixelated wrote:
It took me a long time to track down a second hand copy of Nix4 after I missed the boat with that one, so made sure I pre-ordered.

Strangely enough, after my recent move to the rural seclusion of Scotland, I have (despite unpacking numerous boxes) not been able to locate my own personal copy of 'NIX4', despite having a good old look Smile

While I know the secrets that are written inside, it's more of a sentimentality, as I like to keep the proof copy (along with the many errors) of each of my books.

Hopefully, it will turn up and will be in a mislabeled box!

Glad to have you on-board early doors for 'It's Your Choice', what are you going to do with the future time you are saving searching for a vintage copy?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » It's Your Choice by Paul Brook - New Hardback Book (78 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL