The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Old Bicycles - Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I am cleaning up my magic "inventory" after a year in storage. I realized I have 12 decks of red backed Bicycle 808's. These are all still sealed and in plastic and have the "old" full, unmodified, card back imprint on the back of the tuck case." I have heard that these older Bicycles are of better quality than the more recent runs.

Question: are these worth selling... are they worth any more than a current run deck of Bikes?
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, Scott Horn wrote:
I am cleaning up my magic "inventory" after a year in storage. I realized I have 12 decks of red backed Bicycle 808's. These are all still sealed and in plastic and have the "old" full, unmodified, card back imprint on the back of the tuck case." I have heard that these older Bicycles are of better quality than the more recent runs.

Question: are these worth selling... are they worth any more than a current run deck of Bikes?

Depends on how old they are. You can open one of the packs and get the number off of the ace of spades and check it. Lee Asher has a nice resource you can use.

https://www.leeasher.com/blog/how-to-dat......ards.php

Some may want the cards just for the boxes, who knows? Some of the older Bikes were great, thin, snappy and not overly slick. Then there were periods where the cards were less than optimal let's say. Poor registration on the back and sometimes the face, rough edges, etc.

So I suggest opening one of them and finding out the age. Or, maybe you already have a pack from that batch that has been opened. And lastly, I guess they could be from various print runs. If they came out of the same brick, then they were probably from the same batch.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
I think it is worth selling, but do not miscalculate the price
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Thanks everyone... Lee Asher's reference is very interesting
Zuzyak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Zuzyak
Yes, I agree, a very subtle reference, I didn’t even understand at first)
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
They are way better then the newer ones. I love 808's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Old Bicycles - Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL