The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyramid of Djoser by Magic Wagon (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tynods
View Profile
New user
France
20 Posts

Profile of tynods
Yeah! Got mine today !
Wow what a GREAT item !
Very easy to perform (nothing to do) and huge effect. It seems... It IS Magic !
Love it ! Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Here is my alternate presentation of this very beautiful trick ✨

The great secret and a clue was hidden behind a sparkling ruby

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2231 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Got this the other day. Very clever gimmick I must say. And pictures do not do justice to the intricate detail. I found putting the cover over the blocks is a little knacky, despite the tips in the instructions, but it will probably improve with some practice.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
418 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I decided to take my Pyramid to our local magic club's Feb meeting last Thursday. I placed 2 large rubber bands around it to keep the lids on and put it on its side in a small brief/travel case. When I opened the case at the meeting I discovered, to my horror, that BOTH of the rubber bands had broken and ALL of the parts were out and mixed up. I was devastated and obviously cancelled my performance spot.When I got it home later I dumped it all out on a table and just stared at them. There was really no instruction on how to reassemble it if it fell apart. What a mess! After MUCH trial and error and trying to use some intuition as to how to reassemble the parts I actually DID get it back into perfect alignment. BUT - I never want it to happen again. It is back into performance condition and I know now to VERY carefully transport it to a performance. I may even build a small wooden case that will keep it intact for transport. A cautionary tale....
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3684 Posts

Profile of Julie
Maybe adjustable Velcro straps would serve your purpose? (...the wooden case sounds very appealing and practical, too.)

Julie
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
225 Posts

Profile of Christo
FYI I have the Dr Marrax (sp?) Dice Pyramid - which is essentially the same thing but larger without all the hokey of Magicwagon. I have two elasticated velcro straps - as Julie has suggested - that go around the whole thing and they've never failed me. I'm not currently near the prop and the straps may no be elasticated but you can pull them really tight to contain everything.

C Smile
"Humpty was pushed!!"
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
How about a small ziplock plastic bag and some scotch tape? That way, not only would the prop be tightly secured but protected from moisture as well.

I am concerned that tightening any kind of straps can possibly damage the prop. The resin material can be fragile and pulling something tight around it can possibly end badly.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3352 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
In the instructions it says something to the effect that your spectators should not be too close. From what I can tell, they can be close, you can actually do this effect for yourself the first time.....and....fool yourself!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2912 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Just received mine and love it! Have the perfect case for it. Have found these cases in variety/dollar stores. Come in a variety of sizes from miniature to larger sizes. Has the right look I think for carrying an "artifact" out of Egypt Smile

CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
Nice
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3352 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Very nice!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2231 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2022, J M Talbot wrote:
Just received mine and love it! Have the perfect case for it. Have found these cases in variety/dollar stores. Come in a variety of sizes from miniature to larger sizes. Has the right look I think for carrying an "artifact" out of Egypt Smile

Thanks John, for that great idea, mines on the way

Click here to view attached image.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6004 Posts

Profile of RNK
Cool looking cases, thanks for sharing John! I'm surprised that you got these at the variety/dollar stores. I'll have to keep my eyes open a little better, lol!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2912 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have been able to find them in a variety of shapes and sizes for different props....

Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
54 Posts

Profile of Bozman
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, J M Talbot wrote:
Have been able to find them in a variety of shapes and sizes for different props....

Great idea - practical and fits the visual theme. I have a similar one (looks like exactly the same clasp), shown here:
https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/ca......l-baker/

Could definitely re-purpose for a few things.
-Bozzy
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Does anyone have any information regarding the next Magic Wagon release?
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2022, Raymond42 wrote:
Does anyone have any information regarding the next Magic Wagon release?

From the Facebook group:

Quote:
Dear Magic Wagon lovers,
Sadly, Jaruk (the teak artist) hasn't fully recovered yet and is still quite affected by his fall. Consequently, Magic Wagon won't be able to release a trick for this month. I will try to keep you informed if there is any update in regards to the progress of his condition.
Simon
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Thanks for the update, Simon.

I wish Jaruk a full recovery, which, understandably, may take a little while longer.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1034 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2022, J M Talbot wrote:

John
What is the wooden box that is inside?
Love the chest BTW!!! Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4925 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There is a Pyramid of Djoser available in the sale section if anyone is still on the hunt for this prop.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyramid of Djoser by Magic Wagon (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL