The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distancia LES FRENCH TWINS (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Https://store.theory11.com/products/distancia

I like the looks of this. Having bought several thread items in the past few years. This intrigues me. I'll wat for reviews. Enjoy! Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Would love to hear more about this, suppose ill wait for reviews...other than the warning about the magnetic field this seems interesting
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I like it because it is NOT thread but has some of the same looking effects.
"WARNING: Distancia is not a toy and is intended for adults only - it is a device that possesses an incredibly strong magnetic field. Please keep the device at least 2 feet away from any electronics, phones, watches, credit cards, or people that have sensitivity to magnetic fields."
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
113 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Think this looks pretty good. From the trailer and ad blurb I think it's pretty clear what this is - reminds me of Control by Darryl Vanamburg
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1706 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Is this $150 for a magnetic coin and a wrist magnet? If so, seems high. And performing other routines with a powerful magnet on your wrist sounds like it could be problematic -- e.g., your chop cup ball leaps to your coat sleeve, etc.

That said, the effects look great.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
698 Posts

Profile of Waters.
For me, the question is how does this differ from standard PK items? Distance? size? other flexibility or functions?

Stated another way, would someone with a Chazpro micro 5 still have reason to buy this?

Honestly curious.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Waters. wrote:
For me, the question is how does this differ from standard PK items? Distance? size? other flexibility or functions?

Stated another way, would someone with a Chazpro micro 5 still have reason to buy this?

Honestly curious.

Chazpro bat owner here from way back. It finally disintegrated. I feel this may be stronger, judging by the price. I, too, will wait for a review.
SebastienSmithMagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SebastienSmithMagic
I believe this is tailored to the generation of magicians who sprung up after the M5 was no longer available… most of them have no knowledge of the M5 so it’s new and flashy. Could be some interesting routine ideas but the primary effect seems manageable to most intermediate magi.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jared
This is a variation of Canadian magician Jack's routine which is called "Nervous Jolt" on his Penguin LIVE Lecture. In his variation, the magnet block is positioned near the elbow and the handling is better disguised than this. The necessary magnet required to perform Jack's cost $82.00 with the shipping included. In addition, you need a strong PK coin (about $35). The only benefit that I can see with this is the ease of hookup (wristwatch). But on the other hand, you can perform Jack's with your sleeve rolled up. What's difficult to see from the trailer is how realistic the watch looks? I ordered the necessary magnet to perform Jack's routine recently and am presently waiting for the delivery before I can try it out.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Jared wrote:
This is a variation of Canadian magician Jack's routine which is called "Nervous Jolt" on his Penguin LIVE Lecture. In his variation, the magnet block is positioned near the elbow and the handling is better disguised than this. The necessary magnet required to perform Jack's cost $82.00 with the shipping included. In addition, you need a strong PK coin (about $35). The only benefit that I can see with this is the ease of hookup (wristwatch). But on the other hand, you can perform Jack's with your sleeve rolled up. What's difficult to see from the trailer is how realistic the watch looks? I ordered the necessary magnet to perform Jack's routine recently and am presently waiting for the delivery before I can try it out.

Thanks for the tips Jared!!. Let us know, Maybe below for safety.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Quote:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12510
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
711 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Is the risk from such a strong magnet worth the effect of a moving coin? Could the spectator be wearing a metal watch, or ring, or earring that could get ripped out or damaged? Could it affect the data on their phone?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2701 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Bill08 wrote:
Is the risk from such a strong magnet worth the effect of a moving coin? Could the spectator be wearing a metal watch, or ring, or earring that could get ripped out or damaged? Could it affect the data on their phone?

See their warning on the ad. This is NOT the first time I have used magnets, so I would say the user be aware of the possibilities and routine accordingly.
JustJohn
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of JustJohn
I use, on an extremely limited basis, a pretty strong magnetic block. But it doesn't bear (or warrant) a 2-foot warning. I've seen what that block can do to a regular watch (particularly one of those fancy automatic ones) and credit cards. If this device is even stronger than the block, what's the application for close-up effects (many of which were demonstrated in the advertisement), given the risk to items on a spectator's (or the performer's) person that may easily be (de-)magnetized?
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
972 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
What's difficult to see from the trailer is how realistic the watch looks?

The gimmick does not look disguised as a watch to me. Simply a strap holder to be worn hidden in your sleeve.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, scott0819 wrote:
Quote:
What's difficult to see from the trailer is how realistic the watch looks?

The gimmick does not look disguised as a watch to me. Simply a strap holder to be worn hidden in your sleeve.

When I saw the two straps, I assumed that it was supposed to be a watch but you're right. It looks like a holder to support the magnet.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of gassaox
It would be good if the magnet in the strap could turn (rivot) around in holder ,magnetic on one side .and a cover to have no magnetic field or less on the other so you can wear it on your wrist at all times .
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
699 Posts

Profile of oombob
Being near anyone with a pacemaker would be my concern.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of equivoque
After watching the demmo,I have to wonder if you need to magicians and two of these products to accomplish some of the effects.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
198 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
The demo makes it appear stronger than the M5.
Always had trouble doing the haunted deck with the M5 And sometimes you had to be pretty close to make the coin flip in their hand.
If this is somehow stronger it could be a winner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distancia LES FRENCH TWINS (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL