The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Menu (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
Hi everyone. I have been working in restaurants for more than 15 years, and recently I found myself looking for new material with Sisti's conference, when researching about it I found the magic menu.

I am contemplating buying both volumes, but I am afraid that I have mostly card tricks, since I like to give variety to my show and since the cards are very seen I avoid them.

I have not found an index or much information about these books / compilation, so I would like to know your opinion, does it have varied effects for restaurants? Is the material it contains worthwhile even today? Thanks for any help.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Yes,
The Magic Menu, if you can find the books are very good. Lots of different effects, not all cards.
Business advice, difficult spectators, relationship with staff and management etc.

You've been working restaurants for awhile so you know. Still I thought the books offered great insight as well as varied useful effects.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
Thank you very much for your kind answer.

I worked my first years in restaurants making card magic (ACR, Aniversary Waltz, Torch and Restored, WOW, MVP, Chicago Opener, Card To Mouth), but my "competition" makes cards, so I have sought to stand out. I have done the 3 Fly, Spoon Bending, Center Tear, Ring and String (with ring fly at the end), ropes, chop cup, sponge rabbits, sponge balls, inject, double cross, B Wave, Splash Bottle, bill / card to impossible location (the bill on lemon is my star, plus I developed my own version where the viewer cuts the lemon and everything remains on the table, in fact I have talked to Cody Fisher about it and showed him some videos), card on ceiling. .. but I want more visual things since I currently have a very noisy PUB.

I have David Stone's real secrets of magic (DVD and book), Prince's Menu of Miracles, Jay Sankey's Real work in restaurants, Live at Jailhouse, Strivings' Mobile Mentalism, Ettienne Pradier's lectures, David Stone, Fay Presto, Jim Sisti, Perseus Akromanis, Cody Fisher, Balay ...

Having shown a part of what I have worked and my magical library oriented to restaurants, do you still think that I will find something new in this book? I would buy both, but the cost is considerable, for this reason I want to be sure that my purchase will be worth it.

Thank you again and a magical hug.

PS: I just saw among my abandoned downloads the lecture of Luis Carreon where he has a routine of coins with a bottle production ending and I fell in love, it's the kind of magic I want to do.
ScarneAce
View Profile
Regular user
In a Galaxy far, far away...
150 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
Buy it more for the advice and stories. I have both volumes and there's maybe a dozen or so good effects in them. From the tricks you know and the sources you already listed I doubt you'll find better material in the menu books.

I'd start with this first https://www.lybrary.com/magic-on-the-menu-p-502462.html
Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
Thank you very much ScarneAce, I think I will postpone the purchase a bit and equip myself with some accessories for the Christmas events, since apparently the books will be more collectible and on theory.

BeachCat, thank you very much, but if I bought, I would buy both books to be all 10 years old (and I have a dealer for it).

Thank you all for your comments.

Magic greetings!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Menu (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL