The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » What patter for starting your show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
How do you introduce yourself in a show, especially
for close up (adult people)?
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Hi
I havn't done a proper show yet but this is my advise anyway: Try to act confident, Speek oud and clearly, and for during the show just remember to have fun

Good luck!!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Especially for closeup, LOOK at the audience; make eye contact.
They aren't there to see the top of your head (which is the way about 85 per cent of closeup performers work!)
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
If possible have someone else introduce you.

Unless you are just doing magic for people you know, the person running the show should speak for you before you start. Then just begin the magic.

Sincerely, secret
sincerely, secret
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I always loved comic Richard Jeni's opening line. After an off stage introduction and a thunderous applause he would look out over the crowd say...

"What if I suck?"

Brought the house down for the first of many times during his show.

By the way...if anybody on the forum want's a Big Show Room Voice intro...just eMail me...be glad to do ya one and eMail you an MP3.

Doug
http://LionPoint.com
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I stare at them for a bit longer than is comfortable (and remember I look as I do in my avatar, and the theme to The Exorsist is playing in the background). I lean in, and do the "Pft pft pft pft" sound that Hannibal Lechter makes in The Silence Of The Lambs. Smile
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I expect they all bring spare underwear to your performances now, I know I would!!

Tom
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
They should, however, that opening always gets a big laugh, which is the intention. Smile
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Bloody Marvellous !
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
I've always wondered at people who introduce themselves with the words, "for those that don't know me, my name is ....".

So, the question is ... wait for it! ..., what is their name for people that already do know them? Smile
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
"Hi..my name is Rick. And in the next few mintues I'am going to show you why you should never play cards with strangers.. for money."
Self concept is destiny..
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I kinda like that opening line that Chevy Chase does in SNL where he goes, Goodevening, I'm Chevy Chase, and your not! Just tweak it a bit like , I'm _______ the great ______ and your not!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I always have someone introduce my.

I open my stage show to linking rings done to music.
Close up I greet the audience and move right in to the invisible deck.
The Magi
View Profile
New user
Boise, Idaho
7 Posts

Profile of The Magi
We have someone introduce us, and then we do a t-silk routine to music, and after that we take the liberty to reintroduce ourselves. I find that having someone introduce us at the beginning is more professional, but re-introducing yourself is nicely personable, and it helps the audience feel closer to you, the magician, and closer to the performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » What patter for starting your show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL