The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trojan deck - Joshua Jay (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Saw this at his lecture last night. It was the end of the show and being tired I wasn't trying to spot any moves. Just enjoying the magic, and I gotta say it definitely got a wow out of me at the end.
without exposing too much, the way he structures the routine is great because of the timing misdirection with the selected card. There are other options to perform the same effect but If you have any of his other gimmicked card stuff you know they are quality. For 75$ I don't know, but it just depends on how you use it. If you can tell a really really heart gripping story and create the right atmosphere I think this can be very strong.

In response to the Italy lectures. Stuff happens, Josh seems to be a great guy. So unfortunate if true but I'm sure he had a proper reason. He has a lot of tour dates coming up soon and last night it appeared that he sold out of all of his material minus a few single decks and gimmicked cards. So we will see if he cancels the rest of his tour.

Cheers!
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, sillymagician wrote:
I've been doing reviews of magic that I buy. I feel it gives me the right to be honest and not hold back if I see deficits. Here is my review of The Trojan Deck:

Thank you for the review.

Kinda surprised by some of the comments about Josh. He is a great magician, and has personally provided extensive help with several effects that I purchased. They're not all winners, but he's contributed much more to the magic community than many have. Just my two cents.

D.
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2021, andygregs wrote:
Agreed he is a great magician but also as a magician we see things differently and I’m not convinced that an eagle eyed spectator wouldn’t spot the middle cards didn’t match but each to their own.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2022, pelicantrapper wrote:
Saw this at his lecture last night. It was the end of the show and being tired I wasn't trying to spot any moves. Just enjoying the magic, and I gotta say it definitely got a wow out of me at the end.
without exposing too much, the way he structures the routine is great because of the timing misdirection with the selected card. There are other options to perform the same effect but If you have any of his other gimmicked card stuff you know they are quality. For 75$ I don't know, but it just depends on how you use it. If you can tell a really really heart gripping story and create the right atmosphere I think this can be very strong.

In response to the Italy lectures. Stuff happens, Josh seems to be a great guy. So unfortunate if true but I'm sure he had a proper reason. He has a lot of tour dates coming up soon and last night it appeared that he sold out of all of his material minus a few single decks and gimmicked cards. So we will see if he cancels the rest of his tour.

Cheers!

Just to add to my previous posts ...

He was lecturing in Italy. With his not-so-slim girlfriend/wife/whatever ..

You know what that means: Italian beautiful cities (did someone say he was heading to Venice the following day?), gorgeous food his girlfriend/wife/whatever could relish ...

Should I add more?

I swore not to buy anything from Harry Lorayne for much less ... and kept my promise.

Mark
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Caution, occasionally a well-constructed effect depends on a bold misdirection….and that should not
diminish the value or quality of the effect….But if you are going to purchase….ensure yourself that you have the confidence to pull of the “move” without cover. Magicians who have a charismatic personality, like David Stone can get away with almost anything in plain sleight, David Roth depends upon very difficult sleights….and not so much his low key personality.

Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, dj wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2021, PeteB wrote:
Really no deck switch? How narrow a definition of deck switch are we using? If not a switch then definitely an addition (precisely at 4.30 minutes in). Having placed the blue set of cards the woman shuffled, on top of the supposedly empty card case, (which put me on high alert), on going to pick them back up, Josh picked up the card case as well. Clearly an important moment. This belief is reinforced because there is a vision edit right at the point the addition or switch takes place. I am not suggesting that the action is not continuous, just that cutting to a different sized shot hard on the point of a switch always helps to hide it. This is not the first time I have seen this video technique deployed in Josh’s routines, (and is a little naughty imo).

No deck switch.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
101 Posts

Profile of How
Does anyone know a good alternative to the Trojan Deck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trojan deck - Joshua Jay (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL