The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Regardless of what the creator says, the proof and validity of the product lies with the feedback people give back. I've already seen a negative review on Penguin and from what I have read here, this product should have been refined better. I have ONE good question for those people who own the product - How closely can the spectator look at the prediction on the box and not see any discrepencies?

It depends if you hold it perfectly still
Or keep it moving perfectly still from three feet you could see something if you keep it moving you probably could get away with it.
But I am very disappointed in the way this has been made and marketed.
Even if mine wasn’t so stiff to move,and even if a certain something didn’t move when something else moved it would still show signs of wear and discolouration in a very short time which would make the gimmick even less invisible.
I honestly don’t believe that anybody that has this could disagree with anything I have written.
This idea could have been made so much better.
Also If one particular suit is selected it is almost impossible to select it easily without disturbing something.
This product screams for a version 2.0

and you should be supplied that free of charge.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You cannot see mine even close up and like I say if so one pms me their email I will take various pictures and send them.
I agree if you have already thumbed yours around a lot that edge will attract dirt.
So it should of been made in a wipe clean plastic stock.
I never thumbed mine around at all on the flat surface but only on the lipped edge I created.
Don’t get me wrong I posted and update earlier as I think this will wear out quickly and it’s difficult to get to certain cards quick enough.
The illusion though close up (when it’s clean) is very deceptive.
The room I practice in is well lit and my friend who I showed the other night truly couldn’t see any overlap and I had to literally tell him where to look and hold it at that angle.
It’s a great idea and concept but it needs to be made stronger, I don’t know if it’s possible to find a method where you could get everything in place quicker though.
Maybe one dial for the value and maybe a slide of some sort for the suits.
If you have any sense you would never hold any overlap at the angle looking directly at the overlapped edge.
You would always be face or have that edge slightly angled towards your body so you are looking across the overlap.
You can try that yourself on a clean piece of small paper it’s pretty impossible to see so you then put that behind cellophane and you will never see it.
You will in time though as dirt builds up from your thumb.
It’s definitely a great premise and one that should be refined as it must be possible.
Best wishes Gaz.😊 ps I am not recommending buying it in its current state just explaining the close up appearance part on a clean one.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Nice balanced review Gaz 👍🏼
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Mine, if it ever turns up, will be returned unopened.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is anyone who purchased this happy with the gimmick as is and using it to perform?

Has anyone sent theirs back?
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Hi Pegasus, going back for a refund in the mail today. $50.00 bucks brother!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2022, mysticalsales wrote:
Hi Pegasus, going back for a refund in the mail today. $50.00 bucks brother!

Understood. Not sure about the US but in the U.K. if you receive faulty goods then the seller must pay for the return postage.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/......v9z9iQdk
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pegasus just emailed you some pictures of mine so at least you can see I am not talking bull about close up viewing Gaz.😊
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Apparently there is no quality control on this trick.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Yep ! Mine packed and ready to return on Monday
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Make sure the vendor pays for return postage. We need to push this so that they’ll be reluctant to sell crap going forward. Instead of making money they’ll be losing it.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
There is new harsh feedback on Penguin.

This effect might get the magic raspberry award of the year!
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
There is new harsh feedback on Penguin.

This effect might get the magic raspberry award of the year!

Definitely. It’s incredible that Jota is refusing to accept responsibility by continuing to deny any problem with the gimmick.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Time for a magic 'quality control' team, methinks...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Time for a magic 'quality control' team, methinks...

Count me in.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Glad I dodged this bullet.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
299 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Fully appreciate the feelings here regarding the bad design and quality of the gimmick, but what killed this trick for me was upon the 1st viewing of that trailer... The way he held the card case so close to his chest and said he'd sign it and date it. The handling of how he gripped that box for dear life as he pretended to sign the prediction! Just my opinion, but it just didn't look natural and "screamed" of hiding "something"!

I do chuckle to myself about the signing of the card!!!!! I can understand if you were famous, David Blaine, Derren Brown, but which layperson want's my autograph, I'm just nobody but the magician LoL!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Agree with the first part, less so with second.

I think if a spectator has witnessed a miracle, they will be more than happy for you to freeze the moment and share it, along with your name.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed, you can date the moment at least. Loads of effects have used that ruse for years, it’s tried, tested and works imho Gaz.😊
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
What would be nice if they work out the problems and called it 2.0 like someone else's said earlier. This trick has a lot of potential if it's was made right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL