The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalplay App by Nelson Suárez (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
I surprised that even after months from its release no one thread about this brilliant app.
Quote:
There is not better PREDICTION than a video!,
Spectators will always remember it, and the best part is, you can send it to your spectator as a souvenir. (100 times more memorable than a photo)

Record yourself, upload the video to the app, and add input text and let mentalplay do all the work revealing any text or numbers chosen by the spectator (completely free choice) ,in a pre-recorded video in real time.
In less than a minute you will be able to edit your videos, and mentalplay will do all the work on the performance.
With mentalplay in addition to text, you can predict images, objects, places, more than 4 or 5 predictions in a video.

CUBESMITH - -- INJECT 2.0 ---- VIMEO. INTEGRATIONS

5 PREDEFINED SCENARIOS IN WHICH YOU CAN ADD VOICE-OVER, AND YOUR OWN VIDEOS TO CUSTOMIZE THE SCENE AND CREATE YOUR OWN PRESENTATIONS.
Imagine just some of these scenarios

• Pick one person from the public and then ask them to name either a word or number (FREE CHOICE for them) and then….Boom! when playing the video they will see in a real video “recorded by yourself” in which appears their chosen exact word or number written on a blackboard in your home or in a graffiti on a wall on the street.

• Ask someone from the public to name a lucky person, a family member, friend or whoever he/she wants. (FREE CHOICE for them).
    Let them imagine the named person while you roll a RED DICE and name the number on top out loud, you are going to repeat the same exercise with a WHITE DICE and then with a BLUE DICE.
    In real time and without changing screens o windows from your mobile, you hit play and BOOM!!
    The video now shows all predictions! their free choices, the numbers from the Red, white and blue dices and the exact written on post-it.

• This time let all your spectators know that you have a prediction recorded! Now you need anyone who can help describing an imaginary character. The chosen person from the public will have to provide us with enough details such as:
    Hair description: blonde, dark, ginger, bold, short with moustache.
    Tops: Jacket, vest, shirt short sleeve with square patterns, shirt with line patterns, pullover.
    Bottom: shorts, (green, grey, red or line pattern) pants.
    Object/additional accessories: Orange, notes, alarm clock or a file.
    Don´t worry! All this information will be noted in the description box below the player so you won´t forget what to ask!. Once we have the description that´s all done! Now play the video for everyone to watch your prediction!

• Ask one person from the public to name or write any random TIME and a CITY (Free choice for them)
    Play the video, your friend will be shocked to see a real video recording at an airport with the EXACT TIME and DESTINATION appear on the departure board.

You can create those effects and many more, the only limit is your own imagination!

https://mentalplayapp.com

I don't have this app yet but it is in my wish list!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Yep. Very, very cool app. I'm hoping for Android at some point. Otherwise it's worth switching to iphone for this alone, ha.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of montanna40
This looks really good
It is a lot for it but I must admit . There are a lot of ideas forming that I believe can get a lot of use from this
Would like some reviews first
But looks promising
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Only thing I don’t like is the list that is populated for each choice before the video plays. Even though the keyboard input is to the spectator invisible, just don’t like there is a visible list in play for each layered selection before the video is played. This is the difference against duality - the video is already playing as they make the selection.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Only thing I don’t like is the list that is populated for each choice before the video plays. Even though the keyboard input is to the spectator invisible, just don’t like there is a visible list in play for each layered selection before the video is played. This is the difference against duality - the video is already playing as they make the selection.

Agree!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2022, Roberto W wrote:

Hmm, really, then are you saying the spectator makes their selection BEFORE the video begins to play?
Because I quite like Duality where the selection is made while the video is playing. Not just the method but I prefer the routine and effect of that better. With Duality the video is not just another revelation but an entire routine in itself.

If that is the case with Mental Play then it seems to be like TAP except with a video reveal instead of a photo reveal.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Doesn’t having the video opened after all decisions have been made lead the audience to believe you just have numerous videos uploaded to YouTube?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Pretty sure this is how it goes, having seen a performance in the past:

You go to a specific Youtube video on your phone, you pause it, and scroll down to the description where there is a list of different things to choose from. They verbally make some choices (free choices), and you're inputing secretly as they choose.

Then, you simply scroll back up to the video section of the screen, hit play, and their choices are predicted.

From what I've seen, I think it's extremely clean and super streamlined. Spectators won't think you have multiple videos because you're already on a specific video in your account.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Ok thank you. I just watched the performance video on their site and this isn’t how it played.
How you describe is indeed much cleaner.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
All the choices are made before the video starts to play
https://youtu.be/tfXiihWumLQ
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Roberto, I'm guessing you own this so you know for sure? Because it's weird, I swear I remember seeing a video in the Magic Apps FB group where it was as I described it.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
All the choices are made before the video starts to play
https://youtu.be/tfXiihWumLQ

Yes, if you check the second performance he is already in the video page and the paused video is backdated, in the spectator's mind no way to change the paused video because it is alive in Youtube or Vimeo Space . With the Vimeo integration you can share the link with them beforehand and the video is backdated on Vimeo website. If you combine forces and peeks, the multi-revelation routine will be far more deceptive.
The Inject and Cubesmith integrations also will allow you to perform without inputting anything in your phone just press the play button, I think the integration with Timesmith and remote control are under development as well.
In Mentalplay you have multi revelation using text, color, video and voice while in Duality you are only limited by one text.
In terms of features and options Mentalplay is superior to Duality and yet more flexible.
At the end it is matter of personal preference and they can co exist together in your phone without interfere.
Regards
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes you’re right, I guess it is personal preference and yep agree there is a place for both on the market. I too feel mental play is slightly better regarding the visuals in using the colour camouflage technology, but the Duality team have been saying for a while they are working on bringing this into duality. You can reveal any word, number, lots of font style etc on duality and I personally don’t feel limited to options as there are plenty. The guys are working on lots of add ons and I’m looking forward to remote control functionality so when he video is playing you could even let the spectator hold the phone and input the selection as the video is constantly playing which will be a game changer.

For me I personally prefer duality due to being able to input whilst the video is actually playing and started playing, rather than spectator making choices/choice before the video play - even though it looks quite innocent with the video already there waiting to be played.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Yep, Duality is fantastic. I use it all the time and it totally kills.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Which app do you like better? Duality 2.0 or Mental Play?
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Which app do you like better? Duality 2.0 or Mental Play?

I would love to know people's take on this too, where they have experience of both apps.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I very much doubt many people have both apps, as they are both priced very highly and are very similar in effect.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
People serious in buying either app will research everything about each one before buying, weighing up pros/cons according to their opinion. There is so much info and video demo’s on each you know exactly what each does and how different they are from each other. Literally what you see is what you get with each - just depends which you prefer and which you think would be more fooling/entertaining from a spectators perspective.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

I don't have Mentalplay. But it's incredible in what it can do (especially with the improvements and adds over the months, it's all in the Facebook group). There's room for both, and as a magic junkie, I'd end up with both (after donating plasma, of course).

But you cannot go wrong with Duality, in my opinion. People love it. It's all in the presentation.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Yes you’re right, I guess it is personal preference and yep agree there is a place for both on the market. I too feel mental play is slightly better regarding the visuals in using the colour camouflage technology, but the Duality team have been saying for a while they are working on bringing this into duality. You can reveal any word, number, lots of font style etc on duality and I personally don’t feel limited to options as there are plenty. The guys are working on lots of add ons and I’m looking forward to remote control functionality so when he video is playing you could even let the spectator hold the phone and input the selection as the video is constantly playing which will be a game changer.

For me I personally prefer duality due to being able to input whilst the video is actually playing and started playing, rather than spectator making choices/choice before the video play - even though it looks quite innocent with the video already there waiting to be played.

Yes, 2 different cases and 2 different scenarios:
* Mentalplay: Send the backdated Vimeo link beforehand to the client, do your routine, display the video prediction, send the link to the other audiences or put QR code to make it easier for them to get the link.

* Duality: Play the video, do your input while video is playing, show the prediction, share the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalplay App by Nelson Suárez (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL