The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cassidy Wallet by Nakul Shenoy (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Back after over a decade, the Cassidy Wallet returns! Get the wallet blessed and used by the legend himself.

Features:
  • Crafted with quality Indian leather
  • Comes in black or brown
  • Contains 5 different peek methods and a hidden index
Don't just take our word for it, hear it from Bob himself: "I love this wallet! It does it all and yet looks like an everyday man's bifold. Made of beautiful leather, it's perfect for impromptu work - just like me!"

Cassidy Wallet by Nakul Shenoy
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Couldn’t tell much about the wallet but I enjoyed the throwback sounds of the ‘60’s cop show music.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ve ordered all 3 variants. You can never have too many. Can’t wait to receive the Limited Edition Croc version.

You know, for a mere 150 Bucks each, who cares if there’s not an actual demo of the wallet in action. It must be good.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2022, pegasus wrote:
I’ve ordered all 3 variants. You can never have too many. Can’t wait to receive the Limited Edition Croc version.

You know, for a mere 150 Bucks each, who cares if there’s not an actual demo of the wallet in action. It must be good.

lol I ordered them twice. What if one gets lost or whatever? Better be prepared.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
I think this is going to be an outstanding Wallet. I ordered (1) of each as well so if you want one let me know as I’ll be selling (2) and will give you a discount! PM me if you like.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Whut?
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Compared to the new generation of wallets (1914 products) this appears to be a bit old fashioned, or am I being too cynical 🤨! Also it would be interesting to hear what the late ‘Uncle Bob’ would have made of it now in comparison. I note that Murphys are using a quote from him, however as he is no longer around, is that still relevant?
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, corindaman wrote:
Compared to the new generation of wallets (1914 products) this appears to be a bit old fashioned, or am I being too cynical 🤨! Also it would be interesting to hear what the late ‘Uncle Bob’ would have made of it now in comparison. I note that Murphys are using a quote from him, however as he is no longer around, is that still relevant?

Orphic wallet is limited on space and peeks. The Cassidy Wallet has multiple peeks and the wallet is high quality. I think both wallets have style for the carrier.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
-There are 5 ways to get a peek from the wallet.

-Four are full peek and one is a partial peek (where you can only see what's written on a portion of the card).

- Can be loaded with everyday objects

- Made of pure leather

- Croc option (50) made only. Limited production
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Seriously, who needs 5 peeks in one wallet? Is the next wallet to come out with 6 peeks instantly better?

I’m going to work on a wallet with 15 peeks surely that's got to be worth $$$$$$s

Reminds me of razor companies one upping each other on the number of blades their disposable razors have!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
5 peeks? just screaming to get caught out on one, one good peek is all that is needed,one that looks justified and that will do the job easily .
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, BeefyBill wrote:
Seriously, who needs 5 peeks in one wallet? Is the next wallet to come out with 6 peeks instantly better?

I’m going to work on a wallet with 15 peeks surely that's got to be worth $$$$$$s

Reminds me of razor companies one upping each other on the number of blades their disposable razors have!

Various peek options is good for many reasons. If you keep doing the same thing you “just” might get caught. Lol
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I owned this wallet years ago but didn't care for it. I found it to be way too bulky for my taste. It felt like a George Costanza wallet in my pocket. The peek options were fine but there was nothing revolutionary here or better than what the latest wallets offer. FYI (from memory) Bob Cassidy didn't design this wallet or have any input. It was named after him by Nakul as a 'tribute' to him and his contributions to the mentalism community. Bob didn't care that much for peek wallets. He would only occasionally use one but only during impromptu situations. He was almost exclusively a stage performer and once said that peek wallets had no place in stage shows. So, the Bob Cassidy connection was only in the name of the product. Don't be fooled into thinking that this was Bob's wallet of choice.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, Fire Starter wrote:
5 peeks? just screaming to get caught out on one, one good peek is all that is needed,one that looks justified and that will do the job easily .

Yes, but having multiple peek options for confabs or to change it up doesn’t hurt either. Ask yourself why there are multiple force options?
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, Jared wrote:
I owned this wallet years ago but didn't care for it. I found it to be way too bulky for my taste. It felt like a George Costanza wallet in my pocket. The peek options were fine but there was nothing revolutionary here or better than what the latest wallets offer. FYI (from memory) Bob Cassidy didn't design this wallet or have any input. It was named after him by Nakul as a 'tribute' to him and his contributions to the mentalism community. Bob didn't care that much for peek wallets. He would only occasionally use one but only during impromptu situations. He was almost exclusively a stage performer and once said that peek wallets had no place in stage shows. So, the Bob Cassidy connection was only in the name of the product. Don't be fooled into thinking that this was Bob's wallet of choice.

Good points. The wallet is def not made for someone that wants to carry a slim wallet with minimum carry opportunity. Bob Cassidy did say he loved the wallet and it was for impromptu magic which I believe is true. I think quality in wallets is important and this one holds to that ~ it will last.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, Jared wrote:

Also, this is improved from the other versions as I’m told. I can’t speak on the orders as I didn’t own them.
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
I rarely, if ever use more than one peek for the same person or group so my one tried, tested and perfected peek serves me fine!

If you use the same peek 5 times for the same person, yes you may get caught but I think if you are doing that then you have bigger problems to be honest!
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Also your multiple peek options point is moot because if they are all in the same wallet and you use them for the same spectators then they will look pretty much the same to them surely? If I used a wallet to do 5 different peeks in the same conflab I’m telling you now the wallet would become sus!

If i’d used the wallet once and needed another peek I’d do something completely different!
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
I rarely, if ever use more than one peek for the same person or group so my one tried, tested and perfected peek serves me fine!

If you use the same peek 5 times for the same person, yes you may get caught but I think if you are doing that then you have bigger problems to be honest!

True. However, it’s funny how one may do a series of card tricks with various forces. What’s the difference? You are still having them select a card. It only becomes strange when we think it’s strange.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
Also your multiple peek options point is moot because if they are all in the same wallet and you use them for the same spectators then they will look pretty much the same to them surely? If I used a wallet to do 5 different peeks in the same conflab I’m telling you now the wallet would become sus!

If i’d used the wallet once and needed another peek I’d do something completely different!

If you are doing an effect where you are gathering multiple items from spec you want more then 1 spot. Peek (double and triple peek) we’re not unheard of
Switching billets and banknotes are also important.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cassidy Wallet by Nakul Shenoy (40 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL