We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown TV shows ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I am sorry if this has already been brought up elsewhere in the Café.

Being in the United States, I am unfamiliar with Derren Brown's TV specials. I have read his books and like his style, but have never seen him actually perform. Anyone know of a way I could get to see a few of the shows?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
I understand he may be doing some TV stuff in the US next year, but no details yet.

You can buy a DVD of his last UK TV series 'Mind Control', but I don't think you can get that in the States (?), so you might have to order it from the UK.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
I was lucky to find one staring at me in an HMV store in Hong Kong. HMV is Hong Kong's answer to Tower records.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Jibboom
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jibboom
Hi Dave,

You can get a copy of Derren's DVD "Inside Your Mind" from http://www.magictricks.co.uk at a relatively cheap price. I know when I bought it from them it was roughly £10 cheaper than most retail stores.

The DVD itself is a compilation of routines (73 minutes worth) from his first couple of "Mind Control" TV specials from around the 2000-2002 era.

In my personal opinion, I think they're fantastic, and I'm sure anyone who appreciates that sort of thing would love this DVD.

However, the real golden nugget is the extra 53 minutes of extras. There's a great interview with Derren, but also a handful of routines that were recorded but never made it to the final cut of the TV specials.

One of these is a routine where he takes several car salesman and proceeds to "read their minds". There is then an added feature where Derren actually explains what signals he's looking for, clues, tell-tale signs, etc., when performing this effect. It will be especially interesting to those who study NLP, psychology, etc.

All in all- I think it's an excellent value DVD full of top notch content. And although I'm a blatant Derren fan (and I'm not ashamed of it!) therefore may be expected to be biased, I think neutrals would also agree it's an excellent buy - not if you're expecting an instructional DVD, but just for entertainment and a lesson in presentation.

Go get a copy! Smile

Gaz

Dave here's a direct link -

http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=481

Unfortunately it's Region 2 encoded and in the PAL format, meaning it's only compatible with European systems. But if you have a multi-region player that plays PAL DVDs also, then you should be okay. Smile

gaz
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
You can find all shows on the Internet, as I understand. I wish I knew where.

If someone has more info on that please let us know here.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Thanks everyone. If someone know's where they are on the internet, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'll look at getting it from the UK magic shop and find a DVD player that can play it.

Dave
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Ari_Zona
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Ari_Zona
All the material Derren did is available on the Internet for free downloading. One must only look in the right places.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
If you are familiar with torrents you can probably find them at suprnova.org

Or other torrent sites. You'd have to check, though. Of course, buying the shows is always the best way.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
He has some great clips on his website.
altoni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of altoni
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the links and advice.

Dabe

DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Probably best to buy the DVD. After all free downloads are piracy. It's only going to make it less likely for performers to release material if it's being pirated.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
If people pirate the DVD that is one thing, but recording a show from TV is not illegal.
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Winnes
It's not illegal to record for your own viewing, but as I understand it, it can't be distributed and shared (and therefore, downloaded).
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1968 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Ive got all his specials on one dvd... It took while to collect all, but its worth the effort to watch him perform...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
It is illegal, any rebroadcast is illegal by playing it.....
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
But the C4 link is the channel which owns the rights to broadcast the show, so not illegal (at least in the UK!)

And as for ripping DVDs - sure it is illegal, but what's the difference between that and copying a CD, which I recon everyone here has done at some time?

Just a hypothetical question - not trying to pick a fight with anyone Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
123majik123
View Profile
Regular user
nowhere
180 Posts

Profile of 123majik123
Off topic but does anyone have any idea as to when the specials are going to be aired again? particually mind control 3???
Jibboom
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jibboom
Majik123,

I don't know of any scheduled airings, but I would keep your eye on E4 (Channel 4's cable channel) as they're prone to throwing on the odd show now and again. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown TV shows ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL