The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One of my first children shows. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have been performing for more of an adult audience for years now...but recently I started to venture more into the kid shows.

My first one went rather well. We all laughed and had a great time!

2 children, however, were your standard ADHD trouble-makers. I must say it was rough handling those two...and my respect for all of you children entertainers went up. Luckily, I used many of the pieces of advice I got from here at the Café, and was able to somewhat calm them down.

All told, the show was great and the kids had a great time. I even gave my number out to some of the adults who requested it.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Glad it went well, you've now learnt that entertaining kids is more than just a doing a magic performance. There is so much more to take into account, Control of the hyper/disruptive ones being one of them.

I'm glad it went well.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Congrats. Children are not as easy to perform for as some folks would like to think. The more you do the more you will get used to situations and how to solve them.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Finally, someone "from the trenches" who can point out what the rest of us have always known:

Doing kids' shows well is about the hardest thing you will ever do in magic!

(Emphasis on "well").
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 15:34, Peter Marucci wrote:
Finally, someone "from the trenches" who can point out what the rest of us have always known:

Doing kids' shows well is about the hardest thing you will ever do in magic!

(Emphasis on "well").

No kidding. Adults tend to behave (not all of them mind you), but there are always one or two or even more trouble-makers in the children crowd.

One thing though that was nice, was that basic effects entertained the children. I didn't have to work to hard in that aspect. They would have been content if I just did a break-away wand the whole time! Adults, I have to focus more on my sleight and dexterious skills...which I like. Kids are different in that aspect I think...just using a lota-bowl will go a LONG way.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One of my first children shows. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL