The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Live on Kickstarter: Alpha & Omega Playing Cards (Creation, Law, Gospel, Revelation) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Alpha & Omega Playing Cards (Kickstarter)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ele......ed-cards

Four beautiful Bible-based decks with characters and scenes from Creation through Revelation

Cost: ~US$15 per deck
Current funding level: over 300% funded
Kickstarter ends: Wednesday March 16, 2022

I've been a fan of playing card company Elephant Playing Cards (and its owner Ben Jones) ever since I came across their delightful Pipmen decks. Since their success with those charming decks, they have had a prodigious output of custom playing cards that have been enjoyed by people around the world.

One of their most recent projects were the first three decks of their Alpha & Omega Playing Cards series, which depicted different aspects of church history. They're easily among my favourite decks that I've purchased in the past year. As well as depicting important events from history, they feature a delightful woodcut style of artwork, superb graphic design, metallic gold inks, and an all-round gorgeous presentation and quality. They're also very practical for playing card games, and ideal for giving away as gifts.

Now Elephant Playing Cards has returned to give us another four decks of Alpha & Omega Playing Cards, this time depicting different parts of the Bible.

Regardless of your faith or beliefs, the Bible is unquestionably one of the most influential books of all time, and has had an enormous impact on history, literature, art, music, and culture. To properly understand so much of our heritage, it is important to at least be familiar with the people and stories found in the Bible.

The current project includes four different decks, each covering a different period of the Bible:
● Creation (the book of Genesis, and the first book of the Bible)
● Law (the Old Testament period, after Genesis)
● Gospel (the New Testament period, including the gospels and Pentecost)
● Revelation (an apocalyptic book, and the last book of the Bible)

Just as with the first decks of the series, these playing cards come with gorgeous tuck boxes, and quality playing cards. The tuck boxes have intricate embossing and foil accents, so the decks make an instant and positive first impression.

The style of graphic design and artwork on the cards is respectful of the material that is being depicted, and remains very functional and usable. Everything is fully customized, including the unique card backs, the court cards, the aces, the jokers, and even the number cards. I particularly appreciate the wood cut style that is best appreciated with the court cards, which are double sided and include the names of the characters depicted. The use of metallic inks on both the faces and backs of the cards adds a real touch of luxury and style, and was one of the things that really impressed me with the first three decks.

Printing is by USPCC, with linen style "air cushion" embossing ensuring consistent performance, and their popular crushed stock ensuring smooth handling.

There are various options for getting discounts when bundling all the decks together and pledging for higher tiers. The three decks from the previous project can be included as "add ons". All tiers of support also get you access to a free instructional ebook entitled "How to Play the Top 10 Card Games", which will give you some good ideas for what games to play with these or any decks of playing cards.

I'm delighted to see Ben Jones and Elephant Playing Cards making another wonderful contribution to the custom playing card market with this lovely set of four new Alpha and Omega Playing Cards.

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ele......ed-cards

For more information on the first three decks of the Alpha & Omega series (Early Church, Reformation, and Great Awakening), head to the product page over at Elephant Playing Cards.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Here's a few more images of the cards, including what the number cards look like:

1. CREATION

2. LAW

3. GOSPEL

4. REVELATION

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Live on Kickstarter: Alpha & Omega Playing Cards (Creation, Law, Gospel, Revelation) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL