The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalplay App by Nelson Suárez (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Yes that’s because of different formats etc depending on peoples phones. But it doesn’t take that long to fine tune, just the odd adjustment here and there to make it look as it does when the vid plays. That’s only of course if you want to export it and send on. I get what you mean with it being annoying to have to do it and yeah ideally you shouldn’t really have to do it, it should just save exactly as when it plays.

I never said it was a big deal, I said I care more about that than the colour filter option not being present in the app. And more than that, I care that fine tuning is not very user friendly at all - as mentioned in my original post.

Quick? Usually. Annoying? Always.

Trying to adjust it just a tad and it jumps a mile.

Would be great if they added little arrows to incrementally adjust the prediction. Or even better, just a dragging option to position it - as you can already do elsewhere in the app.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Well, if we’re now complaining about Duality, I bought it at the pre-release demo and haven’t touched it since. Why? Because I’m waiting for remote control capability.
I can think of very few apps that are literally crying out for a remote to be operated by the performer more than this one is. Yes, I know many are fine with the current input methods but I refuse to use them as much on principle as anything else.

The creators seem to be following in the Turner boys footsteps, which means that if a lot of people want it then we’re not going to do it. We only want to implement ideas that we think of.
Benke offered to help with a remote way back when but these guys kicked him out of the group for apparently having too many good suggestions. These guys are more interested in making great promises (teases) and then seeing how little they can actually deliver. That seems to be their goal. Most of these improvements don’t take months to implement. Benke could probably do it in an afternoon and I guarantee you that every single change he would have added months ago.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
[/quote] I never said it was a big deal, I said I care more about that than the colour filter option not being present in the app. And more than that, I care that fine tuning is not very user friendly at all - as mentioned in my original post.

Quick? Usually. Annoying? Always.

Trying to adjust it just a tad and it jumps a mile.

Would be great if they added little arrows to incrementally adjust the prediction. Or even better, just a dragging option to position it - as you can already do elsewhere in the app. [/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean, when setting the time the prediction comes in there are small millisecond arrows, then if you are wanting to set how it looks if you export a video (in the perspective setting) it’s simply a case of dragging the prediction into alignment - there are no sliders etc. so yep you are just dragging it slightly up/down etc. I do agree though if this is what you mean, when you lift your finger/thumb off it jumps a bit and annoying to reset it.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, videoman wrote:
Well, if we’re now complaining about Duality, I bought it at the pre-release demo and haven’t touched it since. Why? Because I’m waiting for remote control capability.
I can think of very few apps that are literally crying out for a remote to be operated by the performer more than this one is. Yes, I know many are fine with the current input methods but I refuse to use them as much on principle as anything else.

The creators seem to be following in the Turner boys footsteps, which means that if a lot of people want it then we’re not going to do it. We only want to implement ideas that we think of.
Benke offered to help with a remote way back when but these guys kicked him out of the group for apparently having too many good suggestions. These guys are more interested in making great promises (teases) and then seeing how little they can actually deliver. That seems to be their goal. Most of these improvements don’t take months to implement. Benke could probably do it in an afternoon and I guarantee you that every single change he would have added months ago.

Yes the Benke situation was a strange one and he was really passionate about offering to help with improvements - look at his input with cognito - incredible. Also yes I’m praying (as all of us) too for the remote control feature to be added asap.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, Roberto W wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean, when setting the time the prediction comes in there are small millisecond arrows, then if you are wanting to set how it looks if you export a video (in the perspective setting) it’s simply a case of dragging the prediction into alignment - there are no sliders etc. so yep you are just dragging it slightly up/down etc. I do agree though if this is what you mean, when you lift your finger/thumb off it jumps a bit and annoying to reset it.

You're telling me you can go into the 'fine tuning' section of the app (the actual section called fine tuning, not just the menu bar in general) to adjust how the prediction looks when exported and you can just drag the prediction text around without having to use sliders? If so, are you on Android? On my app, iPhone, you have to use sliders for all of that. Adjusting x axis, y axis, height of text.

Come to think of it, if you haven't touched it since you first downloaded it, are you still on an earlier version that might have worked differently? I can't remember if it ever was able to drag the fine tuning but maybe.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
On the perspective tab you can drag, but yes in fine tuning you are unable to drag. Even though there are sliders for up, down, left, right etc you don’t have to use the actual sliders as yes I agree they are temperamental. Just general position it then just keep tapping the + or - to next to the sliders which moves it very slight so by tapping you can get it exact with it only moving very slight - keep tapping until it’s perfect, so you essentially are not using/dragging the slider to position it.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
On the perspective tab you can drag, but yes in fine tuning you are unable to drag. Even though there are sliders for up, down, left, right etc you don’t have to use the actual sliders as yes I agree they are temperamental. Just general position it then just keep tapping the + or - to next to the sliders which moves it very slight so by tapping you can get it exact with it only moving very slight - keep tapping until it’s perfect, so you essentially are not using/dragging the slider to position it.

You can't drag perspective, you have to use sliders. You can drag for positioning. I tried the plus/minus buttons in the fine tuning and they do work, so thank you for pointing that out.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yep that’s what I was referring to, dragging for the positioning (next to perspective) sorry for confusion. Glad using the + - helped as like you said, trying to get precision using the slider would take forever and annoying I know to think you have the perfect spot, then lift your finger/thumb and it moves.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Do the previous posts about Benke's involvement ending indicate that previously advertised CubeSmith integration isn't happening? That was honestly the only function for this app I was interested in.
k3nnyma
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of k3nnyma
Havent used the app for some time
Cant wait for the new feature with cubesmith and spotted dice
Hope we can have cubesmith + spotted dice + inject in one video
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Do the previous posts about Benke's involvement ending indicate that previously advertised CubeSmith integration isn't happening? That was honestly the only function for this app I was interested in.

Are you referring to the integrations with MentalPlay or Duality? Because Benke only stopped helping with Duality.
k3nnyma
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of k3nnyma
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, AutarchicFlux wrote:

I think Nelson and Benke just posted about the integration of cubesmith recently on the facebook group.
So it’s gonna be released soon
I purchased this because of the integration too
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
Mentalplay in less than a year has been changing numerous features, right now it is already integrated with cubesmith, inject and kinetic dice, and next week timesmith, wikitest and elips

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mentalplayapplication/

You can access the promotional private group where you can see all the news, and updates made during this year

It is also integrated with vimeo , vimeo + inject or wikitest: hand off mobile. perfect to zoom or live show, all the viewers will be able to see the video from their mobile without having to touch the magician mobile at any time, and the best thing you can do is give the link before the show, when the viewer enters the vimeo link and puts the code will be able to see the video and the most powerful thing is that you will see that the upload date was a week, a month or a year ago..., and not only will you upload the video to vimeo but also the description of the video or forcing lists .

With mentalplay you can add one or more force lists to add extra predictions to your videos, which will instantly show up on real vimeo.( description video)

It also has an important feature: Covert Numpad Video.
Secretly select from a video from an unlimited amount to add extra predictions or customize the sequence in the performance.

https://youtu.be/ZpThGJnqF4Q

Here a demo with different predictions to different viewers
This was created with the following features
1 numpad video: color shoe
2 numpad video : color silk
3 numpad color shirt,
4 mentalplay pro (input text)

But the biggest and most sophisticated feature, is color filter festure (game changer). It is the only app that does not need to cover the text or drawing with the same color as the clothes or cover, this at first was a great limitation. Because even if you used the same color to camouflage the text, numbers or drawings as the clothes, the shadows and reflections did not give the desired result, having to create multiple videos until you managed to camouflage with the same color and tone.

Demo mentalplay , color filter feature:

https://youtu.be/9kcmRELnyIU

Contact me if you are interested and I will send you a beta for a while so that you can check all the potential that mentslplay has…
JaviCruzmagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JaviCruzmagic
This app is just amazing so many options for to create miracles.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Just tested the new CubeSmith integration, and it works! Hallelujah! What an awesome feature. Now, to start to figure out what the heck to do with the rest of the app... >.>
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
To be frank, the rest of the app is poorly designed. Not only unintuitive but buggy, and I'm not a fan of the look of the prediction text either. Currently the app is stuck opening to a fake lockscreen, and I seem to have lost the ability to access the settings menu. If only I could say Nelson was as good with customer service as Benke!
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
This is normal when you don't read the instructions well or look in the user group, since in both it is perfectly explained that to go to the setting you must do a long tap in the lower right corner, most have not had problems because they have studied well the instructions, obviously this is a tool for professionals, not a simple app that you just download, you can do a trick, by reading the instructions, watching the tutorial videos that are in the group and familiarizing yourself with the app you can make incredible predictions and not only of text, but of any election in a single video. and very easily. I even told you to ask for a refund since just when you bought the app, without even seeing the instructions, as it seemed intuitive to you and it reminded you of inject 2.0. I hope that now or later when you familiarize yourself with the app you are happy as everyone has transmitted it to me and check how easy it is to create numerous prediction videos in a few minutes of editing with the app.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Congrats Nelson for winning the trick of year!
Steve Faulkner reviewed Mentalplay:
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
361 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Hey there,

Here is my review regarding the MentalPlay App by Nelson Suárez.

When I’ve seen the trailer for the first time I was like « this is impossible, how can I change a video IN REAL TIME on YouTube ? » but I was wrong to think like this because Nil did an incredible job on this app. I don’t know how many hours of coding were needed to make this incredible app but one thing is sure - if you have a strong effect, MentalPlay App will definitely kill your audience !

Basically this app in made to change in REAL TIME a video posted on YouTube. What is crazy is that you can film yourself. No pre-recorded video by someone you don’t know. YOU are on the video making the « prediction » somewhere.

Let’s imagine you go to a YouTube video - play it and your audience can see you showing a paper with something written on the back. A spectator gives you a word out of several you showed him and without going out of YouTube or anything, the prediction matches 100% of the time.

This is one of the multiple possibilities with this app. Only one because they are unlimited. Really…

Here is one of the way I present it. I have a routine based on football/soccer that I imagined for a client. During this routine, I force one club (PSG) with a simple SvenPad and then I have the choice in between several players.
At this moment (for my spectator) I know nothing. He looked at a club and then I asked him to think of a player. But for me, I know he will probably think of one of the most known player : Mbappé, Messi, Neymar,…

Without asking him anything I play my video and he can see that I wear the Jersey of this team. Which is crazy !
Now I ask him the name of the player and when I stand up - on my back there is the player’s name.

I have only performed this routine once for a client but I loved the impossibility of this effect !

You should not see Mental app as an effect but as a tool !

If you often work for different clients imagine the potential when you’ll create a fully customized effect in a few minutes. In my case it is a huge HUGE positive point.

The app itself - once you know how it works - is pretty easy to set. The time it takes to create a new routine will dépend of the complexity of your video and the complexity of your « set-up ». But in a few hours you’ll be able to create an incredible effect.

I know the price can be high but it really worth it ! If you can have one client thanks to an effect created especially for him then the app if fully rentable !

I highly recommend this app!

Thank you Nelson !

Jordan
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
55 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
Is it possible to do a confabulation routine video either on Duality or Mental Play! And which app is the best for a confabulation routine? Thank you
Zatanna Smile
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalplay App by Nelson Suárez (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL