The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Disintegrating Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2283 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys,

I have a challenge for you all!

I'm currently wracking my brain for ideas and I've got a few, hoping I could tap the mind of the highly creative folks here for more!

The Effect: An unboxed deck of cards sits on the table. The magician picks it up and upon crushing it, it disintegrates and trickles down onto the table.

The methods I have so far:

1. Sugar mold of a deck of cards (hollow) with back design transferred onto it via stamp.

2. Salt mold of a deck of cards (hollow) with back design transferred onto it via stamp.

3. Meringue mold of a deck of cards (hollow) with back design transferred onto it via stamp.

4. Dry wall compound molded into a deck with back design transferred onto it via stamp.

I'm not a fan of the 4th method due to the compound leaving a chalky residue on the skin.

There are pros and cons for each method stated above but I'm willing to put in the work to make this a reality.

If anyone has any additional bright ideas, they're truly welcomed!

Thanks all!

Stay safe,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
waynet
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of waynet
Does the effect require picking up the deck without first covering it with something (a napkin for example)?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2283 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2022, waynet wrote:
Does the effect require picking up the deck without first covering it with something (a napkin for example)?

There is a deck switch that happens done seated at a table. So the gimmicked deck will be brought in and placed on the table and left untouched until picking it up and crushing it at the end.

Hope this helps!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Disintegrating Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL