The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Great new mime resource (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
The late, great, Tony Montanaro wasn't just a great mime, he was a world class mime teacher and he put his entire mime course on video. Those have become hard to find but my pal Michael Menes, juggler/mime/video guru (and long time student of Tony's) has been working with the Montanaro estate and has very recently BOTH VOLUMES of Tony's video course "Mime Spoken Here" available to purchase as a download. Here's the link Mime Spoken Here If you want to learn mime, and in particular all those classic invisible wall/walking into the wind/lifted by in invisible rope illusions, this is THE place to do it. At just $35 it's an absolute steal.
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
The DVD version is also available at the site, but then you have to wait for it to come in the MAIL and who wants to do THAT these days?
poki
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of poki
Thanks for posting this! I learned mime many years ago first from a book called "The Mime Book", then from working with objects and then finally from some people who I've met along the road. I would have loved a video (or in person) course. I'm excited to check this one out!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2022, stevevoltz wrote:
The late, great, Tony Montanaro wasn't just a great mime, he was a world class mime teacher and he put his entire mime course on video. Those have become hard to find but my pal Michael Menes, juggler/mime/video guru (and long time student of Tony's) has been working with the Montanaro estate and has very recently BOTH VOLUMES of Tony's video course "Mime Spoken Here" available to purchase as a download. Here's the link Mime Spoken Here If you want to learn mime, and in particular all those classic invisible wall/walking into the wind/lifted by in invisible rope illusions, this is THE place to do it. At just $35 it's an absolute steal.

Very useful. Thank you for posting the link. This is posted in "Clowning Around", but mime training is valuable for magicians , too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Great new mime resource (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL