The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Ducks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
I'm used to card,coin, and tricks with sleights,and was wondering if anyone here heard of using ducks in acts or routines? (I'm trying to start using livestock in my acts). I own mallards and normal domestic (white) ducks.

Thanks for any imformation you may have!
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hey magiciangirl,
I have seen Terry Evanswood and Lance Burton perform with ducks. I have seen lesser known magicians use ducks also, mostly with the "Duck Bucket". I'm a bunny guy and soon to be dove guy so I don't have any personal experience with ducks (except there's lots of them at the theme park I work at) but I know they can be used in magic shows.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I have used ducks in my act for about 20 years. They are easy to work with. You can do about anything with them you can do with a bunny, the props just need to be made to fit. My ducks tend to be quiet in the prop, like a rabbit. When I remove them from the prop, I normally have a towel in my arms, just in case. I call it a duck diaper. Ducks get a big reaction because people do not expect them like they might a rabbit.
quack
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Thanks guys! Oh, and one more question, what kind of ducks do you use Magicduck?
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
From what I have been told and seen I'm pritty sure most magicians use peeking ducks. I may be wrong.

Darcy
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I don't know the breed, but about all I have ever seen used are solid white ducks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Thanks! I have two of the "solid white" ducks.
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I have found indian runner ducks to be best look huge but are very "compact" for want of a better word
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have used ducks and they do work well. Lucy (my wife) uses geese and has found them to be real stage "hams". They love the attention and learn roles very quickly. They seem much smarter than doves. Doves can't learn a sequence but ducks and geese have no problem learning a sequence to follow. (They do get jealous!)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Most magicians use white onstage... mainly because A they are clean... and B they look huge because they are white.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Ducks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL