The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
My question is... do you know this act where a milk bottle is placed against the throat and smashed with a hammer?

Thank you for any info.
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Profile of Matthew the Magnificent
Dear Tait... I have to tell you that I have never seen nor heard of such a thing, and additionally that 'here in the States' you are not too likely to get a reply from someone who CURRENTLY is familiar with this effect... we long ago stopped using GLASS milk bottles... plastic STARTED to replace them, and waxed cardboard, too... MANY years ago... today there are extremely few 'family dairies' that STILL offer them, just one that I know of anywhere NEAR where I am (Los Angeles County).

Sounds like it wouldn't be at all hard to manage, a 'cinder block with sledge hammer' type thing, if that helps to understand the principle... but I must confess, I once went thru' a plate glass window... and was inches from it being fatal...to me, placing glass on the neck is not the wisest, and an APPLE can be neatly split in two with a sword, instead, a rather similar effect, and done RELATIVELY QUITE SAFELY if done properly... all a matter of physics, as is the cinder block...

One consideration, tho'... with the current beheadings in the Middle East, a sword to the neck might not be the wisest choice in effects...
Many years & Many experiences in Magic and Related Arts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Question? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL