The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hot Rod gem selection (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Avocat
I personally never liked the "spell to your color" aspect of gem selection for the classic hot rod

Anyone ever just let people pick a color? For a group of three or more, SOMEone is almost certain to pick the key color gem, especially if it's pink or red

And if no one does, just choose it yourself: "we all have favorite colors, what's yours? Ah, I see, mine's red"

Figure you could also do a quick line-or-two cold-reading based on each person's color choice.

Unfortunately, I haven't owned one for years so I can't test the presentation myself

Anyone ever dispense with the gem selection aspect?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3036 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
What has worked for me is to have a person think of a number from 1 to 6 but to just spell the number in their mind. I give an example like T H R E E. Sometimes when I say this it's the number they were thinking of and they smile and say "That was it" and go on with the routine. Then you have a double whammy no matter what.

Having THEM spell the number in their minds makes sense to lead them to the force color. ( if they choose 1,2 or 6 there is a reason to spell) I think I got this idea from Jay Sankey.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Avocat
That's brilliant

It makes little sense logically but it FEELS like it makes sense, and more importantly makes the spelling seem like less of an "out"

thanks for sharing that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hot Rod gem selection (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL