The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I need your help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
I have a nephew that is performing in a talent show. Because of me he is obssesed with magic. Unfortunatly he is not old enough to really do anything.

Long story short I am helping him out tonight. What effects could I do that make him look magic instead of me? Or how can I modify some tricks. Any ideas?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
How old is he?
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
He is only 4.
TheMagicApple
View Profile
New user
The Magic Apple
8 Posts

Profile of TheMagicApple
Cups and Balls would be great. Maybe with 7/11 big gulps and sponge balls?
Adams has a great production box that goes over well!
Professor's Nightmare is pretty simple to pull off.

Coloring book is always a winner too!
The Magic Apple
818-508-9921
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Anything with a change bag....you be the assistant holding the change bag while he, being the magician, puts items in the bag. He does the magic, and you just assist him.
I did this with my son at a talent show at his school, and everyone thought he was the magician. I was just the assistant.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I would suggest a simple square circle.

Easy to do, easy to understand for BOTH him and the watchers!
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Good suggestions. I was also thinking of doing slush powder and have him wave a wand over the cups. I guess I could even let him dump them over his head. Nothing would come out. I just worry about him dumping it over his head for some reason.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Awwww, a 4yo magician, that'll be so cute the audience will lap it up whatever he does.
Would you be able to help out as his "assistant" and cover some of the more difficult business while he gets on with the serious business of waving a wand around and looking funny in a top hat?
George
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
The Change bag is what I'd do, I'd hold it for him and All he would have to do is put somthing in and take something out. I wouldn't tell him how it works either so he'd be convinced he's really magic.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
Well if you had more time an "instant magician" would work great here!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Thanks for your input. I did end up using a change bag and I did slush powder and a few other tricks. He got nervous and sort of just stood there, but he still had fun. All of his friends thought he was the coolest, so I guess it went ok.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I would suggest a trick like PB and J. It is a trick that fits a child of that age and a great trick that can be done with both of your help. You have one side and he can have the other. he basically mimics what you do and it is quite easy for him to follow along.

It can also make into a great routine full of comedy and laughter as you constantly get it wrong and he gets it right creating a PB and J sandwhich all by himself at the end and you left holding the bread.

Just an idea.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Kevin James "Instant Magician" would have worked great in this situation. I would follow it up with the change bag or some of the other sugestions after as well too.

Glad it went well.

S. Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I need your help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL