The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Beginner. make at home illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Browndini
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Browndini
Hey wasup
I am a student eh... (no job)
and I was wondering if there are any books you all would recommend for illusions you can make at home (parts from Home Depot ect)
ehh and can you tell me a store to get them from
***DAVID BLAINE RULZ***
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I know Andrew Mayne will have a book out this fall on that subject which will be worth a look book mark http://www.weirdthings.com and check for an update around...November. On that site he has a book called Illusion F/X you should look at.

I also suggest you look at Darwins Inexpensive Illusions and Paul Osbornes books. I like http://www.hocus-pocus.com but I think http://www.magicsmith.com will have more of what you want.

Good Luck and have fun,
Kyle B.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Two excellent suggestions Kyle

I'll also recommend the Osborne books and if you can find a copy via a "non-magic" source (otherwise you may pay a small fortune for it) the Byron Wells Illusion Plan books are a MUST!

The back of the Mark Wilson Course in Magic has some great ideas on basic illusion systems as well (I've used them all!)
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
If you can find some of the inexpensive books by UF Grant, such as his book on cardboard illusions, there is good material. I think many dealers still have these great little books. Not great on specific details but lots of creativity and easy to work from if you plan what you are going to do. Also, any of the cardboard stuff can be made from wood as well.
quack
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Hey! Cardboard Illusions Rule! Smile

Years ago I made many of the effects in the Mark Wilson Course out of cardboard, painted them with Latex paint... I still have most of them in great working condition! (Bare in mind, these things were made in the mid70s).

Best of luck!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
My friend had a client who did amagic show with only cardboard props...One night they all burned up in a fire, I like that story but it is sad.
Browndini
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Browndini
Dang darmoe you are everywhere.... aka kjames.
Thanks I'll look into em...... I only want like 2-3 effects
***DAVID BLAINE RULZ***
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Beginner. make at home illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL