The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Get Reel - Jay Scott Berry (a Magic Portal review) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Get Reel - Jay Scott Berry
$20.00
https://devillemagic.net/product/get-reel/

The Hype:

Get Reel is a master class on reel and silk magic

The most comprehensive reel & silk download ever.

5 Original Routines

30 Mind-blowing Moves for Cane, Wand, Mic Stand, Ring and Rope.

The techniques taught here can be used Close-up to Stage, Street to Zoom,

Perform Fully Surrounded...

Packs Small and Plays Big!

My Take:
In an hour and nine minute video, you learn simply everything you need to know to perform this classic illusion

The first time I saw silk through mike stand (I think it was Michael Ammar), it floored me. Unfortunately, I never bothered to take the time to learn it. This could probably correct that error.

Jay has been performing this for over 35 years (at the time the video was shot) and it looks truly magical in his hands.

The props needed do pack small and play big. Jay tells you how he chooses and prepares his reels. He does not use the traditional ITR but a reel he picked up at a hardware store. It is sturdy and shaped just right for his purposes. He then goes through his procedure of preparing the reel for use.

After a basic training section (shown with colored string to make it more visible in the teaching), he goes on to teach five routines. They are basically all the same effect but done with different moves and props.The routines are not taught at a fast pace allowing you to see every angle and how fingers are placed.

Circularity - Multi phase routine. Ring is shown and silk is threaded through it. Both ends of the silk are held in one hand yet the silk is pulled through the side of the ring. Similar to silk through mike stand. At the end, the silk is threaded and the ring is thrown off without being touched. Pretty visual routine. Angle proof. You are given a variety of moves that can added to your performance.

Cane and Scarf - Once again, the mike stand type routine but this is done with a wand and completely in the hands.

Mic Stand - Tilt move is very pretty and deceptive. Jay also teaches his original move, Double Cross, which looks fantastic.

Fit to Be Tied - Penetration through wrist and then through rope that has been doubled up. Jay does this with music only and I think that is the best way to go. Any type of rope can be used and examined.

Wanderful - A silk through wand routine featuring moves you have already learned. For me I think this would be a great routine with a Harry Potter theme.

If this is an illusion you would like to add, this will get you going. Recommended.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Great review . I concur (I have this video and am still working through it.) I'm very glad I have this video. Jay always inspires me.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
May I know your opinion if it would be relevant for street busking magic ( with spectators at 4 steps away from me and in day light) ?
thanks

Quote:
On Dec 28, 2021, canaday wrote:
Get Reel - Jay Scott Berry
$20.00
https://devillemagic.net/product/get-reel/

The Hype:

Get Reel is a master class on reel and silk magic

The most comprehensive reel & silk download ever.

5 Original Routines

30 Mind-blowing Moves for Cane, Wand, Mic Stand, Ring and Rope.

The techniques taught here can be used Close-up to Stage, Street to Zoom,

Perform Fully Surrounded...

Packs Small and Plays Big!

My Take:
In an hour and nine minute video, you learn simply everything you need to know to perform this classic illusion

The first time I saw silk through mike stand (I think it was Michael Ammar), it floored me. Unfortunately, I never bothered to take the time to learn it. This could probably correct that error.

Jay has been performing this for over 35 years (at the time the video was shot) and it looks truly magical in his hands.

The props needed do pack small and play big. Jay tells you how he chooses and prepares his reels. He does not use the traditional ITR but a reel he picked up at a hardware store. It is sturdy and shaped just right for his purposes. He then goes through his procedure of preparing the reel for use.

After a basic training section (shown with colored string to make it more visible in the teaching), he goes on to teach five routines. They are basically all the same effect but done with different moves and props.The routines are not taught at a fast pace allowing you to see every angle and how fingers are placed.

Circularity - Multi phase routine. Ring is shown and silk is threaded through it. Both ends of the silk are held in one hand yet the silk is pulled through the side of the ring. Similar to silk through mike stand. At the end, the silk is threaded and the ring is thrown off without being touched. Pretty visual routine. Angle proof. You are given a variety of moves that can added to your performance.

Cane and Scarf - Once again, the mike stand type routine but this is done with a wand and completely in the hands.

Mic Stand - Tilt move is very pretty and deceptive. Jay also teaches his original move, Double Cross, which looks fantastic.

Fit to Be Tied - Penetration through wrist and then through rope that has been doubled up. Jay does this with music only and I think that is the best way to go. Any type of rope can be used and examined.

Wanderful - A silk through wand routine featuring moves you have already learned. For me I think this would be a great routine with a Harry Potter theme.

If this is an illusion you would like to add, this will get you going. Recommended.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi, devillemagic seems out of operation, any idea where I could get it? Thanks
OllyWilliams
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of OllyWilliams
Hello Dr VG. Oddly was looking this up myself just now, came across your post and found the video for purchase! https://magicladder.net/product/get-reel/
Apparently "DeVille Magic" is now renamed as The Magic Ladder.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Thanks for the link
That s the beauty of the magic Café

BTW would appreciate your opinion on feasibility for street theater show semi circle/SURROUNDED (4-5 STEPS awaw)?

Quote:
On Dec 2, 2022, OllyWilliams wrote:
Hello Dr VG. Oddly was looking this up myself just now, came across your post and found the video for purchase! https://magicladder.net/product/get-reel/
Apparently "DeVille Magic" is now renamed as The Magic Ladder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Get Reel - Jay Scott Berry (a Magic Portal review) (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL